Read and write using SignWriting

PUDL

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with SignWriting?

SignWriting uses hand shape, movement, and facial expression to write signed languages on paper.

You can see an example of SignWriting in my signature. You can also check out PUDL's english text to SignWriting translator

after I look at SignWriting. I really don't understand. I am complete flip out! damn! Sound cool but damn...

The English text to SignWriting is based on a very small dictionary. The translation is not from English to SignWriting.

The translation starts with ASL written in English. Each English word in the dictionary is replaced with SignWriting.

The dictionary will improve over time.

Here is an example I did for Christy on Survivor.

enjoy night for deaf accomplishment
enjoy.gif
night.gif
for.gif
deaf.gif
accomplishment.gif

Last edited:
Originally posted by PUDL
The English text to SignWriting is based on a very small dictionary. The translation is not from English to SignWriting.

The translation starts with ASL written in English. Each English word in the dictionary is replaced with SignWriting.

The dictionary will improve over time.

Here is an example I did for Christy on Survivor.

enjoy night for deaf accomplishment
enjoy.gif
night.gif
for.gif
deaf.gif
accomplishment.gif
Seems way to complicated. I can type it or write it faster than I can even start drawing the 1st picture. :dunno:

Last edited:
I think it looks neat (obviously) but I wouldn't try to write sentences in it. My sig pic is my name in Sign Writing, but that's about as adventurous as I'd get.

WHAT THE WORLD IS THAT?!? I can not think I would try this. I will try when I have free time! :)

Back