Proof of Deafness for International Travel

adamlogan

Reaction score
Hey all,

I went to France for a month from June to July this year (2011), I went to the major tourist attractions and found out that they have great accommodations for the disabled. Quite a few major tourist attractions will let disabled people in for free. The gotcha is that you need to be a EU citizen, OR have a card of some sort that serves as proof of disability or deafness.

Even though I did not have one, I would show them my hearing aids and they usually let me through, but some places were strict. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a EU thing, or just France? How do I go about getting one of these cards? The convenience of having one of these cards would be great for future trips.

I am currently residing in Salem, Oregon if that helps..

Regards,
~Adam

I've never heard of it being used in the U.S. You probably need to contact France's commission on deaf citizens to get that information.

Hello Everyone, How are you?? Hope you are very well everything .. I am deaf and from From India.. I worked Travel Agency of the Deaf " DEAF TRAVEL INDIA & NEPAL" Traveller deaf will come to India.. you will contact me.. deaftravelindya@gmail.com and Skype : deaftourindia. Facebook : Deaf Travel India & Nepal..

Thank you
Gaurav Arora
(DTIN)

I been to Eygpt, Greece, Turkey, Italy and a few other place no one ever told me about discounts. Thanks for info since France is on my list to travel too.

Back