Picture of your wound

kokonut

Reaction score
We have them...those "war wounds" of ours where we'd sometime show it off to other people. I have a few but will show this one that happened several years ago.

mikecut17fd.jpg

Aikido martial arts training in a knife fight (knife take-away for advanced students). Me...no knife...the other guy? An 8 inch knife coming after me repeatedly during various practice rounds. A slightly misplaced hand when I side-stepped the knife plunge. Oh well...myself, my instructor and another student had a big laugh at the hospital standing there yakking away next to a nurse who stitched me up. No pain at all. The cut actually followed perfectly along the crease of my lower right corner of my left palm. Looking at it today one couldn't tell it was a knife scar unless you look very close.

Blame this thread on Sonocativo. He had to show his "war wound" of a wounded finger in his "Hopefull" house renovation thread. :lol:

:laugh2:

Personally scars have never bothered me, even before medical. All scars tell a story... hopefully for most a memorable cool one or something. :dunno2:

I know I have quite the scar on my underarm where I decided to have a "weeeee bit too much tequila" and jumped off of my friends roof with an umbrella attempting to hover into the neighbors pool. Needless to say, I missed the pool and the umbrella failed me. I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box when I was a teenager... :laugh2: Always makes for a good drinking story though... :doh:

Looks like you got off relatively easy for a knife fight. :)

Personally scars have never bothered me, even before medical. All scars tell a story... hopefully for most a memorable cool one or something. :dunno2:

I know I have quite the scar on my underarm where I decided to have a "weeeee bit too much tequila" and jumped off of my friends roof with an umbrella attempting to hover into the neighbors pool. Needless to say, I missed the pool and the umbrella failed me. I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box when I was a teenager... :laugh2: Always makes for a good drinking story though... :doh:

Well, I was thrown completely into a wall and broke through it. I thought it was neat when I came out relatively unscathed. Getting hit in the head isn't a lot of fun. Got a few knots as a result. No pain...no gain.

Well, I was thrown completely into a wall and broke through it. I thought it was neat when I came out relatively unscathed. Getting hit in the head isn't a lot of fun. Got a few knots as a result. No pain...no gain.

Oh I know what you mean... Unfortunately I've had a few blows to the head. Most recently being passenger on my friends motorcycle, and falling off when she pulled into a dirt road. Bike dumped, we went with it. Lucky for me I wear helmets, but I will tell you... that helmet doesn't stop the headache! :ugh: Few scrapes, nothing damaging to me or her thankfully. The bike, well that's a pretty bad scratch on her fender and a missing front break lever... :ugh: Not to mention having to buy a new helmet... :mad:

I'm always impressed with peoples lack of injuries! Sometimes, you think someone's going to be super messed up and comes out with no injuries. People are resilient when they want to be. :) Definitely glad it wasn't any worse for you, sounds like it could have been a nightmare! :Ohno:

I loved learning Aikido when I was in martial arts but i was never brave enough to use a real knife. What's the name of your dojo?

Surgeries on both my ears (4) on each....have left so much scar tissue and long scars...plus the big holes are not too pleasant to look at...have some on my arms also defending myself (knife)....

I had my middle finger on my right hand sewn back on. We had a toy box that had a very heavy wooden lid and my older sister was holding it open for me while I was looking for a toy. I was 4 yo and did not have a hearing aid yet and did not hear my sister tell me it was getting to heavy and she was going to drop the lid and bang right on finger. I also have chip on my collar bone from when I was run over by a car .

Try hitting your head on a concrete sidewalk and getting knocked out. Yeah that happened to me-- 17 years ago in 1996. That's why I wear a bicycle helmet when I ride my bicycle.

I've done far worse than hitting my head on some concrete, I assure you. I have been hit on a motorcycle with no helmet. ( Lower speeds thankfully a few years back ) That was the lesson I needed to start always wearing a helmet anytime I ride. I'd have killed to have done it on a bicycle.

I've done far worse than hitting my head on some concrete, I assure you. I have been hit on a motorcycle with no helmet. ( Lower speeds thankfully a few years back ) That was the lesson I needed to start always wearing a helmet anytime I ride. I'd have killed to have done it on a bicycle.

Yeah, well. The headaches was something I've could've done without-- until the town's volunteer fire department went roaring by with sirens blaring at 11 at night and knocked me senseless. Turned out there was a fire down the street.

Back