Shrek 3D 3 discs not subtitled. How to ask for swap?

nswilliams

Reaction score
I got 3 DVDs of Shrek part 1 to 3 as part of 3D kit for my TV.

To my surprise, there is no subtitle in the movie. The box says NO SUBTITLE. This is from big movie company Dreamworks.

Have you anyone successfully get the discs replaced with subtitles? If so, tell me how?

Thanks!

How did you get the DVDs in the first place? (Meaning did you get this at a specific store?) I wonder if the store would replace that portion of the 3D kit with those that do have subtitles.

From Bestbuy.

It is part of Samsung 3D starter kit (two 3D glasses, 3 disc collection, and two more free movies mail in).

Since it is Samsung box, I called Samsung for this. They said call Dreamworks. I told them it is Samsung responsibility because it is part of Samsung package.

I don't see any good Dreamworks phone numbers.

Any ideas?

Any chance that it is the 3D movies that don't have subtitles because it's 3D?

Could you possibly return the whole package to Best Buy (others have done so because of something not being subtitled even after it's opened), and perhaps just buy the 3D glasses?

I have seen some 3D movies that have subtitle option on web.

The problem is this DVD collections is part of 3D starter kit which I want to keep two 3D glasses. And it is part of LED TV purchase. I must return whole thing which I do not want.

So who is responsible for DVD swap? I looked at DreamWorks site and they do not have any contact info. Grrr. :mad2:

I'm sorry, I don't know how to help further. I've never bought 3D glasses or 3D movies. I remember long ago I bought DVDs that didn't have subtitles and I returned those for those that did have subtitles. Hopefully others here on this forum have had any kind of similar experience with this that they could help you.

I have seen some 3D movies that have subtitle option on web.

The problem is this DVD collections is part of 3D starter kit which I want to keep two 3D glasses. And it is part of LED TV purchase. I must return whole thing which I do not want.

So who is responsible for DVD swap? I looked at DreamWorks site and they do not have any contact info. Grrr. :mad2:

Frequently Asked Questions | DreamWorks Studios

15. I have a question that is not covered here - who can I contact?
For technical assistance with this website, please email us at websupport@dreamworksstudios.com.

Easy to find.

I don't think any company made any movies with 3D for subtitles before. I think you should return 3D starter kit because there is no such 3D subtitles.

nswillams, the sherk collection in 3D does have subtitles even 3D view. Can you take a pix of your collection disks and case? listen, you have to go to the store where you purchased and exchange it just the package.

nswillams, the sherk collection in 3D does have subtitles even 3D view. Can you take a pix of your collection disks and case? listen, you have to go to the store where you purchased and exchange it just the package.

Do you watch movie with subtitle in 3D before?

I got 3 DVDs of Shrek part 1 to 3 as part of 3D kit for my TV.

To my surprise, there is no subtitle in the movie. The box says NO SUBTITLE. This is from big movie company Dreamworks.

Have you anyone successfully get the discs replaced with subtitles? If so, tell me how?

Thanks!

dude..... it's just a free gift that comes together as a kit. just sell it online and buy a dvd with sub. stop whining :)

dude..... it's just a free gift that comes together as a kit. just sell it online and buy a dvd with sub. stop whining :)
That's not simple. It's an exclusive package means you have to buy samsung 3D HDTV in order to get a free package. That package itself doesn't sell anywhere.

Here's AMAZON customer review list who bought Samsung 3D starter kit. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-P3100M-Megamind-Starter-Kit/dp/B004NIG1SA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]

attachment.php

See link address and read how many star rates as like junk or good (click customer review, part 3).

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-P3100M-Megamind-Starter-Kit/dp/B004NIG1SA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]

Attachments

• 3D.JPG
    3D.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 39
That's not simple. It's an exclusive package means you have to buy samsung 3D HDTV in order to get a free package. That package itself doesn't sell anywhere.

right. it's just a free package. sell it and get another DVD. there will always be some rich idiot who'd want to buy it.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for comments.

Learned that there is no Shrek 3D collection retail yet. So I am stuck with this useless collection. I could try selling them on eBay and wait for retail version.

I decided to buy one 3D movie with subtitles called Xmas Carol. It works beautiful. This is to response to those who thought 3D is impossible to have subtitles. The subtitle is 2D and movie is 3D. No issues.

Back