Photo of the Day

LOL!! No!! It was capured by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope.
Well, you got me there! I love space. That photo shows many galaxies. From what I gather, each galaxy has 100 billion stars. And there is 100 billion galaxies in the sky. Mind Blown! Just for fun: the Pillars of Creation is 3 light years tall. One light year = about 10 trillion miles. 3 light years = 30 trillion miles. BOOM! (sorry, I got carried away!)

Pillars of Creation

NASA-Pillars-of-Creation-Destruction-2015.jpg

Well, you got me there! I love space. That photo shows many galaxies. From what I gather, each galaxy has 100 billion stars. And there is 100 billion galaxies in the sky. Mind Blown! Just for fun: the Pillars of Creation is 3 light years tall. One light year = about 10 trillion miles. 3 light years = 30 trillion miles. BOOM! (sorry, I got carried away!)
I'm with you brother. I am fascinated by it too.
upload_2017-5-25_17-0-43.png

Last edited:
SUNRISE AT REFLECTION LAKE NEAR MT. RAINIER.

sunrise-at-reflection-lake-near-mt-rainier--768x432.jpg

CAMPOS LAVANDA GUADALAJARA, SPAIN BY JAVIER DE LA TORRE.

campos-lavanda-guadalajara-spain-by-javier-de-la-torre--768x380.jpg

FLATIRON FOOTBALL SUNSET

As the University of Colorado Buffaloes play on their football field, the setting sun lights up the scene outside the stadium.

27165.ngsversion.1492819214831.adapt.676.1.jpg

SEATTLE MOONRISE

For Seattle native and Your Shot photographer Tim Durkan, photographing the city's iconic Space Needle never gets old. And last summer, Durkan was in the right place at the right time to capture this shot. "The full moon rose just after sunset," he remembers, "and took on quite the moody appearance behind some clouds."

PHOTOGRAPH BY TIM DURKAN, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

fQYSUbVfts-T7odkrFJckdiFeHvab0GWOfzhj7tYdC0uglagsDNeYU9eN3hD897ai5RacYkBKM5elobu1RMYsOdrZ30rsOhzN2dNR7ZsdtU-JtQClLkb7sKXBjGQL-uFHr05F6SYUpQwZ5_rLWavnzxOPmu7h0i5uP_Haz_DyZR7V5L0bP6sp8mOSIhBn1DidbiGhbnQwJIPT9u9j0exk-r7nCOAaw

Back