Netbook to buy...

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am think what kind of netbook to buy, I already have a laptop and it's old. So I thought I did buy a netbook which had a great battery (6 cell) life and great for traveling.

Aspire One 10.1”: feel the potential. Yours.

I have heard good reviews about this one. Don't get me wrong, I am still planning to build my own desktop in the "Build my own desktop" thread. My old laptop Toshiba Satellite A105-S2231 will be for sale which came with dual boot that I build: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.04

Anyway the bottom line is is Acer Aspire One worth it? Can this be replace with 802.11n?

I am think what kind of netbook to buy, I already have a laptop and it's old. So I thought I did buy a netbook which had a great battery (6 cell) life and great for traveling.

I have heard good reviews about this one. Don't get me wrong, I am still planning to build my own desktop in the "Build my own desktop" thread. My old laptop Toshiba Satellite A105-S2231 will be for sale which came with dual boot that I build: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.04

Anyway the bottom line is is Acer Aspire One worth it? Can this be replace with 802.11n?

But Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam is 0.3 megapixel (MP) resolution. that s not good. Should be another netnook which includes 1.3 MP webcam. JClarke had used external Logitech webcam onto HP netbook. HP netbook s intergraed 0.3 MP webcam was poor resolution. You don't buy Aspireone netbook right now. I may buy Dell Mini 10v at $299 or other netbook.

Chevy57's right but i have to say, the HP netbook is very good as well, i dont care about the .3 webcam, i have two 2MP webcams :lol:

I would find laptop with solid State hard drive for that laptop why it would be SCREAM FAST.

In bold, are you refer as HDD (Hard Drive)?

Both of SSD and HDD use SATA for recent computers since old computers are use IDE.

SSD isn't fast for writing and it has short lifespan for writing.

You sure? I have use SSD it way fast for me. moving huge files.

You right I research and found it. Things that shorten a SSDs life span - SLI Zone Forums

Then Sata is better.

SSD/HDD and SATA aren't same thing.

SATA is transfer cable, that used for transfer the data but SSD and HDD is storage data that where save the data.

When you hook the cable to SSD or HDD, it called SATA.

Prior to introduction of SATA, it was IDE that use for transfer cable.

This is SSD
105x89_SanDisk-32GB-SSD-SATA-5000.jpg

This is HDD.
HDD35-SATA.jpg

SSD and HDD use SATA.

I am thinking about this one ...

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee PC EPC1000HE-BLU002X Blue Intel Atom N280(1.66GHz) 10.0" WSVGA 1GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook - Netbooks

It got a 1.3mp webcam and a 160HDD

I don't want SSD anyway because of short life span if the netbook is used a lot.

I still consider about Eee PC 1008HA. Slim like Mac Air - 160 HDD, WiFi N, Bluetooth, 1.3 MP webcam and 6 hr battery life

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee PC 1008HA-TBC Blk Pearl Black Intel Atom N280(1.66GHz) 10.1" WSVGA 1GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook - Netbooks

I still consider about Eee PC 1008HA. Slim like Mac Air - 160 HDD, WiFi N, Bluetooth, 1.3 MP webcam and 6 hr battery life

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee PC 1008HA-TBC Blk Pearl Black Intel Atom N280(1.66GHz) 10.1" WSVGA 1GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook - Netbooks

I thought both of you plan to get Purple netbook. What's wrong with them?

I thought both of you plan to get Purple netbook. What's wrong with them?

I dislike 16 SSD hard drive of P3 netbook like Dell Mini 9. My manager told me that P3 netbook 9 is only. I don't decide to buy any netbook yet. I now use it in my HP 14" notebook.

I dislike 16 SSD hard drive of P3 netbook like Dell Mini 9. My manager told me that P3 netbook 9 is only. I don't decide to buy any netbook yet. I now use it in my HP 14" notebook.

Do you know what is SSD? It don't use hard drive.

Back