nVidia's Android Tablet pawned IPAD!

1) Ahh!, You are talking about DRM tv & movies? C'mon.. I aint interest in DRM tv or movies. because they won't provide subtitle for DRM Tv or Movies. thats why i refuse to loading it from internet at alll, period. anyway...

2) Ahh, thats not a point. I don't want to talking about Computer on this topic.. Please don't put comparing Vehicle specs to RC cars specs. Unless you have a excellent point. but this topic is for android platform and tablet. ;)

You mentioned battery has issues as drain quickly, because of flash.. there is no different, BB has some issues with battery drain so fast, too., when I watch movie. Almost all phones or handheld gaming have the common problem with battery drain.. any can't beat GBA (handheld)'s lifetime battery ..

Yeah If apple felt that flash issues or decline what Adobe offer , that's is their problem. I don't care about apple. I know apple don't want to fix it for years and years. look at apple accomplished on multi-task for three years after original iphone's launched, wow took so long. I applauding that android offering flash for smart-phones and tablet.

There is reason about brought a computer because most of flash codes are work same with computer and mobile phones but iPhone OS is partly Mac OS X that Apple was concerned about stability of flash.

It wasn't Apple fault, it is actually Adobe's fault because they aren't code on Mac OS X as well as PC does so could passes on mobile phone that cause iPhone OS to become a unstable and crash.

I predict that flash video will be replace with HTML5 in few years, no kidding.

Oddly, my old BB Tour has excellent battery life and last for 3 days since I don't bother to watch video.

Well, battery drains depend on what is causing it. I can get my BB to last two or three days by browsing and chatting once in awhile, but once I start watching videos on YouTube or listen to a bit of ska, the lithium battery only last like... maybe 6 hours before it's finished.

I don't know much about how Flash impacts mobile, or what the replacement HTML5 will do it. I just know that a few developers I know of want to phase out Flash for simplicity reasons.

Well, battery drains depend on what is causing it. I can get my BB to last two or three days by browsing and chatting once in awhile, but once I start watching videos on YouTube or listen to a bit of ska, the lithium battery only last like... maybe 6 hours before it's finished.

I don't know much about how Flash impacts mobile, or what the replacement HTML5 will do it. I just know that a few developers I know of want to phase out Flash for simplicity reasons.

But NBC and Time Warner are refusing to move HTML5 and tell Steve Jobs to want Adobe's Flash.

But NBC and Time Warner are refusing to move HTML5 and tell Steve Jobs to want Adobe's Flash.

then NBC and Time Warner are lazy.

Congratulation to CBS to create a HTML5 friendly videos.

then NBC and Time Warner are lazy.

Congratulation to CBS to create a HTML5 friendly videos.

I agree with you.

Smokescreen for iPhone, iPod and iPad to convert Flash to HTML5/JavaScript.

Smokescreen | No word about support Hulu?

I tried to get new Cloud browser, a service that provide a full desktop browser for iPod Touch and iPhones, including Flash and Java support but Hulu doesn't work because Hulu is very aggressive in blocking viewers. They block based on the type of browser or the IP or the OS version, unfortunately.

AlwaysOn Technologies

nVidia pad-

Custom (open source)
USB
SDHC
Camera
Video
Flash 10.1 support
HDMI
Tether
Froyo

Ipad- ZERO and closed source, (sorry ipad users)
thats simple..

Custom (At first it is closed support but it can be made to open source)
USB-Not sure why you need a USB anyway-haven't needed one yet.
SDHC-Don't care.
Camera-Don't care but next generation will have one.
Video-Not sure why this is here, it does have video.
Flash 10.1 support-don't care, obsolete garbage anyway and most sites are getting away from it.
HDMI-It does have a similiar verion.
Tether-yes you can tether the IPAD.
Froyo-Don't care.

IPAD has 10 hour battery life
IPAD is extremely thin
IPAD is easy as 123
IPAD is unparalleded in tough screen technology(don't know what I'm talking about-try one, test out-you will be amazed)
IPAD has over 10,000 to choose from and it was just released.
IPAD is not just a computer.
IPAD Has a bigger screen.
IPAD Has my vote cause I own one :)
IPAD only ways 1.5 pounds

Custom (At first it is closed support but it can be made to open source)
USB-Not sure why you need a USB anyway-haven't needed one yet.
SDHC-Don't care.
Camera-Don't care but next generation will have one.
Video-Not sure why this is here, it does have video.
Flash 10.1 support-don't care, obsolete garbage anyway and most sites are getting away from it.
HDMI-It does have a similiar verion.
Tether-yes you can tether the IPAD.
Froyo-Don't care.

IPAD is extremely thin
IPAD is easy as 123
IPAD is unparalleded in tough screen technology(don't know what I'm talking about-try one, test out-you will be amazed)

Check it out.

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.)

iPad can do with digital camera, SDHC, and USB.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNs0TUNjwxU&feature=related]YouTube - My iPad Has a Camera[/ame]

You can use your iPhone and future iPod touch as "wireless camera" for iPad.

XBGMER knows nothing about iPad but troll.. Tsk tsk.

Yeah, here's another thing: If you have that camera connection kit, you could run your printer, too! How cool is that!?

I do like iPad and it is jailbroken capable to run any apps that what I want.

There's already 5,000 apps for the iPad so jailbreaking doesn't make sense to me.

Well, jailbroken allows you to use all apps, even unauthorized/homebrew apps that against Apple policy or refuse to approve for some reason like emulators, unauthorized tethering software, any apps that use excessive data, run apps that written in any codes, etc.

Jailbroken iPhone allows to change the theme whatever you want.

Apple announced yesterday that, after the release of the iPad to 9 different countries on May 28th, they have sold 2 million units in just under 60 days from it's very first release! Wow, and they will release to 9 more countries in July....

It's funny how some say that iPad is too limited but that's EXACTLY the main appeal - iPad does not complicate, it works FOR you.

Studies have shown that people who want more options tend to be more miserable than people who want limited options. The reason is simple: those who wants lots of options tend to feel insecure and have remorse if their options are not right. The fact that so many people bought iPad and iPhone and stayed with anything Apple says a lot. They wanted nothing but Apple because they liked the simplicity and elegance that Apple provides for them.

It's funny how some say that iPad is too limited but that's EXACTLY the main appeal - iPad does not complicate, it works FOR you.

Studies have shown that people who want more options tend to be more miserable than people who want limited options. The reason is simple: those who wants lots of options tend to feel insecure and have remorse if their options are not right. The fact that so many people bought iPad and iPhone and stayed with anything Apple says a lot. They wanted nothing but Apple because they liked the simplicity and elegance that Apple provides for them.

no no. it's other way around. Apple tells you what to do. surprisingly enough - it works.

Apple announced yesterday that, after the release of the iPad to 9 different countries on May 28th, they have sold 2 million units in just under 60 days from it's very first release! Wow, and they will release to 9 more countries in July....

Lots of it is impulse buy though.. I can see it's just a fad thing. Next gen of slates coming out, iPAD will have competition. Then after a few years it'll be normal electronics affordable for anyone.

IPAD is extremely thin
IPAD is easy as 123
Congrats you got one. but Ipad's video clip or steaming movies are VERY crappy quality! you know it. ipad and iOS will be remain for years. its boring easy! it will become outdate in few months quickly. andriod or WCE7 Tablet/slate will smoke ipad out.. lol

APPLE was almost go into chapter 11, but MSFT's $$ invested in apple's market and revived apple. Ipad and iphone are selling more then mac. apple is very Xucking lucky!

au9kpy.gif

HTML5 final release and added to W3C won't be til 2022, which explains why not many companies are jumping on the HTML5 bandwagon, just yet. It may run faster but still there are a lot of things to tweak out before putting it out in the wild.

HTML5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HTML 5 Won’t Be Ready Until 2022. Yes, 2022. | Webmonkey| Wired.com

the last link is old but I haven't heard anything about the process except on what has been stated in the wikipedia page.

Plus Flash 10.1 for Android is STILL in BETA stage, which means it is expected for one to experience bugs and lags so they are still collecting data from many android devices to tweak it out and fix it, so no worries. Once the final release come out, it will finally be in full force but of course updates are expected to follow as more and more companies will produce Flash based media/sites and they may have different code implementation that hasn't been included with the flash application for Android.

Last edited:
Back