Questions about Polyamory

I feel a lot of heart-break and lives destroyed would be the outcome of this. I'm not a fan of it. Then again, whatever floats "your" boat....but it's not for me!....Jealousy is bound to rear it's big green head, sooner or later! Diseases too, along with shattered inner emotions. I could not deal with it never would consider it, and never would accept a partner that does.

So, the point of this thread is: Swingers like to have sex with other partners while thinking about Einstein's theory of relativity, and using Calculus to calculate the longevity of Matajan's upcoming date....am I right?

YOU GOT IT ! Math, sex, matajan... we can all see how those things are inseprable.
Haha

I think I get it but if I'm requested to explain this my brain would explode ;D

Thanks for the explanation. You deserve to be worshipped just cause you actually understand that to perfection lol

I am not trying to dis anyone but her understanding of math is gonna confuse you because she is not explaining it correctly. Here infinity is not bounded because you can always continue to follow that line and it will never hit either axis, just get infinitely closer and you can think of it like this, you could always magnify the view and the lines would be farther apart... no matter how far along you go they will never actually intersect. you could magnify and follow infinitely. They will never touch. So infinty doesn't have a limit. THIS FUNCTION 1/x DOES! Infinity itslef has no limits. Take it from me... the pagan mathematician!

Sheila isn't trying to help or explain she is trying to show off.
Maybe it worked thought right? ;)
I think math is confusing enough for most without trying to mystify and impress people. So I just tell it like it is. Hope that helps iSign.

What version of calculus do you help people with? Single? Multivariable? Know Green's Theorem, especially the relationship between a line integral around a simple closed curve and a double integral over the plane region bounded by the closed curve? Tell me, do you even understand my signature? :) :)
Oh, come on. That's just gratuitous showing off, name-dropping vocabulary words from calculus like that.

If a married couple who practices Polygamy have a successful life-long marriage, what does that mean?

I know of a few couples who have done this and are still married for 30 plus years.

I used to judge people for doing that but as I opened up my mind about people who live different lifestyles and how happy they are, I decided who was I to judge.

They arent robbing banks, murding people, raping children, or commiting financial fraud so I cant complain.

I would rather focus my judgement on people who rape, murder, kidnap, and rob other people.

If a married couple who practices Polygamy have a successful life-long marriage, what does that mean?

I know of a few couples who have done this and are still married for 30 plus years.

I used to judge people for doing that but as I opened up my mind about people who live different lifestyles and how happy they are, I decided who was I to judge.

They arent robbing banks, murding people, raping children, or commiting financial fraud so I cant complain.

I would rather focus my judgement on people who rape, murder, kidnap, and rob other people.

and people who spread HIV and don't wear a condom. Protection is important.

For me, I wouldn't do it and I couldn't live with that.

and people who spread HIV and don't wear a condom. Protection is important.

For me, I wouldn't do it and I couldn't live with that.

When people talk about how marriage is a committment to each other and one is guaranteed from all those by being in a committed relationship, I laugh. My ex hubby cheated on me with another woman without using protection and then had sex with me. I could have gotten STDs without knowing.

If he wanted to sleep with another woman, I would have liked to know so I can take measures to protect myself.

At least with polygamy, they know what each other are doing and can take the necessary precautions.

I learned a very very hard lesson about trusting someone all because we are "married".

I am not trying to dis anyone but her understanding of math is gonna confuse you because she is not explaining it correctly. Here infinity is not bounded because you can always continue to follow that line and it will never hit either axis, just get infinitely closer and you can think of it like this, you could always magnify the view and the lines would be farther apart... no matter how far along you go they will never actually intersect. you could magnify and follow infinitely. They will never touch. So infinty doesn't have a limit. THIS FUNCTION 1/x DOES! Infinity itslef has no limits. Take it from me... the pagan mathematician!

Sheila isn't trying to help or explain she is trying to show off.
Maybe it worked thought right? ;)
I think math is confusing enough for most without trying to mystify and impress people. So I just tell it like it is. Hope that helps iSign.

Well she is an MIT student, so it is probable she a good idea of what she is saying. You would be a little more credible if you had made this statement immediately last night with no time for research.

Well said. I also have no objections to others doing this. It surely does not fit on my "to do" list. I think it is a minefield for most of us. Better to stay clear.

I dont understand math except that 2 plus 2 is 4.

When people talk about how marriage is a committment to each other and one is guaranteed from all those by being in a committed relationship, I laugh. My ex hubby cheated on me with another woman without using protection and then had sex with me. I could have gotten STDs without knowing.

If he wanted to sleep with another woman, I would have liked to know so I can take measures to protect myself.

At least with polygamy, they know what each other are doing and can take the necessary precautions.

I learned a very very hard lesson about trusting someone all because we are "married".

yeah, I do want honesty if he is cheating and I'm more than willing to forgive and forget. But if this the lifestyle my husband want, I still couldn't do it. I will have no choice but let him find a woman who is comfortable with that type of thing.

Well said. I also have no objections to others doing this. It surely does not fit on my "to do" list. I think it is a minefield for most of us. Better to stay clear.[/QUOTE

Relationships are really a minefield, actually. We take risks when we devote ourselves to others. I love my current hubby and everything and I hope he will be honest with me if he does ever stray.

yeah, I do want honesty if he is cheating and I'm more than willing to forgive and forget. But if this the lifestyle my husband want, I still couldn't do it. I will have no choice but let him find a woman who is comfortable with that type of thing.

I couldnt forgive my ex hubby for cheating because he said that it was me that caused him to cheat. Whatever....I said "f*** you a****hole. We are getting divorced."

I can add long strings of numbers in my head, but that is related to eidetic memory. I don't understand any part of math.

:ugh:

I am math disabled...seriously. LOL!

I couldnt forgive my ex hubby for cheating because he said that it was me that caused him to cheat. Whatever....I said "f*** you a****hole. We are getting divorced."
I would say you are not a good candidate for the polygamous lifestyle.

With my ex hubby, no.

My current hubby, there is no jealousy between us. It is nice. :P

He is great to me. Looking back, my ex hubby really treated me like shit.

He is not letting me see my 13 year old daughter for the holidays this year so you can get the idea of how cruel he is to me.

I wouldn't say that. She is just mad at her ex for not being honest, for being unprotected, and later blamed her for the reason why he is cheating.

I wouldn't say that. She is just mad at her ex for not being honest, for being unprotected, and later blamed her for the reason why he is cheating.

That part, I am not mad about anymore.

right now, I am mad at him for taking my daughter away from me to move 3,000 miles away. First court date is this Dec 22nd. That is the worse thing he has ever done to me so the cheating part has been put in the back burner.

However, yes...he did put me at risks for sexually transmitted diseases without my knowledge and that destroyed a lot of my trust in what marriage meant. Oh well.

Back