Our new family member

Bottesini

Old Deaf Ranter
Premium Member
Reaction score
25qzrpw.jpg

This is Bebe, who joined our family 12 days ago. She was a gift from my daughter after our Pekingese Joey died, which was an incredibly traumatic event.

Bebe is a ten week old Siberian Forest Cat.

Our lives got happier again. She is completely settled in, both the remaining dogs adore her. She makes us all laugh.

Thanks. :) I'll probably sound too much like a proud mother, but she is very intelligent too.

:D she is soooo precious! I bet her antics are fun! How did you learn of the breed?

Botti's news made me go Google more about that breed of cat and I found this cute little clip of two young Siberian kittens playing, on a breeder's site:
http://www.lowallergencats.com/

if you scroll down a bit on that page you can find it

:D she is soooo precious! I bet her antics are fun! How did you learn of the breed?

I didn't . I have really bad asthma, and really didn't consider having a cat.

I wasn't going to get another pet at all after Joey died. My heart is really broken.

My daughter researched hypoallergenic cats and and she got it for me.

It's a really good animal. I'm not allergic to it.

As for fun antics, she's non stop. She loves the dogs, and they love her too.

It's fun to watch the two girl dogs gang up and kiss her at the same time. She actually eats up all their attention. She also copies what they do. When she grows up, she may be bigger than them.

She really does add interest to our family.

(And apparently, really is my word of the day,)

Last edited:
Oh I see. I have asthma <though probably not really bad> too.

I never heard of them before. sorry - now I recall reading how your daughter got her for you. I'm glad you're ok with the kitty.

I feel very sad with you about Joey:aw:

"lively" would probably be a good description of your household about now.
cool that she copies what the dogs do. I read about how dog-like they are on that site I referred to in my previous post with the link.

we have a "shelter cat" where I volunteer who is a male orange tabby.. He likes to lounge around in the hallway, will flop over in tables and stay there while you move the table, and can be seen actually laying on his back in the midst of activity.

He is very patient with the dogs. Recently we had meeting of the volunteer training and behavioral group I'm part of and part of the meeting involved a discussion about the equipment we use with the puppies, so we had a demo of the items and a puppy to explore them. The shelter cat was in the room exploring the items with the puppy and let her <the puppy- young brindle Mastiff-mix type female pup> smell his <the cat's> butt and follow him around; the cat hid behind the puppy items and stalked and playfully pounced on the puppy and played with the leash the pup dragged around.
The puppy play-bowed to the cat, it was really <guess we're thinking of the same word> fun to watch, especially the different ways they communicated. so i can picture it at your house!

Oh I see. I have asthma <though probably not really bad> too.

I never heard of them before. sorry - now I recall reading how your daughter got her for you. I'm glad you're ok with the kitty.

I feel very sad with you about Joey:aw:

"lively" would probably be a good description of your household about now.
cool that she copies what the dogs do. I read about how dog-like they are on that site I referred to in my previous post with the link.

we have a "shelter cat" where I volunteer who is a male orange tabby.. He likes to lounge around in the hallway, will flop over in tables and stay there while you move the table, and can be seen actually laying on his back in the midst of activity.

He is very patient with the dogs. Recently we had meeting of the volunteer training and behavioral group I'm part of and part of the meeting involved a discussion about the equipment we use with the puppies, so we had a demo of the items and a puppy to explore them. The shelter cat was in the room exploring the items with the puppy and let her <the puppy- young brindle Mastiff-mix type female pup> smell his <the cat's> butt and follow him around; the cat hid behind the puppy items and stalked and playfully pounced on the puppy and played with the leash the pup dragged around.
The puppy play-bowed to the cat, it was really <guess we're thinking of the same word> fun to watch, especially the different ways they communicated. so i can picture it at your house!

Our youngest dog gets really excited when Bebe makes playful overtures and will lay on her side to be more the same size. There is still a little competition for my attention though. Bebe was sitting on the footrest of my chair, and Zoey sat down right on top of her, and it was difficult to get her to move. I was afraid the kitten would be crushed but she was fine.

oops...sorry...double post up there

but that is cute about your youngest dog and the kitten. And it helps that puppies and kittens are very resiliently "squish-able". My girls also vie for attention at times and sometimes one will attempt to sit on the other as we're all trying to arrange for space on the couch.

Back