Question about bounce sheet and CI

Pinky

Reaction score
I have question about my clothes with laundry. My audiologist said, "you will not able to use a bounce fabric sheet with clothes in dryer. If you put bounce in the dryer and your shirt on. It will cause static to make implant stop working" is that true??? Do I have to use bounce fabric sheet or not?? Because I have to do laundry for my blanket and sheets tomorrow.

Wow! I don't know what planet your audi is from but that is about one of the most silliest statements I ever heard of.

I've had a CI for > 4 years and my wife uses bounce or whatever the sheet is all during that time. No problem, nothing, nada, zilch.

Static electricity can be a problem but you gotta be working hard on trying to zap your processor. For instance, going down a plastic slide in a playground can be problematical. As long as your head on the implant side doesn't touch or rub down the slide itself, you won't have a problem. In case your processor gets zapped, you just have to get it reprogrammed again. In some cases, maybe you might have a problem with the processor but that probability should be slim to none.

If you have some serious electricity (far beyond static electricity) hit your processor, well yes it will probably be fried and need a new one. At the same time, you may well either be in the hospital or dead.

Last edited:
I have used Bounce sheets too.. also when i feel static or wear nylons/polyester/fleece, i put one in my pocket. If my hair is static i wipe it over my head. It works wonders, I only used it through late autumn, winter and early spring. I don't need them in summer as my clothes are dried outside and i wear mostly cotton.

LOL....you got to be kidding me. The NICEST thing about dryer sheets is that it REDUCES static electricity. I never heard of it causing static electricity. I've heard people put bounce sheets with their CI if they're traveling or need to put CI in a plastic bag or whatever reason, it helps not to wipe the processor. A friend of mine has plastic steering wheel, so she uses the sheets to wipe the wheel from time to time (she had her processor wiped a couple times).

I've used dryer sheets for every single load, and where I live is unbelievably dry...so I'm ALWAYS getting static electricity in the house...and I never had my map wiped. It takes a lot...if you touch telsa coil, then you know you'll be screwed. :)

Back