Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I'm Bethany and I'm hard of hearing and learning ASL. I am in my first year of ASL. I would really love someone to sign with. Maybe someone who likes running and/or music?? I'd want to sign with someone around my age. I'm 18. Let's be friends.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hello all! I'm Bethany and I'm hard of hearing and learning ASL. I am in my first year of ASL. I would really love someone to sign with. Maybe someone who likes running and/or music?? I'd want to sign with someone around my age. I'm 18. Let's be friends.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hello there Bethany. I don't mind signing with you. I am hearing but I did one year of ASL and planning to continue studying on my own but I would like to have someone to sign with :)

I would LOVE to sign with you guys, I'm hearing but I'm learning to sign, and I don't know anyone around here who is deaf so I need Asl buddies to skype with

Im learning asl and i have the glide app. I would love it if some one would sign with me. My id is PSN AXGt

Sent from my LG-D415 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Anyone have skype? Or I can download glide again. I'll be subbing with deaf students in elementary and I need to practice more. :)

Hey I'm a student and hearing, learning ASL and would love to find some cool people to practice with! Add me on glow, pytaysc

ASL Skype

Hi! My name is Brianne, and I am hearing. I've been teaching myself ASL to the best of my ability, but I would really like to have some people who I can talk to and practice with. I don't know anyone who is deaf, or who is studying ASL, so I can't use my skills to practice and learn what's right and what's wrong. I live in Suffolk County, Long Island, so if anyone lives in Suffolk County also, I'd love to connect with you! I would prefer to video chat with someone who is deaf since I am not fluent and am looking to sharpen my skills and learn more. But anyone who would like to chat is welcomed to reply :) Or just add me on Skype: BrianneLuz.

My name is Catalina and I am looking to learn ASL. Would anyone be my skype ASL buddy? ;)

Hi. My name is Becki.
I am HOH and am learning ASL. (still pretty basic at the moment!)
I am from Wisconsin.

My Skype ID is: juniperarrow
I don't have Glide but I could be convinced to get one...

Hi! I'm 19 and I'm deaf, if there is any beginer signers out there that want to be buddies, PM me. I'd like to sign with someone close to my age. Excited to meet people

Hello! Sarah here, I'm learning ASL with the Learn and Master ASL video course. I'm really struggling with reading signs on another person! I would love it if I had a partner who's willing to skype/FaceTime or share videos a couple times a week! If you're familiar with the Learn and Master course the better, if not that's okay too :)
I'm hearing enabled.

I don't understand why you, all hearing people even some HOH, want to learn ASL or sign language? You, all, could not find Deaf classes to learn how to sign with Alphabet and Deaf Culture instead of online lessons for sign language. What is with you, wanting to meet Deaf people that you have never met? That does not make any sense about what you want to do with us. We are not toys to play with. What is so great about ASL or sign language that you are fantasized about? ASL or sign languages in different countries are the purpose for us, Deafies, to communicate as we could not hear the sounds from the voices that you all speak. This is ridiculous that I have to read this excuses on why they want to come here on AllDeaf.

If you want to learn ASL, then go to the ASL class, not online. Same for other students who want to learn sign languages from different countries. Good grief. :roll:

I am pulling my hair with frustration with you, hearing people and HOH.

I don't understand why you, all hearing people even some HOH, want to learn ASL or sign language? You, all, could not find Deaf classes to learn how to sign with Alphabet and Deaf Culture instead of online lessons for sign language. What is with you, wanting to meet Deaf people that you have never met? That does not make any sense about what you want to do with us. We are not toys to play with. What is so great about ASL or sign language that you are fantasized about? ASL or sign languages in different countries are the purpose for us, Deafies, to communicate as we could not hear the sounds from the voices that you all speak. This is ridiculous that I have to read this excuses on why they want to come here on AllDeaf.

If you want to learn ASL, then go to the ASL class, not online. Same for other students who want to learn sign languages from different countries. Good grief. :roll:

I am pulling my hair with frustration with you, hearing people and HOH.

Why would someone want to learn Spanish? Or French? Or Japanese? Everyone has their reasons. I don't feel I have to explain my reasons as to why I wants to learn ASL to anyone and I don't expect one from anyone either. In my case, my reasons are close to my heart and personal but I'm learning it whether you think it's acceptable or not just because I'm not deaf.
Some people don't live in an area where an ASL class is available so they seek other sources to learn more, including websites like AllDeaf where they can find out what other options they have.
Their interest in learning this language could be because of someone they know, a profession they chose, or even curiosity.
This website isn't strictly for deaf individuals so I don't understand why you would say such things just because people who aren't deaf are interested in learning the language. I'm not saying there aren't uneducated (about deaf culture) people who say stupid things because they are everywhere, but not every person is out to "play with you" like a toy. A lot of the people in this forum just want someone to practice with because they don't know anyone who is interested in learning with them. There are plenty of men and women who are deaf who are willing to help those of us who are new to ASL. You are obviously not one of them and that's okay but why do you have to put down those of us who want to learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back