My upcoming vacation

bbnt

King of all I see
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 5 weeks vacation and I am using the first this week.

here is where I am going http://www.nps.gov/chir/ I should have some good pics.

Leaving tomorrow morning and I shall return Thursday evening.

It's supposed to snow there tonight but the rest of the week should be ok.

I will be camping at Bonita Canyon

Sounds like fun. Watch out for coyotes (not the furry four-legged kind) and meth labs. :)

Have a great trip and do enjoy your adventure outdoors! Btw, are you going alone or with others? I'm sure if going alone, you'll have some sort of means of being able to be in touch with others just so they know you're fine and well. Anyhow, do look forward to more of your pixes later, that is if you're planning to do so. ;)

Best of luck with camping ~n~ hiking and wishing great weather for ya!

The mountain range I will be on is not a crossing point
for those trying to make it in to the U.S. so I am not
worried about the 2 legged coyotes.

I am taking the twins with me since it's their spring break.
At least a half dozen people know where I am going. I
am talking 2 cell phones, a handheld GPS receiver, and a
walkie talkie.

Weather will be in the 60-65 range.

bbnt said:
The mountain range I will be on is not a crossing point
for those trying to make it in to the U.S. so I am not
worried about the 2 legged coyotes.

Well, be careful anyway. All of the southwest desert parks are hotbeds of criminal activity. Being an NPS Ranger is the most dangerous form of federal service that currently exists. An NPS Ranger is 11 times more likely to be killed in the line of duty than an FBI agent. National Parks just aren’t what they used to be. :(

Wow, sure sounds a lots of fun, be careful and have a great time!!!

Levonian said:
Well, be careful anyway. All of the southwest desert parks are hotbeds of criminal activity. Being an NPS Ranger is the most dangerous form of federal service that currently exists. An NPS Ranger is 11 times more likely to be killed in the line of duty than an FBI agent. National Parks just aren’t what they used to be. :(

Hmmm, Lev, you got me curious about how many FBI agents are killed each year. All I could find was
http://www.xgboy.com/html/fbikilled.html
and it seems that it is a rare occurence.
*scratching my head* That doesn't seem right.

Anyway, bbnt, have a great time...do not be afraid, just have fun, and be sure to take plenty of pics!

Levonian said:

common sense is the tool you have to use anytime your
hiking in the wilderness, I have been on over 60 hikes all
under 8 miles and haven't had any problems yet.

by the way I love your signature and I may doing
something like that myself

Ahh cool, BBNT.. have fun on your trip..but watch for these aliens who would love to get their green hands on ya..lol.. :mrgreen:

Here is some photos of my recent vacation to the Chiricahua National Monument.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548980487eGdbbO

here is a little info about the place I went

Twenty seven million years ago a volcanic eruption of immense proportions shook the land around Chiricahua National Monument. One thousand times greater than the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens, the Turkey Creek Caldera eruption eventually laid down two thousand feet of highly silicious ash and pumice. This mixture fused into a rock called rhyolitic tuff and eventually eroded into the spires and unusual rock formations of today.

BBNT,

Beauitful landscaping and rocks still stand up not even break.. wow..
My eyes laid on view so beautiful view.. wishes I could visit in AZ one day!

Back