missed introduction

nickysunflower

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Nicky, and I live in Virginia. I am HOH in both ears. I got my first H.A on the left ear @ 20. They didn't know if it was due to a head injury I had, or the sirens from running rescue. I am now 38 have ringing in my L ear really bad when not wearing my aid, and some dizzyness, and got an aid for my R as well. What a great difference wearing both makes :) ). Left ear isreally severe /reverse slope,and right ear is mild reverse slope. I plan on see an ENT about all the dizziness. I also have alopecia so my hair will fall out. Currently I am bald which stinks since it is getting cold. The Doc says it is an auto immune disorder. I have two beautiful hearing kids 9 son, 11 daughter who are very excited to be learning ASL. We went to our first Deaf Coffee two weeks ago, and LOVED it. I haven't used my ASL in years, and decided it was time. I want my kids to learn a second language that they will acutely use in life, and they want to learn. I am hoping to find deaf events, and plays to take them to. We are blessed that we can take a day to go where we want since I homeschool them. I have really enjoed this forum. It is great to have people from all walks of life who have something in common. I look forward to getting to know y'all better.

Hi, Gallaudet does a day summer camp with a mix of hearing a deaf kids. Might be another opportunity for the kids to learn ASL.

Welcome to AD, I hope you find this forum to be informative. :wave:

Thank you all. Cheetah thank you for the info. I will check it out. My kids wiould love that. That keep saying they wish they had friends to sign with.

Welcome to AD. Which part of Virginia do you live in?

I live about 20 minutes from Kings Dominion. Lake Anna :)

A group of deaf women whom I know but dont hang out with go to Lake Anna often for weekend getaways because one of them owns a house by the lake.

It is beautiful here. A lot of things to do even if you don't go out on the water. It sounds like they have a good thing going. Are you from around here also?

It is beautiful here. A lot of things to do even if you don't go out on the water. It sounds like they have a good thing going. Are you from around here also?

From Arizona but live in Maryland.

Nice. I have only been to the aquarium, and surrounding area. It was great. We wnt to the Hard Rock Cafe.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back