Otto warmbier dies after suffering extensive brain damage during north korea imprisonment

God be with him and his poor family...what a horrible thing that the last face and voice he heard were those cruel bastards....

Laura

His parents would sued North Korea!

Good luck, NK is very poor country and they are unlikely to payout for lawsuit, but they will likely to slapped with more sanction or declare the war by our president.

Otto Warmbier Dies After Suffering Extensive Brain Damage During North Korea Imprisonment: ‘He Was at Peace,’ Says Family
http://people.com/human-interest/otto-warmbier-dies-north-korea-imprisonment/

His parents would sued North Korea!
There is no real way to sue North Korea since they have no holdings in the US to go after to satisfy the judgement should they win the suit. The best avenue would probably be to go through the UN and get further sanctions against the country and if the wacko leader of the country is ever removed from office then put him on trial for crimes against humanity and then put him to death!

It made me very angry and sad that the young man was beaten to deaf over a damn poster !

No one should travel to NK because they are extremely brutal country, even you could be killed in minutes or days.

NK isn't safe place for everyone, even same with Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Afghanistan.

You likely to return to US alive and good health condition if you travel to Cuba, beside vaccination recommended prior to traveling.

The brain damage from oxygen deprivation seems like waterboarding or something that make unable to breath, even they could torture by give a high dose of opioid and Xanax to shut the lung down, turned into coma.

It made me very angry and sad that the young man was beaten to death over a damn poster !

It is sad and sickening... but he was in THEIR country so should behave as such as many times you would not know all the rules and laws of that country- in short- don't be an "Ugly American". I don't entirely blame the victim as the tactics used by the North Koreans is horrifying enough.

I'm actually a little surprised he was even in the country- I had thought that NK banned any tourists/travelers... maybe I'm misremembering that.

Back