Pregnant teenagers

I used to teach sex education to deaf youth so I am pretty open minded about it. If one of my daughters become pregnant at age 15, I would be crushed but determined to help her raise the child and allow her to go back to school and finish. Granted, it wont mean that she will have an easy life but she will have plenty of support. *praying that it will NEVER happen*

My mother got pregnant when she was 17 and kept my brother. My younger sister got pregnant when she was 18 and kept her oldest son. Both had a hard time but they will never regret having their loving sons :)

What would I do? I would help her with her baby. I'd talk to my daughter about this issue. She is gonna be 8 in couple of months.

My mom, sister and I were teen preggy. We all had girls.

eternity said:
What would I do? I would help her with her baby. I'd talk to my daughter about this issue. She is gonna be 8 in couple of months.

My mom, sister and I were teen preggy. We all had girls.
Uh oh... :eek: It looks like you've done well with your daughter so I'm sure she will do well in the future!

Vampy.. Im certain that she will do well in the future. She is too smart. I d rather her to concentrate her education first. So she can be prepared to have a better life first then she can find a good man in her life. that is all it matters.

It has nothing to do with intelligence when it comes to getting pregnant....
smart girls as well not so smart girls do get pregnant.......
It is the education that will prevent pregnancies....
Thats why i think sex education in schools are so important...

Meg said:
I used to teach sex education to deaf youth so I am pretty open minded about it. If one of my daughters become pregnant at age 15, I would be crushed but determined to help her raise the child and allow her to go back to school and finish. Granted, it wont mean that she will have an easy life but she will have plenty of support. *praying that it will NEVER happen*

My mother got pregnant when she was 17 and kept my brother. My younger sister got pregnant when she was 18 and kept her oldest son. Both had a hard time but they will never regret having their loving sons :)
Yeah, my mom was preg with me when she was 18. I got preg as well at 18 too with my first son but am glad to have my son in my life..:D the only difference with my mother is she didn't raise me, my grandparents did (my mom's parents)

I watched it in tv's talk about teenagers having babies so young, and I agreed with the tv presenter's saying if her daughter want a puppy so much and she will support her having one but expecting her to take the responsible in cleaning and pick up the poo because she asked for it in first place.

It is same with teenagers's they are responsible to keep the baby if they want to keep.

I watched tv about this teenager's mother moaned that she helps to pay her daughter's nappies because she spent money for herself and want to have a break from baby as she don't realised it is hard work to look after 24 hours and she need space and want to go out for a night clubbing etc!!!!

I support school's sex education on children and inviting former ex students who happen to become teenager mums to give a speech at school why it is not easy to bring up babies and so forth. and some school lend a real life baby doll to take home to give them the experiences about looking after babies etc lol.

^Angel^ said:
Oh Dear, ummm......

I'm not sure what I would say, but to be honest, I'm pretty much glad I don't have a daug....If I do then Malfoyish had said what I would have done ....:mrgreen:

Yes, but little off-topic to say I cannot helping noticed more and more paternal grandparents miss out seeing their grandkids if the parents are seperated/divorced more than maternal grandparents!!

Red~Rum said:
Yes, but little off-topic to say I cannot helping noticed more and more paternal grandparents miss out seeing their grandkids if the parents are seperated/divorced more than maternal grandparents!!

That's depending on the situation, my ex husband's parents are not allow to see my children or allowing to be over the parent's house unless it is approve by the judge himself when my children gets bit old enough make the choice for themselves....

It's kind of a long story and a personal one too....

I think that I will support whatever they decide. I would prefer that they keep the child because I can't imagine that under any circumstances giving your child away for adoption. Abortion is never going to be something I will encourange. It's crazy and ripping apart something the person has. Abortion is a female choice, hopefully for the very right choice--health reasons or rape.

Anyway, I think that would be my choice, but hopefully I talk to my child all the time so that they become wise children. I believe that always bringing up the reasons to wait several times starting in childhood and lots of love and attention from parents is the key to preventing children from becoming adults.

Pregnant

What would your family do if you got pregnant before marriage and didnt marry out of wedlock or didnt get abortion?? My family would disown me they believe the concept about "bastard" children and not to be married is a disgrace the only other way around is to abort the baby and keep the pregnancy a secret.

I am glad this never happens to me but I was wondering, what is your or other family's perspective on it?

Eventhough I'm married now...still, from all the conversations I've had with my parents -- they have told my sister and I that we'd get their full support should one of us fell pregnant and not married, yet, etc.

Not sure if I've ever touched on this...but I was pregnant not too long after I got engaged. The baby was born out of wedlock, but I did end up marrying his father. My family had their reservations, of course...but they've accepted and adjusted. There's nothing else they CAN do to be honest. :dunno:

PurpleRose71 said:
Ermm...it's not a repost -- you actually put in the link which sent me back to the SAME thread in which we are in now.

BabyPhat21 created her own thread "Pregnant" in first place. The Mod. moved her thread to my thread.

Liebling:-))) said:
BabyPhat21 created her own thread "Pregnant" in first place. The Mod. moved her thread to my thread.

Ahh, gotchya! Got me confused here for a second! :P

In my opinion daughter/s should be educated in very begining regarding sex and clearly told her/them, pregancy before the age of 18-19 years shall be dangerous for both mother and child.It is duty of parents to see the actvities of their daughter/s .
:-o :topic:

i got pregnant at age 13 (was raped) had to give up my son after struggling to keep him for several months and now even though i miss him terribly im glad i did that cuz if i didnt... i would have even more worse life than its already is. kids at that age should never get pregnant... i know.. cuz once u get pregnant at so young age the kids will not be nice to you and they will assume you are dirty even their parents will not want their kids to hang with pregnant girl cuz they automaticially assume its the girl's fault cuz she let the guy in her pants which is not always the case... in high school it might be.. but in middle school come on... i dont know any girls who start sexually active on their own. in most of the cases the girls were usually raped, or sexual assulted, or not being respect by older guy.

i got pregnant again very recently ( dec 2003) lost the baby in april 2004 but believe it.. iwas sooo not ready even though i was 22 years old that time.. there was so much things you need to know, so many things u need to change, so much money u need to save... and then after the birth u will need to give up so much of your time for the kid... and i wasnt ready for it.. i definitely learn my lesson big time.. (i planned to keep the kid even though i wasnt ready, and i was very prepared to do ANYTHING so kid would have a good life)

you know waht is funny? i had many sex education through the school life... but none of them has prepared me for the reality of actually being pregnant. NONE! i think they need to improve that... instead of focusing so much on how to use condoms.. they need to have children to experience a little at least a taste of what is it actually is like to take care of a kid.. and no.. eggs wont do the trick.. they will need lifelike doll baby. LOL they will need to know how much work it is.. and how much they will have to give up, and how to handle a baby...

the baby is fun when its not yours to start with.. im not saying babies are just a bunch of responsibility.. they are family and its your responsibile to raise them right... they do need a lot of love.. but love itself doesnt feed babies.. ya know? i truly believe the rewards of watching them grow is wonderful but only when ur ready to give that child everything it needs. otherwise you and the child wont be happy ....

(thats why i took birth control.. i want to be completely ready to be a mother)

im really sad to hear about kids being parents at so young age. and most of time they dont even know how to deal with it.

I saw a show recently called The Outer Limits and it was very interesting. They had these criminals put in this special chair. Once they're seated and hooked up, they will begin to experience dreams that seem very real. The more serious and guilty that criminal is, the longer and more torturing the dream gets. For instance, if a criminal was quilty of murder... the dream would seem to last almost a lifetime. However, it only lasts seconds to moments.

Now, suppose this was to be applied to these teenagers during sex education. Each session only lasts 5 seconds, but every teenage student that goes through it experiences 1 year of being pregnant. Once they wake up, they will realize how serious it is and think twice before fucking up.

Back