Post your gas prices Part II

$1.71 :)

$1.71/gal. last night when we filled up the Jeep.

It has varied between $1.80 and $1.99 for the past two weeks or so. Yesterday's (when I filled up) was $1.94.

That's remind of 80s oil glut - it was $30 in 1985 to just $10 in 1986.

Not brilliant for oil shale industries - they need high oil price to be productive.

I support oil shale in US but most customers don't want to pay high gas price.

On top of that, China economy is going crash, meaning less demand for oil from China which will end up more supply on oil available, and those who owes bank over oil will lose them to the banks, and the banks is gonna stuck with this mess and would do anything to get rid of them because Banks aren't in oil business and knows nothing about oil.

This is one of consequences from high oil prices back then.

On top of that, China economy is going crash, meaning less demand for oil from China which will end up more supply on oil available, and those who owes bank over oil will lose them to the banks, and the banks is gonna stuck with this mess and would do anything to get rid of them because Banks aren't in oil business and knows nothing about oil.

This is one of consequences from high oil prices back then.

Just curious, what you think about oil shale? They created a lot of good paying jobs.

Cheapest from Safeway $2.25

AM PM Arco Regular was $2.14 but right across the street at Chevron $2.74

Ran into something odd... One end of town vs the other has always been a bit different but recently that divide has gotten much larger... $2.00/$1.60... Such difference seems mind boggling...

Ran into something odd... One end of town vs the other has always been a bit different but recently that divide has gotten much larger... $2.00/$1.60... Such difference seems mind boggling...

That's a 40 cent difference between the ends of town. How many miles is this? If you were to buy 20 gallons, that's a savings of $8.00, isn't it? Depending on what you drive and how far apart these two extremes are, it may or may not be worth the effort to drive to the lower priced place.....

Sometimes it depends on how close the station is to the interstate highway. They catch the long-distance travelers who don't want to go far from the exit for their gas.

That's a 40 cent difference between the ends of town. How many miles is this? If you were to buy 20 gallons, that's a savings of $8.00, isn't it? Depending on what you drive and how far apart these two extremes are, it may or may not be worth the effort to drive to the lower priced place.....

Agreed, but how many people will drive 30 mins to save it...

Sometimes it depends on how close the station is to the interstate highway. They catch the long-distance travelers who don't want to go far from the exit for their gas.

True... I do wonder how much control competition has... I know there are many factors that set the difference... But generally not so large of one... But it is Christmas time and people are on the roads more... How this is not price gouging is beyond me...

True... I do wonder how much control competition has... I know there are many factors that set the difference... But generally not so large of one... But it is Christmas time and people are on the roads more... How this is not price gouging is beyond me...
Price gouging usually refers to prices on essentials that are unreasonably hiked up following a crisis such as a hurricane or civil strife. The other element required is that there is no alternative source for the product. In other words, the consumer either has to pay the hiked up price or do without a necessity in an emergency.

Price gouging usually refers to prices on essentials that are unreasonably hiked up following a crisis such as a hurricane or civil strife. The other element required is that there is no alternative source for the product. In other words, the consumer either has to pay the hiked up price or do without a necessity in an emergency.

Yes and I can agree with that.. But there are many variables for the cost...

Yes and I can agree with that.. But there are many variables for the cost...

I also think it has to do with when the gas station buys it's gas from the supplier. Station A might have bought his gas on Monday at $$$ while Station B bought is on Tuesday at $$ after the price dropped, even if from the same supplier.

But what Reba says is also true - being near an interstate. And those gas stations at rest areas on interstates are always higher. I think that's as much to do with how much they (the stations) pay to be at those location as well as "captive" audience.

Back