Something shocking and creepy, deaf wannabes, pretenders and others

I haven't read whole this thread...
I am also a deaf wannabe, I'm not interested in pretending deafness, I need to be completely deaf.
I hate noises people make, I am very aggressive when I hear sounds people make while eating, I hate several voices, breathing, coughing etc....
I have this problem since childhood, cca from the 6-7 years of age, I couldn't sleep, while I heard my sister breathing /we shared one room/, so I used to sleep covering my ears with a pillow. I suppose, that it is some neurological problem or what, that some noises stimulate the part of brain, which si responsible for anger management.
I don't feel comfortable and what is worse, I make people in my nearness also suffer.
So I decided, it would be better, to become deaf, but I have no idea, how to achieve that :buk:
It will be great, when I won't hear nothing, but silence.
I will miss music, though, but it's worth it.

I understand how you feel about that. I have a better idea for you not to abuse your hearing. You will definitely need your hearing.

You could put two ear plugs in your ears, but I thought that you might want to get your earmoulds. Someone at hearing aid shop can make one for you. This will help you to reduce the noise. I am not talking about getting hearing aids. Just the molds. That would be a good experiment for you to find out. I think that it is worth try it.

The earmould should have a tiny hole in it because your ear needs air. The hole is likely to cut down some noises so that you feel more relief.

If you are looking for support for your disorder, I suggest you return to the websites that are designed to help you continue in your illness.

Good one Jillio........I am like WTF with this thread.....whilst I feel sorry for these pitiful people with all these real mental and/or imaginary physical illnesses I would strongly suggest they go start their own website. It sickens me to think there are people posting on here who are not hoh or deaf and are leading us genuine posters around by the nose.

Give any one of them a real disability and it would soon take their minds off pretending to be what they are not.

It's their lack of self-control and self-respect, coupled with the belief that they have a "right" to invent disabilities and defraud the public by faking them that is terribly wrong, if only because when they are discovered, it makes those with legitimate problems suspect and makes it all the more difficult for them to get reasonable accommodations.

You are entitled to your opinion, misguided as it may be, but those fakers are not entitled to cause the additional problems they cause.

What problems do you think those people cause? I was born with a variety of minor disablilities. When I lost my sight for psycosomatic reasons I was accused of 'faking'. I faced a lot of misunderstanding and discrimination all my life due to my disabilities yet I refuse to blame people with BIID for this misunderstanding. Rather a society that will treat criminals with more understanding and tolerance then it treats some disabled people. Particularly those with Neuropsycological problems.

I don't think these people can just get over their cravings. They would like to be more open about the real nature of their problems but do you really think they would keep their jobs if they did that, and yes, many of them do have jobs so they can pay for their own chairs etc... If they waste tax payers money it's only because the doctor's won't simply amputate them which is what they really want but insist on treating their injuries instead. So it's hardly their fault. If the doctors would only amputate the limbs it would be far more cost affective I think and I'm sure their would be a lot of useful bits on a healthy leg that could be reused on someone else.

For all BIID suffererers who are reading this I welcome you here and apologies for those who are so rude and unsympathetic to your problems.

[/B]
Give any one of them a real disability and it would soon take their minds off pretending to be what they are not.

But their problems ARE real.

I know how real mental health problems can be because I've inherited mum's tendancy towards psycosomatic ailments. They are so common that I don't even bother taking them to the doctor any more. I just grit my teeth and usually they go away on their own. However this is not always the case as I found out last summer when I had a bad ear infection. It went on for over a week with me assuming that it was another of those psycosomatic ailments I get. I ended up going to the local hospital when the level of pain got too great and still I worried that the doctor would say there was nothing wrong and treat me like a fake, but they didn't because the infection was all very REAL this time.

Actually I think people who suffer a lot from mentally caused ailments welcome 'real' physical ones because at least there maybe something done and even when there isn't you get more understanding, wheras you are on your own with phycosomatic problems and people get mad at you because they think this is something you are doing delibrately to annoy them.

But their problems ARE real.

I know how real mental health problems can be because I've inherited mum's tendancy towards psycosomatic ailments. They are so common that I don't even bother taking them to the doctor any more. I just grit my teeth and usually they go away on their own. However this is not always the case as I found out last summer when I had a bad ear infection. It went on for over a week with me assuming that it was another of those psycosomatic ailments I get. I ended up going to the local hospital when the level of pain got too great and still I worried that the doctor would say there was nothing wrong and treat me like a fake, but they didn't because the infection was all very REAL this time.

Actually I think people who suffer a lot from mentally caused ailments welcome 'real' physical ones because at least there maybe something done and even when there isn't you get more understanding, wheras you are on your own with phycosomatic problems and people get mad at you because they think this is something you are doing delibrately to annoy them.

I know their PROBLEMS are real dreama, but these are mental health problems, caused by any number of incidents in the past. What I disagree with is those who fake a physical disability like deafness or paraplegia, for whatever reason it may be, to gain attention, make themselves feel loved or anything else.

I also feel this forum is for deaf/Deaf or hoh members and not for those who merely want to be deaf, no matter what their reasons for desiring this may be.
What is wrong with them joining or starting their own website to share their own experiences. Ok there may be some crossover if a person is genuinely deaf/hoh but if not then they dont belong here and I am sure many alldeaf members will not feel comfortable sharing their feelings knowing that some readers/posters are just feeding off others experiences.

I know their PROBLEMS are real dreama, but these are mental health problems, caused by any number of incidents in the past. What I disagree with is those who fake a physical disability like deafness or paraplegia, for whatever reason it may be, to gain attention, make themselves feel loved or anything else.

I also feel this forum is for deaf/Deaf or hoh members and not for those who merely want to be deaf, no matter what their reasons for desiring this may be.
What is wrong with them joining or starting their own website to share their own experiences. Ok there may be some crossover if a person is genuinely deaf/hoh but if not then they dont belong here and I am sure many alldeaf members will not feel comfortable sharing their feelings knowing that some readers/posters are just feeding off others experiences.

Curious what you feel towards people who are not deaf/hoh at all that post here, like ASL students.

:eek3:I have never thought of that and I sure wouldnt feel comfortable with that.

Curious what you feel towards people who are not deaf/hoh at all that post here, like ASL students.

I have no problem with "hearies" posting on here so long as they have a genuine interest in or connection to deafness. This may be as parents, siblings offspring, friends etc of a deaf person. Also as you said above, ASL students.

What I object to is someone who may have problems (mental or otherwise) that are not associated with deafness posting on here, possibly pretending to be deaf just to get us deafies to open up and share experiences. This could then be used to prop up or flesh out the non deaf persons "acting" as a deaf person. Of course we cannot stop anyone from reading what is posted but to have whole threads devoted to syndromes that have nothing to do with deafness does not seem right to me.

They only came on here to post because we were being really horrible about their condition.

BTW I was born HOH and am now profoundly deaf but I can certainly empathise with their situation because people have been horrible with me too. I also see NOTHINGwrong with what they are doing. What does it matter what their condition is. After all their are a lots of hearing wannabies who have doctor's plant things in their ears to make them closer to Hearies. Raykat, how would you like it if someone said you were creepy because you chose to have a CI? Because personally I see no differance between somone who damages their ears to make themselves Deaf and people who spend lots of money getting doctors to put things in their ear to make them closer to hearies. Both are obviously not happy with the way they are and both are doing something about it. What is wrong with that?

To those who joined just to push BIID:

The problem with BIID and most of the other alphabet excuses for behaviors which are eccentric, antisocial, attention-getting, boorish, or tend to waste others’ time and attention is they are only “needs” in the emotional sense.

To compare a “wishful-thinking” disorder with deafness would be insulting if it weren’t so pathetically laughable.

For the most part, they are just quirks that people want to see justified. It’s all part of the new entitlement generation: “I’m special, and I want to do what I want to do without any guilt and without having to earn it.”

I can sympathize only in that I have a few quirks that I would like to see justified by lots of eager women. I think I’m entitled to their attention. I’m also working on four or five initials to call my malady (that doesn’t include the word “pervert”).

Too bad others can’t admit that they are just mainly trying to justify odd desires and behaviors.

:gpost::gpost::gpost:

[/B]

Good one Jillio........I am like WTF with this thread.....whilst I feel sorry for these pitiful people with all these real mental and/or imaginary physical illnesses I would strongly suggest they go start their own website. It sickens me to think there are people posting on here who are not hoh or deaf and are leading us genuine posters around by the nose.

:ty: Raykat. I am not denying that these individuals have a disorder. However, the disorder has absolutley nothing to do with deafness. They are not in need of a forum, they are in need of extensive psychiatric/psychological services. To allow them to manipulate AD for their own fulfillment of distorted needs is simply to justify their lack of willingness to get treatment for their mental disorder.

Primates dont know asl some have just been taught some basic signs, thats all. Someone out there wants to use asl to try an prove primates are the same as humans. Its a joke really, a complete joke. I've never seen a primate sign ussing proper asl grammar or classifiers.

Correct. Look at the Washoe studies in depth, and you will see the flaws in the research design that led to those erroneous conclusions.

They only came on here to post because we were being really horrible about their condition.

BTW I was born HOH and am now profoundly deaf but I can certainly empathise with their situation because people have been horrible with me too. I also see NOTHINGwrong with what they are doing. What does it matter what their condition is. After all their are a lots of hearing wannabies who have doctor's plant things in their ears to make them closer to Hearies. Raykat, how would you like it if someone said you were creepy because you chose to have a CI? Because personally I see no differance between somone who damages their ears to make themselves Deaf and people who spend lots of money getting doctors to put things in their ear to make them closer to hearies. Both are obviously not happy with the way they are and both are doing something about it. What is wrong with that?

What I cant understand is why they are on here in the first place, and if we are being horrible about their condition why would they stick around.......back to my original comment......go find their own website, where they will get all the support they need.

I first heard, or read, about this type of thing a short while ago, I think it was a magazine article about people who wanted limbs removed. I could not then, and still cant now, get my head around why people would want to abuse their bodies in such a way. Compare that with scenes on TV of children with limbs blown off by landmines who would gladly have their limbs back.

Dreama, I do feel sorry for these people, and thank God that I dont suffer from the affliction. I dont think I am being horrible in suggesting that these people seek all the help they can get, either thru the mental health system, councelling, or whatever is available, rather than physically damaging themselves.

As for your question about my CI surgery, hearing is one of the five senses we are normally born with, what I am doing is replacing ,as best medical science can, something that should have been mine by birthright. If I lost a leg in a motor accident I would certainly want a prosethis (spelling?) rather than be bound to a wheelchair. I think this makes me rather different from those who, for whatever reason, want to remove body parts or senses.

And yes, I have met my share of horrible people owing to my deafness too!!

[/B]

What I cant understand is why they are on here in the first place, and if we are being horrible about their condition why would they stick around.......back to my original comment......go find their own website, where they will get all the support they need.

I first heard, or read, about this type of thing a short while ago, I think it was a magazine article about people who wanted limbs removed. I could not then, and still cant now, get my head around why people would want to abuse their bodies in such a way. Compare that with scenes on TV of children with limbs blown off by landmines who would gladly have their limbs back.

Dreama, I do feel sorry for these people, and thank God that I dont suffer from the affliction. I dont think I am being horrible in suggesting that these people seek all the help they can get, either thru the mental health system, councelling, or whatever is available, rather than physically damaging themselves.

As for your question about my CI surgery, hearing is one of the five senses we are normally born with, what I am doing is replacing ,as best medical science can, something that should have been mine by birthright. If I lost a leg in a motor accident I would certainly want a prosethis (spelling?) rather than be bound to a wheelchair. I think this makes me rather different from those who, for whatever reason, want to remove body parts or senses.

And yes, I have met my share of horrible people owing to my deafness too!!

I realize that this was addressed to dreama, but I feel compelled to answer the bolded question.

Coming into a website where they believe they are "being treated horribly" allows them to continue with the internal justification that they are horribly misunderstood and oppressed. Better known as the "poor me syndrome". If you will note, several have stated that their mental health professionals do not understand them, either. Maintaining that facade of everyone else is wrong about this and I am right, no matter how much expertise the other may have, keeps them mired in their illness and gives them an excuse for not putting forth the effort needed for recovery from the illness. It is a vicious cycle. At the root of it is a complete unwillingness to take personal responsibility for oneself. Hence, the obsession with disability.

I can sympathize only in that I have a few quirks that I would like to see justified by lots of eager women. I think I’m entitled to their attention. I’m also working on four or five initials to call my malady (that doesn’t include the word “pervert”).

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I realize that this was addressed to dreama, but I feel compelled to answer the bolded question.

Coming into a website where they believe they are "being treated horribly" allows them to continue with the internal justification that they are horribly misunderstood and oppressed. Better known as the "poor me syndrome". If you will note, several have stated that their mental health professionals do not understand them, either. Maintaining that facade of everyone else is wrong about this and I am right, no matter how much expertise the other may have, keeps them mired in their illness and gives them an excuse for not putting forth the effort needed for recovery from the illness. It is a vicious cycle. At the root of it is a complete unwillingness to take personal responsibility for oneself. Hence, the obsession with disability.

You nailed it there Jillio, maybe its time to close this thread and stop giving them what they obviously crave.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

We could call Chase's problem DOM syndrome (Dirty Old Man).:giggle:

Back