Oh My, Pogs!

freckles

Reaction score
I was just looking into my boxes I've NOT opened in 10+ years... :o with all movings, just had to leave them at my parent's garage - most of my childhood stuff. anyway, I found over 1,000+ pogs and several slammers I collected I have had forgotten about!! oh my, brings a lot of fun/ny memories... :)

anyone know what they are, or have played pogs before? wouldn't mind playing them again! oh boy.

for those who don't know - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfVJ4DpRX1w&feature=related[/ame]

Yep I still saved all of my pogs and my slammers :lol: Im never giving that one up. I plan to teach my kids how to play it someday

cool. I have never tried this one or heard of it before. I wonder if they still make it today? id like to buy one for my kids.

Interesting. I've never seen them before.

They were quite popular back in the 90s, and I believe they were also popular back in the 40s and 50s.
I looked it up. They were popular in Hawaii since the 1920's but they weren't brought to the Mainland until the 1990's. Somehow I missed that craze. :lol:

I looked it up. They were popular in Hawaii since the 1920's but they weren't brought to the Mainland until the 1990's. Somehow I missed that craze. :lol:

I wasn't sure what decade it was popular in, but yes, the 1920s. They used the milk caps for it.

I wasn't sure what decade it was popular in, but yes, the 1920s. They used the milk caps for it.
I remember the milk caps (and glass bottles) but we didn't play games with them (once they were used they were bent up and sticky).

The Roaring Twenties were before my time. :giggle:

i used to make custom slammers from all sorts of metal and sold them for good coin when I was in highschool

[gasp] I LOVE playing them all the time when i was in middle school!!!!!

i mean, i play them EVERYDAY with friends, i love to win some slammers because its game, lol. even trading pogs too!!

MAN!! thank you, freckles for bring this so memories!! i gotta to find pogs in those days in stores IF i can find.

Ebay, i know.. but in stores?!?!

Oh that totally brings back the memories! I used to collect them and play with them when I was a kid. I think I still have them somewhere in the boxes at my parents house.

Cool! I have to say that I have never heard of pogs! :shock:

I have never heard of them. Don't see the purpose, but that's me.

cool. I have never tried this one or heard of it before. I wonder if they still make it today? id like to buy one for my kids.
nooo idea if they still are made? but I do have plenty for you if you want some.. plenty of animals ones too. :thumb: I think I'll still have enough for me and my son! I see a lot here -- at ebay.

it's fun game, you slam the pogs to face them up and grab them. if you don't, it's other player's turn. who has most pogs in end, wins.

I know!!! eh norcal??! oh old old times... :)

nooo idea if they still are made? but I do have plenty for you if you want some.. plenty of animals ones too. :thumb: I think I'll still have enough for me and my son! I see a lot here -- at ebay.

it's fun game, you slam the pogs to face them up and grab them. if you don't, it's other player's turn. who has most pogs in end, wins.

I know!!! eh norcal??! oh old old times... :)

HEY! i do play them.. it was totally fun when i get MORE pogs from fellas...:laugh2:

Back