Real Life Jobs

Don't forget Quality Assurance Testing (we're always the last and usually the first to get tossed when budget time comes....). I am (or was...?) a QA Tester. All my experience is in mainframe testing though- which I love... I like working with Mainframe and COBOL (no comments about whether it's dying or outlived its usefulness... it's still viable and there are still jobs out there- just a little harder to GET one..sigh..). I'm trying to learn other stuff but due to a few factors (personally...) these days it's getting harder to get a job...

Have you tried looking at some other jobs relating to QA testing? I do know COBOL is one of the oldest programming languages in history of computing. What other stuff you're learning? I do know I.T. industry is improving and growing and needs more people in I.T. and same with people who wants to become a web developer; whether it be front-end, back-end or full stack. I do hope you will find the job you passionately want. I wish you best of luck.

I am currently in the line of deaf support service work for a company that supports individuals who are deaf as well as hearing but with other disabilities such as CP, autism and more.. it can be rewarding at times but also nuts at other times due to crazy and really unbelievable stuff that happens.. so ah..

I'm in Retail, with all the money poured into my entrepreneurial journey. I build niche sites, and market them. I want this company to eventually become a global video game company. But in order to reach that goal, I need to amass enough users in order to establish the company as a trustworthy game developer/publisher.

Yes, I know, Video Games costs a lot of money to make, distribute, and market... But I still love the industry. I love video games with a passion.

Have you tried looking at some other jobs relating to QA testing? I do know COBOL is one of the oldest programming languages in history of computing. What other stuff you're learning? I do know I.T. industry is improving and growing and needs more people in I.T. and same with people who wants to become a web developer; whether it be front-end, back-end or full stack. I do hope you will find the job you passionately want. I wish you best of luck.

Thank you- much appreciated. Yep I have- but because my experience is kind of limited with web based, automated and zero with mobile testing my resume gets kicked to the bottom usually. I was trying to learn the full stack angle (through free code camp) but felt like I was getting overwhelmed with it- had to google more than I could actually remember. I wanted to do some sort of program or school but no money for that (may look into scholarships but usually aren't any geared to business schools or "boot camp" type programs. So.. back to doing freebie online courses with VB.Net etc- which usually are beginner level. Hard to prove to employers with "self study"- It's on my resume but so many of the jobs ask for 3-5 years experience in x,y,z... which i don't have lol.

Thanks again :)

Thank you- much appreciated. Yep I have- but because my experience is kind of limited with web based, automated and zero with mobile testing my resume gets kicked to the bottom usually. I was trying to learn the full stack angle (through free code camp) but felt like I was getting overwhelmed with it- had to google more than I could actually remember. I wanted to do some sort of program or school but no money for that (may look into scholarships but usually aren't any geared to business schools or "boot camp" type programs. So.. back to doing freebie online courses with VB.Net etc- which usually are beginner level. Hard to prove to employers with "self study"- It's on my resume but so many of the jobs ask for 3-5 years experience in x,y,z... which i don't have lol.

Thanks again :)

What about udacity.com? They have full stack training for free. If you want the official cert you have to pay up, but the courses and their materials are 100% free. The videos are captioned usually (and if not YouTube will autocaption). You can take all the tests too.

But here's the real perk. If you pay for the nanodegree, it comes with a 100% job guarantee or money back.

Here's their Full Stack Dev program:

https://www.udacity.com/course/full-stack-web-developer-nanodegree--nd004

Haven't tried there. As mentioned.. I was working on Free Code Camp-- they have a 'guarantee' of getting hired as well- much like the udacity one you mentioned. I don't necessarily believe these claims usually. Though to be fair...the business school I went to all those years ago did have a good hire rate- I was hired 2 months (would have been 1 month) after I finished...but at that time businesses were SCREAMING for IT professionals in mainframe because of the Y2K 'scare' and trying to get all the millions of COBOL code up to date.

So.. going to work on my motivation, confidence whatever and try again. Just hate that so much of what I see feels like it's either over my head or likely might be hard to deal with; mobile programming/testing for one though there are desktop emulators for working with mobile apps so that is a plus... sort of... some are ridiculously slow/laggy.

Hello, I have a deaf massage therust in my spa team. People are having a hard time communicating with her when they are face down. Any suggestions or tips in your experience to help with this?

Haven't tried there. As mentioned.. I was working on Free Code Camp-- they have a 'guarantee' of getting hired as well- much like the udacity one you mentioned. I don't necessarily believe these claims usually. Though to be fair...the business school I went to all those years ago did have a good hire rate- I was hired 2 months (would have been 1 month) after I finished...but at that time businesses were SCREAMING for IT professionals in mainframe because of the Y2K 'scare' and trying to get all the millions of COBOL code up to date.

So.. going to work on my motivation, confidence whatever and try again. Just hate that so much of what I see feels like it's either over my head or likely might be hard to deal with; mobile programming/testing for one though there are desktop emulators for working with mobile apps so that is a plus... sort of... some are ridiculously slow/laggy.
Hi - I am a new graduate and trying to find a job, have a bachelor in science ... any advice .. wanted to start with an online tech support position. I just got the C implants but still working on them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I have a deaf massage therust in my spa team. People are having a hard time communicating with her when they are face down. Any suggestions or tips in your experience to help with this?
I doubt you are around for followup.
Ask your therapist directly and then implement what the two of you work out.

Hey, thanks for your source, it might be useful for me, too, 'cause I've been thinking about this domain

Back