Metrolink gave my deaf friend a ticket!

BartSimpsx24x

Reaction score
Hey!

I just found out from my friend who ride Metrolink Train got a ticket today. My friend paid Disabled ticket because himself is deaf. When I ride on Train a lot to visit my friend in Riverside I never got problems with officer but it was first time I hear that my friend got ticket because my friend paid Disabled ticket just because he is deaf does that sound right to you?

In southern California? Metrolink web site said for disability discount:

* 50% off Regular Fare
* Please present proof of eligibility upon request
- LA County Transit Operators Association ID Card
- Medicare ID
- DMV placard ID
- Reduced Fare ID Card from other public transit system
* LA County Access Services ID Card holders ride at no cost

If your friend has proof of eligibility, no problem I think. You can contact Metrolink for more information:

Speech and hearing-impaired commuters: Please call (800) 698-4TDD.

Callers from outside Southern California
Please call (213) 347-2800.

Or online comment form.

HTH. :)

Hey!

I just found out from my friend who ride Metrolink Train got a ticket today. My friend paid Disabled ticket because himself is deaf. When I ride on Train a lot to visit my friend in Riverside I never got problems with officer but it was first time I hear that my friend got ticket because my friend paid Disabled ticket just because he is deaf does that sound right to you?

Gee, I hate to say that but Disabled ticket might mean can't walk or can't use arms? I really don't know but personally for myself, I prefer to pay regular ticket even I am deaf but I can walk. I don't know what Metrolink's term for disabled.

In southern California? Metrolink web site said for disability discount:

* 50% off Regular Fare
* Please present proof of eligibility upon request
- LA County Transit Operators Association ID Card
- Medicare ID
- DMV placard ID
- Reduced Fare ID Card from other public transit system
* LA County Access Services ID Card holders ride at no cost

If your friend has proof of eligibility, no problem I think. You can contact Metrolink for more information:

Speech and hearing-impaired commuters: Please call (800) 698-4TDD.

Callers from outside Southern California
Please call (213) 347-2800.

Or online comment form.

HTH. :)

I already Told my friend about what you said... They said they has prove that they are disabled in some way like SSI etc... But it too late they will use it next time. I wonder if School ID will help? They used went to Deaf School Plus some my friends live in San Bernardino and Riverside Country how do they get Disabled ID to ride train to Los Angeles or anywhere instead get ticket.

Gee, I hate to say that but Disabled ticket might mean can't walk or can't use arms? I really don't know but personally for myself, I prefer to pay regular ticket even I am deaf but I can walk. I don't know what Metrolink's term for disabled.

I doubt they will give ticket to deaf people because they paid five dollar to ride train because they do have term for deaf. If train is not begin fair then somebody should look in train term policy and try fix it.

I rode Metrolink last summer and I had no problem using it cuz I have Medicare card with me to prove it. So they did not ask for my tickets..I guess it was waayyy too quiet on that day. I always carry my medicare card with me.

So if your friend have disabled card ID, I think you can get it in downtown LA but I am not sure. Mine went expired so I am not gonna bother to re-new it because I am not in LA anymore. I went LA last summer for 3 weeks and used Metrolink just once.

Your friend will need to prove it such as Audiologists hearing test or something...I don't remember how I got mine...it has been long time since I got it.

im usually ride bus if you lives in Arkansas

im been ride CATS bus all the times and im using 31 days tickets for transfers anywhere in Arkansas like Little Rock,NLR,Jacksonville,Sherwood and lots of mores in routes streets of Arkansas but im usually ride bus between NLR,Ar and LR,Ar

31 days its would be $17.00
10 days its would be between $10.00 or over depends prices

Welcome to the CAT Web Site!

Back