Question to the deaf

ImNotDeaf

Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering.
For those who have been deaf all their lives do you know what sound is? do you know how a gunshot sounds or how a human speaks? And one other thing, how do u learn to speak? this is no insult post i was just wondering and it is only for kind and friendly and curiosity purposes :) thanks

They could hear too loud sounds, depends on their ears. I only can hear loud sounds, like gunshot, dog barks, and etc.

coz ive heard that people who are blind don't know how humans look and what colour is. very sad

i wasnt wondering if u could hear a gunshot, i was wondering if u knew how it sounded and how a human speaks

Hi guys I was wondering.
For those who have been deaf all their lives do you know what sound is? do you know how a gunshot sounds or how a human speaks? And one other thing, how do u learn to speak? this is no insult post i was just wondering and it is only for kind and friendly and curiosity purposes :) thanks

welcome and I highly suggest you to explore many threads in this forum to answer your question. The threads in here can provide very rich information for you and yes it is time-consuming. But hey... you spent 4 years and several hundred thousands dollars at college to learn something... you should do same if you want to learn more about deaf culture :cool2: (oh btw - this forum's free :))

If a person has a 100% deaf, he/she will not be able to hear the sounds of people who speaks at all, but if there is a loud noises like gunshots or any loud noises, then the person will probably feel vibrations only at close up to where the sounds are. Most of us feel vibrations when we were in the bars having the music blarely playing so loud that we feel them. No, it is impossible to hear any sounds when you are 100% deaf. :roll:

If a person has a 100% deaf, he/she will not be able to hear the sounds of people who speaks at all, but if there is a loud noises like gunshots or any loud noises, then the person will probably feel vibrations only at close up to where the sounds are. Most of us feel vibrations when we were in the bars having the music blarely playing so loud that we feel them. No, it is impossible to hear any sounds when you are 100% deaf. :roll:

I am with Bebonang, When I have hearing tests, when they reached the loudest low/middle sound.... i didn't hear a thing but smiled because i could feel it... it was deep rumble, It would be same if gunshot went off, it can vibrates through the floor then into you. Same as when i am in room with loud booming music, I would hear nothing of the music but could feel the rhymtic beats. With the differences i probably could identify the different vibration between gunshot/loud music.

Hi guys I was wondering.

may i ask nicely, what is your point for being curious about 100 percent deaf?

I don't think he is asking if a 100% deaf person CAN hear a gunshot, but rather, can he imagine what it is like? Sorta like asking a blind person if he can "see" shapes and colors, like in dreams or whatnot, if he has never seen before.

very sad? why? The blind people would feel very sad for you since you cannot hear wonderful sound like music and your kid's first spoken word.

double standard
Being blonde is far worse than being deaf. You literally have to depend on someone at all times, forever. I'd so much rather be able to drive my children to a basketball game l, and watch them play, than to jist simply hear all the cheers and always have to ask what happened. I have a friend who is 100% deaf, as is both of his parents. I also have a friend that has 3%peripheral vision,(like looking down 2 small straws). He is a chiropractor. My deaf friend, has mega bass system in his car and it's also set to alert on sirens, horns, even his GPS. That being said, if I had to choose one or the other, I'm goin with deaf. Self transportation is a must. I build cars for a living and want to watch my children grow up, nit have then chauffeur me around when they first get their drivers license...

Back