Rochester, NY-Want to Meet Deaf People

How do you know Love Tiger is named Susan?

love tiger is not named susan. sjoldgirl is named susan. it is in her sig :giggle:

hello to both sjoldgirl and love tiger... :wave:

Love tiger since you are from AZ be prepared to freeze your butt of in Rochester during the winter

Try looking up online for Deaf Chat Coffee and meet there. Almost everywhere you go, you're likely to see a deaf person. So, that shouldn't be a problem for you. :)

I've been here for almost 3 weeks now. I had no luck finding the events, seeing or spot any deaf ppl. Eh...

there is like 50 thousand deaf people in that city. something is going on somewhere

You have "LoveTiger" as your user name.

RIT's mascot is the Tiger. Perfect fit for you. :)

haha! Actually Tiger has been my favorite animals for a long time. =)
If you're currently unemployed, why not get a part-time job at RIT? That will give you a chance to meet the deaf faculty/staff members as well as the deaf students and interpreters around campus. Try NTID (National Technical Institute for the Deaf). :)

Call The Rochester School for the Deaf

Try calling the Rochester School for the Deaf at 544-1240 ask for someone who can refer you to the Deaf Organizations and events in Rochester. Someone there should be able to give you phone numbers or email addresses to try.

I just haven't taken time to do the search yet. The Deaf organizations may be listed online or in the yellow pages of the phone book too. I know lots of activities are going on several times a week.

You could also call the Rochester Institute of Technology where the National Technical Institute for the College is on that campus.

Hope you find some groups to call.

I've been here for almost 3 weeks now. I had no luck finding the events, seeing or spot any deaf ppl. Eh...

Well, I just had a baby and I planned to be stay home mom til he able to communicate and tells me if someone hurts him etc.. Ya know.. I've had bad experience with my older Nephew. He was left w/ diaper rash n bleeding etc when daycare or babysitter didn't change diapers when it need to n abuse etc.. Im kinda paranoid eh... My baby will be 5 mo. old soon. I would work something out like if my bf work fulltime evening to nite time, then I would work in morning part time. We will work something out.. I prefer wait til he's little bit older since Daddy isn't ready due he have not givin' him bath yet, just once, and want him to able to know what to do "Everything" b4 I can leave my baby home alone w/ daddy. Ya know. Right now I don't feel ready. =)

Hi, It's guy. I'm a student of RIT/NTID in Rochester, NY. I'm the person who is looking for ASL off-campus roommate or roommates. If you seek roommate in your apartment or in my apartment, feel free to contact me in my text message: (585) 360-3369

I've also facebook profile. My name is Sartaj Swarup.

How Long at NTID/RIT

H Sartaj,
How long have you been at NTID and how many more years will you be in the area?
We are doing a research project in building 14 across from the Cross Roads. It requires and hour and a half or two. You get paid $25.00 for participating.
Susan :wave:

Hi, It's guy. I'm a student of RIT/NTID in Rochester, NY. I'm the person who is looking for ASL off-campus roommate or roommates. If you seek roommate in your apartment or in my apartment, feel free to contact me in my text message: (585) 360-3369

I've also facebook profile. My name is Sartaj Swarup.

Hi,

Did you ever find some deaf events? I seem to keep too busy with tennis, bicycling, jogging and dancing to take time to search online for deaf events.

Susan :roll:

oh, there was a post here by someone claiming to be a police officer offering 50,000 to each person who got scammed by Nigeria. It was obviously yet another scam but it appears the Mod had removed his post.

oh, there was a post here by someone claiming to be a police officer offering 50,000 to each person who got scammed by Nigeria. It was obviously yet another scam but it appears the Mod had removed his post.

Stands to reason...at least to me...for the mod to have removed your post as well....

Back