nVidia's Android Tablet pawned IPAD!

XBGMER

Reaction score
nvidiatab3.jpg

A rounded, plasticky take on the iPad. That's how Nvidia's latest Android tablet prototype struck me. It's pretty nice.

Inside this 8.9-inch tablet, you see, is Nvidia's Tegra 2, the heart of which is a dual core ARM Cortex A9—a chip that's a generation ahead of the silicon the iPad's A4 is based on—meaning this thing will zooooom. It's also got a gig of RAM (the iPad's biggest technical limitation now is its puny amount of RAM), two USB ports, and a front-facing camera.

More Infomation-HERE

Wow, I have seeing more and more Touchscreen's HIGH-TECH in 21th Century..

Oy!! That's Evil of all pads!! I bet iPad would be looking really bad. I would love powerful Nvidia Pad with Android. I wonder how much it would be!

Catty

ipad-game.jpg

iPad can do game too. Sad, nVida's Android do not have multitouchness. I bet nVidia's Android Tablet's battery life last 3 hours or less.

ipad-game.jpg

iPad can do game too. Sad, nVida's Android do not have multitouchness. I bet nVidia's Android Tablet's battery life last 3 hours or less.

Android is proud to have Flash player and make tablet much less 2 hours of battery juice. REALLY SAD

nvidiatab3.jpg

Wow, I have seeing more and more Touchscreen's HIGH-TECH in 21th Century..

I laugh when I see posts like this :) It's just a prototype and yet it owns something thats already in the market :laugh2:. I'll believe it when I see it.

nVidia pad-

Custom (open source)
USB
SDHC
Camera
Video
Flash 10.1 support
HDMI
Tether
Froyo

Ipad- ZERO and closed source, (sorry ipad users)
thats simple..

Hate to say, Apple made a smart move to get away from flash because of buggy and drain the battery.

The flash on my Android phone is buggy as well.

HDMI? not impressed.

I have always found the little juvenile and immature at times such as when he calls posters idiots, stupid, or w/e. disgusting! it is very amazing how Moderator allow rhetoric is spewed at forum in such an attacking and insulting manner. But I always just ignored it, avoid to reply his troll post, and sifted through it looking for news, feedbacks and info even though the childish insults seem to keep happening way too often than once.

Hate to say, Apple made a smart move to get away from flash because of buggy and drain the battery.

The flash on my Android phone is buggy as well.

HDMI? not impressed.
Dude, scratch my head, *perplexity wondering* .. I was thought apple's iphone/ itouch's browser is king?! thats what I hear from another forums of some who are (iphone/ itouch users)'s comments.. Must prove me if iphone, itouch, ipad can runs flash as smooth without buggy. I will known that apple's iphone/ ipad's browser is CROWN above all mobiles. unfortunately, apple is not smart move.. apple is minic and pretending engineer, not even inventor... touchscreen stylus was first maker (ipaq, WM, others) before iphone with friendly fingers released..

You say the flash on your ADROID phone is buggy. (*perplex*- when you have flash on droid? and what's version of flash runs your adroid? Because Flash didn't release yet. I might be behind from this.) Well, its not new.. I've heard some people say android os need patches, due bugs and others. Google really try to work out with Linux, they aren't friendly & loyal to andriod (dont ask nor why). since android is no longer relationship with linux, and Google created android's code as own. but Now Google need some codes from linux for andriod.

Did you know that can also download the source, create your own Android, fix & terminate some bugs (if you can), and put that on the phone. Now Any company do that too.

HDMI is very awesome, *MUST HAVE*, IMO..

I have always found the little juvenile and immature at times such as when he calls posters idiots, stupid, or w/e. disgusting! it is very amazing how Moderator allow rhetoric is spewed at forum in such an attacking and insulting manner. But I always just ignored it, avoid to reply his troll post, and sifted through it looking for news, feedbacks and info even though the childish insults seem to keep happening way too often than once.

Dude, scratch my head, *perplexity wondering* .. I was thought apple's iphone/ itouch's browser is king?! thats what I hear from another forums of some who are (iphone/ itouch users)'s comments..

You say the flash on your ADROID phone is buggy. (*perplex*- when you have flash on droid? and what's version of flash runs your adroid? Because Flash didn't release yet. I might be behind from this.) Well, its not new.. I've heard some people say android os need patches, due bugs and others. Google really try to work out with Linux, they aren't friendly & loyal to andriod (dont ask nor why). since android is no longer relationship with linux, and Google created android's code as own. but Now Google need some codes from linux for andriod.

Did you know that can also download the source, create your own Android, fix & terminate some bugs (if you can), and put that on the phone. Now Any company do that too.

HDMI is very awesome, *MUST HAVE*, IMO..

It was Skyfire browser that where support flash video but very buggy and drain alot of batteries so I have avoid it.

The full flash support will applies to high-end Android phones but low-end phones will have flash lite that isn't wonderful.
Flash on Android limited to high-end Android phones

Have you heard about HTML5? HTML5 is better performance and less power consumption than Adobe Flash 10.1 when release at final, that what iPad supports HTML5.

There is some buggy on Android, especially multi-gesture on browser is sluggish when you try to scroll down or up so quickly, it does mess the zoom up. I can't disable multi-gesture on browser option.

I have mixed feeling about HDMI because they are digital and capable to have strict DRM in near future. I'm anti-DRM, of course and want copy the video for personal use since MPAA against it.

Apple has hard time with Adobe because flash on Mac isn't stable as PC does. I found a buggy about flash is some youtube video got crippled and lost the buffer so I had refresh it but never happen with HTML5.

I actually forget to add some clips-

[yt]2McPMFE1F4A[/yt]

[yt]LTFzRsCj-bg[/yt]

http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/05/nvidiatab_6.jpg

Where did you get a info?
I don't see any SDHC and HDMI.

Quit troll.

Again, I said where did you get a info?

My question was not even insult.

Which part you don't understand?

It was Skyfire browser that where support flash video but very buggy and drain alot of batteries so I have avoid it.

The full flash support will applies to high-end Android phones but low-end phones will have flash lite that isn't wonderful.

Have you heard about HTML5? HTML5 is better performance and less power consumption than Adobe Flash 10.1 when release at final, that what iPad supports HTML5.

There is some buggy on Android, especially multi-gesture on browser is sluggish when you try to scroll down or up so quickly, it does mess the zoom up. I can't disable multi-gesture on browser option.

I have mixed feeling about HDMI because they are digital and capable to have strict DRM in near future. I'm anti-DRM, of course and want copy the video for personal use since MPAA against it.

Apple has hard time with Adobe because flash on Mac isn't stable as PC does. I found a buggy about flash is some youtube video got crippled and lost the buffer so I had refresh it but never happen with HTML5.

Agreed!

HTML5 vs. Flash: The Video Benchmark Deathmatch

Not just OSX but HTML5 is less stress on CPU than Flash for Windows.

Less stress cpu = less heat and long battery life for laptop.

1) It was Skyfire browser that where support flash video but very buggy and drain alot of batteries so I have avoid it.

2) The full flash support will applies to high-end Android phones but low-end phones will have flash lite that isn't wonderful.

3) Have you heard about HTML5? HTML5 is better performance and less power consumption than Adobe Flash 10.1 when release at final, that what iPad supports HTML5.

4) There is some buggy on Android, especially multi-gesture on browser is sluggish when you try to scroll down or up so quickly, it does mess the zoom up. I can't disable multi-gesture on browser option.

5) I have mixed feeling about HDMI because they are digital and capable to have strict DRM in near future. I'm anti-DRM, of course and want copy the video for personal use since MPAA against it.

6) Apple has hard time with Adobe because flash on Mac isn't stable as PC does. I found a buggy about flash is some youtube video got crippled and lost the buffer so I had refresh it but never happen with HTML5.
Foxarc, sorry take a long to response your post back.. I was ran many errands!, ahh

1) I haven't hear about *name* skyfire... Yeah, I get you-- I do understanding what you are talking about.. Youtube or movie run my (previous) BB's battery was drain quickly.

2) Yes I had read it in few days ago before you post this.. :P

3) I honest with you, I know nothing about html 5 or w/e.. I will study and learn about it sooner or later. but thank you for some explain of html 5.. I really appreciated it. ;)

4) Remember that I haven't own android device.. (however my lovely lady will get android phone by this year, I will have a chance to play hers.) Yes I understanding that you had experience with droid, you detailed as above.

5) I have nothing against DRM. ;) I am neutral & can't answer that. I haven't to trying play DRM-playing handheld games with HDMI port to connect HDTV before.. I am sure it would be more clear, however graphic crisp & color will be reduce. but that entitled your opinion.

6) Dude, thats exaggerative.. *PSSST* ... I really dont care if flash or not! there is no different, youtube runs bb is very bugs, buffering, and laggy, lack of flash.. BB's os is sucks! Remember that Win CE, android, iphone os aren't same platform. anyway, there give two optionS which can disable flash if runs. or dont buy it if android & flash runs on it, thats very simple. dont take too personal :D

Foxarc, sorry take a long to response your post back.. I was ran many errands!, ahh

1) I haven't hear about *name* skyfire... Yeah, I get you-- I do understanding what you are talking about.. Youtube or movie run my (previous) BB's battery was drain quickly.

2) Yes I had read it in few days ago before you post this.. :P

3) I honest with you, I know nothing about html 5 or w/e.. I will study and learn about it sooner or later. but thank you for some explain of html 5.. I really appreciated it. ;)

4) Remember that I haven't own android device.. (however my lovely lady will get android phone by this year, I will have a chance to play hers.) Yes I understanding that you had experience with droid, you detailed as above.

5) I have nothing against DRM. ;) I am neutral & can't answer that. I haven't to trying play DRM-playing handheld games with HDMI port to connect HDTV before.. I am sure it would be more clear, however graphic crisp & color will be reduce. but that entitled your opinion.

6) Dude, thats exaggerative.. *PSSST* ... I really dont care if flash or not! there is no different, youtube runs bb is very bugs, buffering, and laggy, lack of flash.. BB's os is sucks! Remember that Win CE, android, iphone os aren't same platform. anyway, there give two optionS which can disable flash if runs. or dont buy it if android & flash runs on it, thats very simple. dont take too personal :D

I'm not talk about DRM games but just tv shows and movies, HDMI has DRM support for tv shows and movies like hear of broadcast flag, SOC and HD downscale if use analog connection. If tv shows are broadcast flagged so you can't record it for personal use or need to watch later without miss the tv shows, even applies to DVR too.

For 6) I'm talking about computer, flash performance is difference on Mac OS X and Windows 7. For mobile, I can't tell you because it hasn't release to public yet. iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad already support HTML5 so Apple doesn't want flash support due battery issue and performance issue that could affect iPhone OS due history of between Apple and Adobe relation in past.

1) I'm not talk about DRM games but just tv shows and movies, HDMI has DRM support for tv shows and movies like hear of broadcast flag, SOC and HD downscale if use analog connection. If tv shows are broadcast flagged so you can't record it for personal use or need to watch later without miss the tv shows, even applies to DVR too.

2) For 6) I'm talking about computer, flash performance is difference on Mac OS X and Windows 7. For mobile, I can't tell you because it hasn't release to public yet. iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad already support HTML5 so Apple doesn't want flash support due battery issue and performance issue that could affect iPhone OS due history of between Apple and Adobe relation in past.

1) Ahh!, You are talking about DRM tv & movies? C'mon.. I aint interest in DRM tv or movies. because they won't provide subtitle for DRM Tv or Movies. thats why i refuse to loading it from internet at alll, period. anyway...

2) Ahh, thats not a point. I don't want to talking about Computer on this topic.. Please don't put comparing Vehicle specs to RC cars specs. Unless you have a excellent point. but this topic is for android platform and tablet. ;)

You mentioned battery has issues as drain quickly, because of flash.. there is no different, BB has some issues with battery drain so fast, too., when I watch movie. Almost all phones or handheld gaming have the common problem with battery drain.. any can't beat GBA (handheld)'s lifetime battery ..

Yeah If apple felt that flash issues or decline what Adobe offer , that's is their problem. I don't care about apple. I know apple don't want to fix it for years and years. look at apple accomplished on multi-task for three years after original iphone's launched, wow took so long. I applauding that android offering flash for smart-phones and tablet.

Back