Questions about Polyamory

Wirelessly posted

sweetangel said:
I am wondering if anyone is doing polyamory lifestyle ? Polyamory involved with a couple that decides to explore to dating with others. I mean anyone that thinks it is okay ? Is there any Deaf polyamory events ? What do u think of this and how do u feel about this ? Share yur thoughts on this . Thanks !

I don't see what's wrong with it. If you want to be in poly relationship, go for it. I visit Poly Groups on deviantART and they love their parthers as long as it is not cheating. Most poly people would rather to know their parthers don't make any secret behind their backs. It is trust, honest, and communication that they want.

So you can go ahead and have some more parthers if you want to! :D

Nein, Ich studiern Deutsch fur funf jahre am Gallaudet Uni. Aber, ich besuchen Deutschland vielen zeit.

Galludet, damn brother... funf!?! and you expect me to keep up with you when I took A semester in Froshmen year of H.S. ? ? Ain't happenen, haha. Especially with Alina sittin' next to me in that class. Ich haben Kine Anung. and I've never been to Germany.
I am infected with something though. It itches inside my brain, the only way to scratch it is to think really hard.. about sandpaper.

:)

Wirelessly posted

I don't see what's wrong with it. If you want to be in poly relationship, go for it. I visit Poly Groups on deviantART and they love their parthers as long as it is not cheating. Most poly people would rather to know their parthers don't make any secret behind their backs. It is trust, honest, and communication that they want.

So you can go ahead and have some more parthers if you want to! :D

Hey I like what you said Karissa, but I really LOVE your picture. I gotta figure out how to upload a pic, so I can be cool like you :(

Wirelessly posted

Look in User CP at upper left on your view.

No problem. :D

Ok ... this thread has prompted me to make a decision ....

If I ever have a daughter, I am going to clean my guns on my front porch when her date arrives :hmm:

Hmmm... Du hast eine gutt point. But if you can't deal with daughters growin' up, don't have 'em. I don't think that's a bad idea tho. I dated a girl who's dad kinda did that, he wasn't on the porch though, in the kitchen and he was cool as hell. Asked me if I'd ever been huntin' and said I should go huntin' with him sometime n stuff. Definitely a cool guy. Not overbearing, just kindly lettin' ya know. People care about this girl .. people with guns! And they were Democrats!

Hmmm... Du hast eine gutt point. But if you can't deal with daughters growin' up, don't have 'em. I don't think that's a bad idea tho. I dated a girl who's dad kinda did that, he wasn't on the porch though, in the kitchen and he was cool as hell. Asked me if I'd ever been huntin' and said I should go huntin' with him sometime n stuff. Definitely a cool guy. Not overbearing, just kindly lettin' ya know. People care about this girl .. people with guns! And they were Democrats!

I don't think I would have a problem with my daughter growing up. I would probably have more problems with the fellas NOT growing up :D

But we never do... do we ? LOL SCHWING (Remember Wayne's world? that was great)

So, the point of this thread is: Swingers like to have sex with other partners while thinking about Einstein's theory of relativity, and using Calculus to calculate the longevity of Matajan's upcoming date....am I right?

I really don't see anything wrong with a couple (married or not) having more than one partner - I'm not sure if it's for me but I do want to have the opportunity if my boyfriend/husband and I want to liven up our relationship. It can be fun as long as everyone is safe.

Let's explain this graphically without bursting your brain :) In this case of convergent infinity:

1overx.gif

If you graph 1/x, notice the two curves? As you go along the positive x-axis, you can imagine the 1/x curve in the first quadrant approaching or getting "closer" towards touching the x-axis as the positive x coordinate values increase to infinity. We say the limit is 0 because 1/x is becoming more like 0 as x increases. Paradoxically, we say the limit is 0, but, theoretically, the 1/x curve never ever touch the y=0 (or x-axis).....because it's is *infinitely* approaching the x-axis.

Divergent is when the values of a function/curve increases without any bound or approaching any value such as the example above. The values becomes infinite :)

Hope this enlightens you, iSign? Let me know if you have questions.

I think I get it but if I'm requested to explain this my brain would explode ;D

Thanks for the explanation. You deserve to be worshipped just cause you actually understand that to perfection lol

I really don't see anything wrong with a couple (married or not) having more than one partner - I'm not sure if it's for me but I do want to have the opportunity if my boyfriend/husband and I want to liven up our relationship. It can be fun as long as everyone is safe.

I don't how people can even think it's OK. It is NOT OK. I thought up another point to make last night. What if children result from one of these encounters? What the heck does one tell that child as they age? Do as I say not as I do?

I mean, come on! You can't possibly think this is OK. There's a million in one reasons as to why it's just not good for someone. Ethics aside.... There is the health issue that's involved here. Practicing safe sex REDUCES your risk of infection but doesn't take that risk to zero. You're risking your health. That's point one.

Then, there's the whole psychological aspect that someone else brought up in the thread. A person doing this must have deep seeded issues. I can think of the inability to commit to someone as a possiblity here. There's also problems in the relationships themselves. I just don't see how this type of openness enhances intimacy. Trust? That's out the window, too.

As I said, I can think of a million reasons as to why this is SO wrong on SO many levels.

I'm not saying its OK on every level. Yes, there are risks involved just like risks involved with everything else, for instance, driving down the street and getting into an accident, that's a risk of driving but we still do it anyway as long as we're CAUTIOUS. Yes, there's a chance that someone can get pregnant or infected with a STD but that's the risk that they chose to take when participating in this type of lifestyle.

I'm not against it and I'm not for it but I'm just saying it's okay for people who CHOSE to participate in polyamory because it's their decision and their life. They're free to do what they want to do.

Just lighten up.

I'm not saying its OK on every level. Yes, there are risks involved just like risks involved with everything else, for instance, driving down the street and getting into an accident, that's a risk of driving but we still do it anyway as long as we're CAUTIOUS. Yes, there's a chance that someone can get pregnant or infected with a STD but that's the risk that they chose to take when participating in this type of lifestyle.

I'm not against it and I'm not for it but I'm just saying it's okay for people who CHOSE to participate in polyamory because it's their decision and their life. They're free to do what they want to do.

Just lighten up.

Just wanted to add a quote that I think is very true.

“Be curious, not judgmental.” by Walt Whitman

Just lighten up.

Just wanted to add a quote that I think is very true.

“Be curious, not judgmental.” by Walt Whitman

I'm fairly liberal and am tolerant of a lot of things. That is, until you start talking about something that is harmful. That's where I draw the line on various practices and activities. There are several ways in which this is harmful to the people that engage in this lifestyle, and there is also harm done to the offspring that result when people in this lifestyle conceive.

I'm far from a prude, but, I do know when something is damaging to the human psyche and physically harmful. This fits right into both. So, I will say this....

Those that choose to do this needs to figure out WHY they feel the need to engage in this behavior, and possibly complicate their life with unplanned pregnancies and such.

As for the quote, in this case, curiousity is best satisfied by NOT engaging in the behavior. You can simply do research to satisfy any curiousity you have.

I always see it as none of my business. Not my place to judge others for doing this. I am with BellaSorria.

agreed!! :ty:

My turn, and I'll try to skip the mathematic formulas and sheepskin showdown stuff...

I find it terrifying to add a few more voices to the Amour Choir. I cannot imagine there would be smooth sailing forever. Perhaps it is a self esteem thing, where either the man or the woman feels more confident if they have several sexual partners. Thing is, if it were an easy thing, there would be far more people doing it. It is not for the regular Joes and Janes. It takes a very special group of people to pull this off without someone getting hurt badly. I would be very careful about jumping into these waters.

Back