Mass Shooting in California , 6 dead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think don't that is the whole issue , not all mentally ill people have suicidal and homicidal thoughts . If this happen every person that own guns should not be allowed to have one. Most people get depress at least once their in life about something and that could be consider a mental illness . No there has to some other way. I feel the schools could set up a buddy program for kids that have Asperger's or are socially handicap . If a kid has just one friend that can made a world of difference to them and it made help them feel the whole world is not against.

I think those are all good things and I support them. However, childhood and adulthood are two different things.

And,

Suicide rates for mentally ill:
Facts About Mental Illness and Suicide - Mental Health Reporting - UW School of Social Work

No, the law was written to prevent government from running the society. Our forefather fought to be free from regime of British government. British government is gun control freak! So these forefather wanted society to take care of themselves instead of government. That is the true intention on American independence. If British government were not control freak, we are pretty much STILL owned by British government (Like Canadians still are).

Read to constitution carefully, there is language written that in order to have state keep in order... how? There is answer in there.

We can NOT depend on our government to protect ourselves because, government can turn into tyranny anytime, thus leaving us totally unprotected, the risk is too far greatly. You may wish learn how WWII started. If you check their gun laws in Europe during period between these two world wars, you will understand how easy it was for Adolf Hitler overpowering these countries government, effectively violated the Treaty of Versailles, and became out of control. If you had wondering why Adolf Hitler never touched United States. There is more that I don't know yet and am learning what exactly happened.

Like Jiro said earlier which I agreed is right, if you wish full protection from government... then move to North Korea! I wouldn't!

I'm seriously doubt that our country will fell into tyrant's hand and we have sheriff department and National Guards to protect our constitution, also you have US Supreme Court as well.

North Korea? LOL, NK government kill citizens so that's not full protection so I think you means UK.

I think those are all good things and I support them. However, childhood and adulthood are two different things.

And,

Suicide rates for mentally ill:
Facts About Mental Illness and Suicide - Mental Health Reporting - UW School of Social Work

HUH?? The person whole life affect them , the childhood is the most importance part of a person outlook up the world . A child need to learn social skills and feel apart of society at a young age . I disagree , we have to start somewhere in making sure very child feel that the world is a safe place for them and that they'll want to be apart of it when they become an adult .
If a law is pass that every person that has mental illness can't buy a gun
the government is going say anyone that had depression no matter how long it lasted is mentally ill . People needs to be really careful about saying guns need to kept out of mentally person hands. This is too broad a spectrum , it's like saying old people should not be allowed to drive a car. Not all old people are bad driver and not all people that been depress are homicidal and suicidal . People need to really careful if this become a law the government is not going say some people with mental illness can't buy a guns . This will mean every person that had depression too . The government would love to find a way to disarm every gun owner and the more people demand guns to kept out of mentally people it could end up costing a lot of people their guns.

yes.... you made a thread about it - http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/118644-california-senator-leland-yee-charged-gunrunning.html

and I think you should tone it down now with gun issue since it's not even a national issue right now after this massacre (thanks god). let's start remembering victims.

Is this another "emotional appeal"? Why would you say we should start remembering the victims? What I am attempting to do, is prevent any more victims ... so of course, I care about the victims, and their families. That is why I am so outspoken.

I believe we were talking about how Elliot Rodgers was able to acquire 3 firearms - while he was violently and mentally ill.

Since he was able to acquire them in California, the State with the strictest firearm regulation laws in the country, I felt it was pertinent information to also share some background info on a specific California Senator that attempted to write severe anti 2nd Amendment views into law. As you pointed out, yes, I started a thread on it - and I am posting it here, as it is relevant to this specific situation - i.e. strict firearm regulations will do nothing to prevent a crazy homicidal looney from going on a killing spree. All they are doing is taking firearms away from the law abiding.

Gun control is most certainly in the national spotlight - every single MSM outlet has a poll asking if stricter firearm laws should be passed.

Why should I tone things down again? is my opinion too loud for you?

HUH?? The person whole life affect them , the childhood is the most importance part of a person outlook up the world . A child need to learn social skills and feel apart of society at a young age . I disagree , we have to start somewhere in making sure very child feel that the world is a safe place for them and that they'll want to be apart of it when they become an adult .
the government is going say anyone that had depression no matter how long it lasted is mentally ill . People needs to be really careful about saying guns need to kept out of mentally person hands. This is too broad a spectrum , it's like saying old people should not be allowed to drive a car. Not all old people are bad driver and not all people that been depress are homicidal and suicidal . People need to really careful if this become a law the government is not going say some people with mental illness can't buy a guns . This will mean every person that had depression too . The government would love to find a way to disarm every gun owner and the more people demand guns to kept out of mentally people it could end up costing a lot of people their guns.

I actually learned at a very young age that the world is an extremely dangerous place, and I am safer as a result.

Is this another "emotional appeal"? Why would you say we should start remembering the victims? What I am attempting to do, is prevent any more victims ... so of course, I care about the victims, and their families. That is why I am so outspoken.

I believe we were talking about how Elliot Rodgers was able to acquire 3 firearms - while he was violently and mentally ill.

1) Since he was able to acquire them in California, the State with the strictest firearm regulation laws in the country, I felt it was pertinent information to also share some background info on a specific California Senator that attempted to write severe anti 2nd Amendment views into law. As you pointed out, yes, I started a thread on it - and I am posting it here, as it is relevant to this specific situation - i.e. strict firearm regulations will do nothing to prevent a crazy homicidal looney from going on a killing spree. All they are doing is taking firearms away from the law abiding.

Gun control is most certainly in the national spotlight - every single MSM outlet has a poll asking if stricter firearm laws should be passed.

2) Why should I tone things down again? is my opinion too loud for you?

1) In bold, some laws are not enforceable properly or lacking of awareness in communities.

2) This thread is about tragic event so it is not a place to debate about guns and it is very rude to debate about topics if you are not victim of tragic events.

This thread could be locked up because of you and First Amendment only protect you from the government, not Alldeaf forum. You complained that you took rights away from us and some people took rights away from me, even you took my rights away - gay marriage.

1) In bold, some laws are not enforceable properly or lacking of awareness in communities.

2) This thread is about tragic event so it is not a place to debate about guns and it is very rude to debate about topics if you are not victim of tragic events.

This thread could be locked up because of you and First Amendment only protect you from the government, not Alldeaf forum. You complained that you took rights away from us and some people took rights away from me, even you took my rights away - gay marriage.

2) this thread is about a tragic event - the tragic event being that a mentally unstable and homicidal individual was able to legally purchase 3 firearms. It is NOT about your personal views on gay marriage, or my views on gay marriage.

It is rude to not take that into consideration. It is rude to side step that issue.

we are beginning to see what a post Christian era in America is starting to look like - when a kid values sex, money, social status and blames other people for his misery.

2) this thread is about a tragic event - the tragic event being that a mentally unstable and homicidal individual was able to legally purchase 3 firearms. It is NOT about your personal views on gay marriage, or my views on gay marriage.

It is rude to not take that into consideration. It is rude to side step that issue.

we are beginning to see what a post Christian era in America is starting to look like - when a kid values sex, money, social status and blames other people for his misery.

This thread will going be locked up because of you. :roll:

You are nothing than just trolling anyone so time to refrain from gun debate in tragic event - not everyone agree with you.

We didn't fight the War of Independence over gun control. And, we didn't start a society based on anarchy.

You might be interested in this:
Causes of the American Revolution

And, we already had the ability to raise troops and arms before the war.

Colonial Legislatures – The existence of colonial legislatures meant that the colonies were in many ways independent of the crown. The legislatures were allowed to levy taxes, muster troops, and pass laws. Over time, these powers became rights in the eyes of many colonists. When they were curtailed by the British, conflict ensued. The future leaders of the United States were born in these legislatures.

EDIT: You should come out here and take a tour sometime, you can't throw a stick around here without hitting The American Revolution.

we did win these wars and start society with guns :cool2:

Since he was able to acquire them in California, the State with the strictest firearm regulation laws in the country, I felt it was pertinent information to also share some background info on a specific California Senator that attempted to write severe anti 2nd Amendment views into law. As you pointed out, yes, I started a thread on it - and I am posting it here, as it is relevant to this specific situation - i.e. strict firearm regulations will do nothing to prevent a crazy homicidal looney from going on a killing spree. All they are doing is taking firearms away from the law abiding.

Why should I tone things down again? is my opinion too loud for you?

there's no gun control activity going on in the wake of UCSB massacre. too loud? well you're becoming as obnoxious as like WBC. making a mountain out of nonexistent issue.

I actually learned at a very young age that the world is an extremely dangerous place, and I am safer as a result.

I think this is a lot difference for kids that are have a hard time making friends b/c they have poor social skill or Asperger . I am talking about trying to help kids that feel that they do not belong in society get help when they're young so they'll not grow up to become adults full of rage and anger at the whole world. There are buddy programs for kids in some schools and it might help to have some kids that have Asperger too. I had a very abusive dunk for a father and this made learn to be on the lookout for danger too. But not everyone can deal with this and I know there is no easy way to stop mass shooting or killing from happening but I feel we need to start some place and it seem that helping all kids at an early age feel like they're welcome in the society and not an outcast could help them grow up to feel they fix in as adults too. It take a village to raise a child .

You can't do all those things to an adult. You can't find them a buddy.

I'd like to know how guns help mentally ill people? Can you give an example of how a gun has helped a mentally ill person?

You can't do all those things to an adult. You can't find them a buddy.

I'd like to know how guns help mentally ill people? Can you give an example of how a gun has helped a mentally ill person?

WTF are you talking about ?? I am talking about trying to help kids that feel that do not fix in society get the help they need instead of having them grow up and getting into trouble with the law, there are of lot programs like this in inner cities and they been very successful . I said nothing about guns helping mentally ill people. I did say if a law was pass to keep gun out of mentally ill people the government could say anyone that been depress can't have a gun. People can get depress for a number of reasons and NOT be mentally ill . A person can get depress about losing their job and that does not made them crazy , but the government could say they're not fix to own a gun. I feel it a law was pass to check on mentally ill people the government will try to find a way to abuse this law. I am saying if people want to have a law pass like this they better be sure to how it is worded .
I am not going to give an example of how a gun will help a mentally ill person
b/c I NEVER said that. YOU DID !

This thread needs a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back