Old Flames on Social Networking Sites

deafbajagal

Reaction score
Suppose you found out that your spouse had someone on his/her list on a social networking site that you learned to be someone s/he slept with in the past.

How would you feel about it?

I would talk to my hubby and then go from there. We are really open with each other but it would be kinda awkward.

yeah I Notice it It is very pretty many social network!

The "found out" part makes it sound as if the spouse is hiding something. That doesn't say much for mutual trust.

Really depends on a lot of things - how long ago their relationship was, whether the old flame is part of your general social circles, whether you two as a couple are friends with old flame and O.F.'s spouse/significant other, what kind of a break-up it was between them, etc., etc.

The "found out" part makes it sound as if the spouse is hiding something. That doesn't say much for mutual trust.

Really depends on a lot of things - how long ago their relationship was, whether the old flame is part of your general social circles, whether you two as a couple are friends with old flame and O.F.'s spouse/significant other, what kind of a break-up it was between them, etc., etc.

that is true personal!

If this was just a "friend" on facebook, I would not worry too much. Some people just add everyone they know to their friend list on facebook. I do think that facebook is overrated.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I've been married forever, so female fb friends don't bother me.

If this was just a "friend" on facebook, I would not worry too much. Some people just add everyone they know to their friend list on facebook. I do think that facebook is overrated.

Not neccesary, the most important tools is have an honest relationship. If someone asked me to be her friend that I used to slept with her in the past, I immediately asked my spouse if that is ok with it and I will tell her that I slept with her in the past. Sometime you may get suprise of "WHY?" she want me to be her friend again... sometime she may miss our old flame, or she have a reason behind it. It's little tacky, so I usually let it go and not invited her in because it's more peaceful between my spouse and me.

I'm sure you heard it many times that Facebook increase the divorce rate.

Back