Sound Proofing rooms for Deaf Freedom from Hearing complaints

which part of ny are you in?

I wish that could be possible however, where I live there's no deaf culture without driving 2 cities away. I'm the only deaf person in my entire family. Not only that, where I currently live there's no family that lives here. They're all in west coast that do not travel and can't leave their hometown. I left my hometown because of too many ignorant hearing people who bash on Deaf people for no good reason. I grew up in Pebble Beach, California. You can understand now that no Deaf person could live there, not even visit without some kind of flak from the public.

I live in NY now and I am the only person here. Still not much support though people are nicer here.

Come to Central Maryland (between Baltimore and D.C.), I can assure you there is a nice size population here with a nice size deaf population as well! ;)

I wish that could be possible however, where I live there's no deaf culture without driving 2 cities away. I'm the only deaf person in my entire family. Not only that, where I currently live there's no family that lives here. They're all in west coast that do not travel and can't leave their hometown. I left my hometown because of too many ignorant hearing people who bash on Deaf people for no good reason. I grew up in Pebble Beach, California. You can understand now that no Deaf person could live there, not even visit without some kind of flak from the public.

I live in NY now and I am the only person here. Still not much support though people are nicer here.

you group home or rommate? or co-work ?

It's my Fiancee and myself. We're both retired and living together. Not a group home or anything nope. Just a plain old Deafy and Hearie living together.

In my house, it's impossible to do anything, breathing is even loud. For Deaf people why must we all get yelled at for living?
While i love my fiancee ( who's hearing ) it's just wrong to blame me for every time i wake her up even for the slightest of things. This morning it was about moving my chair on the carpet ( while trying to sit at my desk.
If the sounds you make wake her up maybe she can wear earplugs to bed. I am told the custom made one are very comfortable. Just a thought.

LOL. I'm sorry, I know this is probably mean but I've enjoyed this thread. It's a bit entertaining thinking from that perspective (being totally deaf) and knowing you can't do anything about it (the noise), yet also knowing that you can't protect the entire world from your loudness. :) hmmm. . . who knows? This may very well be one of life's unsovable mysteries. As for me, I enjoy a set of noise canceling headphones from time to time. Noise is all around us and there's no way to cancel it all out (except with those headphones or in a noise canceling room, I forget where the one was I read about)
My mom get's those ticking clocks (her house is filled with them). I want to get everyone of them and slam them on the ground to bust them. EVERY night while I'm sleeping, I hear, tick. . . tick. . . tick. . . tick. . . tick. . . tick. . . and it goes on and on. As for moving your chair, I think your girlfriend is just super sensitive. Chairs scooting on the carpet should be about as loud as those stupid ticking clocks that I hate. I've never heard a chair rubbing against carpet making any loud noises.

Last edited:
Back