New Xbox: No second hand games, always on DRM?!

metalangel

Reaction score
I've read this article as well.

I've heard rumors that PS4 is doing the same thing...

It will be very stupid if M$ and Sony do it.

The hardwares are fragile, so if they don't success with next-gen console so they will end up like Sega.

Don't put game console in mixed with PC gaming.

Thank god I am not teenager anymore. Who cares about games these days? The world have so many things for you to see.

RIAA, MPAA and Gaming Industries are communist. It's their greed plain and simple. I do not support that. I am sure that there will be a mods for Xbox and PS 4 soon. Just like PS2 console with modded mainboard that allow 2nd hand games. See what future will come.

Catty

RIAA, MPAA and Gaming Industries are communist. It's their greed plain and simple. I do not support that. I am sure that there will be a mods for Xbox and PS 4 soon. Just like PS2 console with modded mainboard that allow 2nd hand games. See what future will come.

Catty

or hack with custom firmware, if not possible so mod chip will be next.

Not all game companies support to block the used games - CD Projekt RED against the block on used games and DRM.

Making all games DRM is gonna ruin everything.

I rather have the hard copy of the game, not a downloaded version. If it's a downloaded version that's free, fine with me.

Making all games DRM is gonna ruin everything.

I rather have the hard copy of the game, not a downloaded version. If it's a downloaded version that's free, fine with me.

Same here, I prefer hard copy for console version and digital copy for PC.

It could be a hard copy still, but with a CD-key style thing where it'll become permanently associated with your gamertag, a bit like Xbox Live Arcade games do when you buy them.

I believe all game developers like it because they are not making profits for used games. If happens, good bye gamefly and gamestop...

I believe all game developers like it because they are not making profits for used games. If happens, good bye gamefly and gamestop...

Not really, not all game developers support those - especially CD Projekt RED and independents won't support because it will kill the game market because customers won't buy next-gen consoles with those feature implemented.

Things really aren't supply and demand sometimes as much as they are what are people willing to pay. Personally I like the idea that there's no physical game. I like that there's no CD, cartridge, tape to stick in, or a hole for my kids to put something else in. I think there's a market in DRM license transactions if it could ever get buy off. Cancel your license to a game for money off a new one (from same issuer). Seems like the places issuing the license would love to have a cut of performing license transfers between users as well. I'm sure businesses built off trading games will take a hit. I'm sure they are already with tablets, cell phones, and the DRM that is already there. Just as any business that doesn't update their business model or is built on old technology. The worst part of DRM for me is living in the styx where DSL is limited to 1.5 meg (if you can get it since it's at capacity), fiber is 1/2 mile away, and even cable TV runs on the other side of the street, and as a renter, I'm not going to pay 2k for cable run to the house.

Back