No Deaf interactions :/

ASLJiakurai

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Jacob. I take ASL in Tampa Bay, Florida.
This is my second year of ASL and I have grown to love it,
but I have not had one interaction with a Deaf person to actually use my skills outside of the classroom. Sure, I can sign with other signers, but there is no interaction with a hearing person that can be anywhere close to a deaf person.
I decided to take ASL because I thought it was an "Easy A", and I am in love with the Deaf culture, I had never thought I could be attached to something like this. Anyway. This site looks nice, and I look forward to being a part of it.

I'm new too!!!

Hi, I've just joined today. I was born deaf in one ear (no biggie) but six weeks ago the other ear went deaf. Cochlear implant in three weeks, any advice?:roll:

I live in tampa as well it looks like you dont use this site any more

Yep, you are right that he or she had not made any posts after the first one. This thread is old back in 2011. So he or she is not here at all.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, mikemike42. :wave:

You don't have to be acually signing everyday to deaf people to need sign there are deaf people all around if you need help finding something in the store . You can ask for someone to sign to you .

Hi, I've just joined today. I was born deaf in one ear (no biggie) but six weeks ago the other ear went deaf. Cochlear implant in three weeks, any advice?:roll:
Start a thread over in the Cochlear Implant and hearing aid forum. Let is know any questions or concerns you have. Do you know or are you learning ASL? Better not to hijack this thread.

Back