No more lurking..

Bmwdsny

Reaction score
Hey there, :wave:

I have been on and off this board for the last year and i thought, what the heck, i'll register and introduce myself.

I am Melinda and I am profound Deaf and wear hearing aids. I am getting new hearing aids in the next few weeks and people are encouraging me to get digitals. I have had Analog since i was 4. (am 42 now!!:roll:) Hey, remember those body aids with wires back in early 70's??:-o had them first and then got BTE when i was 10.
I am just not sure if i am going to like Digital. My BIL had them and he went back to analog 2 years later cuz he couldn't hack the digital. I was reading the thread below about the differences between analog and digital and i guess it all based how you personally like it. It one of those you either love it or hate it. I just don't know if i want to endure the 30 day trial. I just don't know what to do. The only complaint i have with analog is that i get feedbacks on some cordless phones and some cell phones which drives me NUTS!! Also , when i am outside and it is humid out, my hearing aids goes haywire!! Can't handle the humidity. People told me that digital is better equipped for humidity (water resistance) and feedback free. but i am not sure how i am going to like the hearing part, i am also not sure if i like the idea that it turns down and up on it own depending how the noise is outside. But my audiologist told me she can set it at a analog setting...not sure what that means!
But anyway, enough rambling on my part, but this is a cool site for deaf people!!!

PS: Any disney fans out here???:lol:

mbian8.jpg

Hi Melinda and welcome to alldeaf. Yes, I think you are right, it all comes down to what works best for you. And that is for you and your audi to decide (just remember you have the winning vote).

Hi and :welcome: to AD! Do hope you will stay around with us and enjoy. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. It is all up to you on the kind of hearing aids you want to wear. You are not the only one and many of us Deafies don't like hearing aids that much, but stuck with it. You can take your hearing aid off whenever you feel like quiet time or can not stand the noises. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

: You can take your hearing aid off whenever you feel like quiet time or can not stand the noises. :wave:

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

Oh i have been taking off hearing aids when i have a fight with my hubby or my children are quarrling!!:giggle: They hate it when i do that!!!:eek3:

I would try for the digitals. You might be surprised. The set I just got is digital....and I can hear SO well with them. They also do really well in humidity.
They survived a tornado pretty well......They are Oticons if you want to look into those.

Oh and I SECOND the fact that they are FEEDBACK free. It's so damn amazing! I've had issues with feedback from the time I was three years old....lol.....my last sets went nuts with feedback. This set NO feedback! WOW!!!!!!! Of course it is kinda weird not having my aids beep when people hug me...LOL.

Aloha, dudette..

welcome to AD, im one of who fan of Disney :]

Stitch and Lilo is my favorite tv show! *chuckles* i want to be kid again. I got a kid in the heart.

Enjoy your stay in AD- peace out and surf's out-

Back