Outlook

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm kind of new to Microsoft's Outlook email client. I'm used to Outlook Express, so please bear with me if you find my question stupid. :lol:

Anyway, I don't know if this can be done, but I'm trying to set Outlook to automatically download e-mails that have been recently sent, instead of having to click on Send/Receive. If this possible? If so, can you please tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

hey alex i don t think it;s a good idea to download automatically cuz what if there's virus in it??:confused:

Well, I have an anti-virus software installed, and I'll make sure Outlook has the download attachment feature disabled. I just want to have e-mails downloaded to my computer automatically right after it touches base with my server.

Tools>Opitions>General>Send/Receive Messages
Check all and change from # to 1 minute.

yea.. i should have known that u would have a program to prevent the virus attacking ur comp. cuz ur an expert on it..:doh: maybe someone else could help ya

Sure, I'll try that, Kevbo. Thanks you two for helping me out here, I appreciate it. :)

Originally posted by John
hey alex i don t think it;s a good idea to download automatically cuz what if there's virus in it??:confused:

Not unless he click the email to open, then it will possible to kill the computer.

Usually, we find odd about email and delete or put it away.

Originally posted by Alex
Ok, I'm kind of new to Microsoft's Outlook email client. I'm used to Outlook Express, so please bear with me if you find my question stupid. :lol:

Anyway, I don't know if this can be done, but I'm trying to set Outlook to automatically download e-mails that have been recently sent, instead of having to click on Send/Receive. If this possible? If so, can you please tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

At the most of time, I notice that Outlook been use standard setup as auto-receive, so you shouldn't have problem with that. Unless you want to change minutes like Kevbo mention that one.

Back