PS3 wont play DVDs anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tonight I was going to watch a DVD, in the past - my PS3 console plays DVDs fine unless, now, it wont play, nothing displays on my screen, nothing works when I put in my DVD and select the DVD to play from the PS3 menu. Do anyone who owns PS3 have similar problem with this or have a quick solution to fix this?

Tonight I was going to watch a DVD, in the past - my PS3 console plays DVDs fine unless, now, it wont play, nothing displays on my screen, nothing works when I put in my DVD and select the DVD to play from the PS3 menu. Do anyone who owns PS3 have similar problem with this or have a quick solution to fix this?
You make me sooo laugh!!! my stomach is so pain.. I ain't intend to be offensive.. i just laughing so hard..

anyway From what I've heard of this really be severely issues thru PS forums and other fourms.. I can't help you crappy PS3's issues.. HA just kidding, I want to help you out of troubleshoot ... ;) ... have you trying to put Blu-ray dvd game into your ps3 to see if it had same issues like movie dvd can't display on screen?

please let me know how its turn out..

blu ray movies and games works fine

blu ray movies and games works fine
Dude, Oh you mean standard dvd which wont running on your PS3, i am right? If so, I guess Sony is anti-reg dvds.. Ha ..JK...

I am having problem with my PS3 eject button for a while now, it won't eject but can be ejected from the XMB via controller. I called Sony and they were happy to help me and process the troubleshooting solution. Restored my system to default setting and to no avail. They said something was burned inside the hardware that prevent it to eject from the botton and have asked me for the option of 149 to replacement/repair this. Geezz...

I am having problem with my PS3 eject button for a while now, it won't eject but can be ejected from the XMB via controller. I called Sony and they were happy to help me and process the troubleshooting solution. Restored my system to default setting and to no avail. They said something was burned inside the hardware that prevent it to eject from the botton and have asked me for the option of 149 to replacement/repair this. Geezz...

Wow, never happen to Xbox 360 with eject issue, except for RROD and E74.

I think that PSP3 might not work single layer DVD movies. Dual layer DVD movies are working fine with it. You check kind of layer of this DVD movies.

Chevy57, it has nothing to do with the layer of the DVD. Single or Dual, works fine in the past. Just that have an issue with the standard reading of the DVD in my PS3, but blu rays are fine. Just strange...

Chevy57, it has nothing to do with the layer of the DVD. Single or Dual, works fine in the past. Just that have an issue with the standard reading of the DVD in my PS3, but blu rays are fine. Just strange...

All DVD movies won't play on it?

All DVD movies won't play on it?
Any DVD won't play on my PS3. Chevy57, I am not going to asnwer your questions, becuase you do not have PS3, so I am going to ASK people who have PS3 consoles, to share the issues with me. Thank you.

In case if you couldn't find solution so you could call Sony.

It will probably fix or replace under warranty but scary about Sony could trade your PS3 into slim PS3 under warranty, it could happen in anytime.

In case if you couldn't find solution so you could call Sony.

It will probably fix or replace under warranty but scary about Sony could trade your PS3 into slim PS3 under warranty, it could happen in anytime.
If they let me trade under warranty, I'd be happy for the slim one, haha.... whats wrong with it? I better call them soon since the warranty ends in January

This issue has been resolved - I have spoken with the tech respresntative over the phone and thus has been impacted with the DVD upscaling which stopped the DVD playing, it is now fixed now :)

MOD: You can now lock this thread as this has served its purpose. :locked:

Mod note:

Thread locked at creator request. :locked:

This issue has been resolved - I have spoken with the tech respresntative over the phone and thus has been impacted with the DVD upscaling which stopped the DVD playing, it is now fixed now :)

MOD: You can now lock this thread as this has served its purpose. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back