Made a new addition to my profile

Bebonang

Reaction score
Well, I had made a new group addition to the lists of groups profiles less than a week ago. It is call "Deaf Native American".

If you are interest in my group, then you are welcome. Also let me know why you are interest in it. If you are Native American and Deafie or HOH, even hearie, then you are most welcome in my group. So hope to see you around in my group for discussions and pictures if you want to apply. What I am thinking about is if you want to ask questions about Native traditions, I will try to answer your questions. I hope to see you there. :wave:

Well, I had made a new group addition to the lists of groups profiles less than a week ago. It is call "Deaf Native American".

If you are interest in my group, then you are welcome. Also let me know why you are interest in it. If you are Native American and Deafie or HOH, even hearie, then you are most welcome in my group. So hope to see you around in my group for discussions and pictures if you want to apply. What I am thinking about is if you want to ask questions about Native traditions, I will try to answer your questions. I hope to see you there. :wave:

I don't have a native American background, but think that's very cool, Bebonang. I always find your posts about native american topics to be fascinating and eye opening.

How about a hearie who's related to 3 hearie Native Americans by blood....my 2 nieces & my nephew. :)

How about a hearie who's related to 3 hearie Native Americans by blood....my 2 nieces & my nephew. :)

Yep, you are welcome to come into my group if you want to know about different tribes. Also can you clarify what tribes are your nieces and nephew? That would be nice if you want to join into my group. :cool2:

My biological mother's mother was Cherokee, from the Smith family and died on the reservation in Oklahoma.

So I have a tiny connection.

My connection is even smaller - my maternal grandmother's grandmother was Cherokee, full.

My biological mother's mother was Cherokee, from the Smith family and died on the reservation in Oklahoma.

So I have a tiny connection.

:aw:

Thank you for joining my group. It is good to know that you have heritage with your grandmother. The elders are important to help the young people understand in knowing the way of life, even in modern time here. We, Natives, are getting modern now that we have lost some of our traditions like our native languages. So feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer your questions. :wave:

Does this include those who have Native Americans in their line of ancestry? My maternal great-great-grandmother was half Cherokee. Seriously. It is part of why 'Swain' is pronounced 'Swaim' in our family tree.

Does this include those who have Native Americans in their line of ancestry? My maternal great-great-grandmother was half Cherokee. Seriously. It is part of why 'Swain' is pronounced 'Swaim' in our family tree.

Not necessarily unless you want to know about your heritage from your great-great-grandmother. If you are curious about your heritage, then you are welcome to discuss it. I am not familiar with "Swain" or "Swaim". Is that part of the clan in your tribe Cherokee. Most clans have animals that will indicate your heritage separately from different family clans. If it is a tribe name with the bold name. Then I am not familiar with that. I can asked around to some of my elders here. They might know. You might try to contact either in Oklahoma or East coast about the Cherokee rolls that will tell you your family names. We will talk some more about it in the group section. Okay? :cool2:

Not necessarily unless you want to know about your heritage from your great-great-grandmother. If you are curious about your heritage, then you are welcome to discuss it. I am not familiar with "Swain" or "Swaim". Is that part of the clan in your tribe Cherokee. Most clans have animals that will indicate your heritage separately from different family clans. If it is a tribe name with the bold name. Then I am not familiar with that. I can asked around to some of my elders here. They might know. You might try to contact either in Oklahoma or East coast about the Cherokee rolls that will tell you your family names. We will talk some more about it in the group section. Okay? :cool2:
I am not familiar with the clan names and I have never contacted the Oklahoma or East Coast Cherokee databases to confirm this. I just take this as truth from my own maternal Grandmother who is still living. Her sisters took on A LOT of the Cherokee body traits. Dark skin, dark hair, brown eyes, even though they all identify as 'Caucasian' as their parents were identified as Caucasian. The first woman that identified as 'Caucasian' was my Great-grandmother. Ever since then, everyone in my maternal grandmother's family has identified as Caucasian despite knowing of the Native American ancestry. :idunno:

Well, you might try to poke to your grandmother about them what you mentioned that I am not familiar with. Most Cherokees like my father's family had hide their identity in order for them not to go into the reservation in Oklahoma. Living on the reservation is terrible with the government agents trying to control them. They are grieving in sorrow over what happened to their people and to themselves having to suffer in bad condition and mistreatment, especially in the Trail of Tears. No natives don't liked to be forced off from their homeland that they had been living for thousand of years. As a matter of fact we are not from India.

That is why when your great grandmother want to hide her identity and put down for Caucasian to make the white people believe that your great grandmother and your grandmother are white. I come from both of them Cherokee and Cree. Both of the my tribes have brown skin (usually if they are not spending a lot of time in the sun, they will have light brown skin), dark brown hair almost close to black and dark brown eyes. :)

Yep, you are welcome to come into my group if you want to know about different tribes. Also can you clarify what tribes are your nieces and nephew? That would be nice if you want to join into my group. :cool2:

They are half Sioux (Lower Brule Lakota). Their Aunt is an elder and through her and their father, were able to get registered with the tribe/reservation.

Eldest Niece
heather-1.jpg

Middle Nephew
dakota.jpg

Youngest Niece
amber.jpg

To Juli-terp-to-be, The pictures of your nieces and your nephew are really great and I am happy to see them as Lakota (Sioux). Thank you for the pictures. I am glad to know that they have registered with the help from their Aunt and their father. It is really important to be connected to their family. They don't have to live on the reservation if they don't want to. It is really up to the family to decide if they want to stay on in the reservation or move out of the reservation. No body force them anymore. In the old days, it was forced to move into the reservation. Now we have urban Indians living everywhere in the cities. :cool2:

Edit: Thank you Juli-terp-to-be for being in my group. :applause:

Okay, everyone, can you all discuss in the group section in the PM profile? Thank you. We can discuss them right in the group section. I love to answer your questions if I knew about their heritages. :)

To Juli-terp-to-be, The pictures of your nieces and your nephew are really great and I am happy to see them as Lakota (Sioux). Thank you for the pictures. I am glad to know that they have registered with the help from their Aunt and their father. It is really important to be connected to their family. They don't have to live on the reservation if they don't want to. It is really up to the family to decide if they want to stay on in the reservation or move out of the reservation. No body force them anymore. In the old days, it was forced to move into the reservation. Now we have urban Indians living everywhere in the cities. :cool2:

Edit: Thank you Juli-terp-to-be for being in my group. :applause:

*Bows* Ya welcome

My ex-brother-in-law was adopted off the reservation by a kind Jewish couple who had already adopted a Hopi daughter. He returned to the reservation after realizing that he couldn't live on his own in NY. He was able to get the help he needed there, as well as getting his kids registered.

It is very common to have your ex-brother-in-law be discriminated just because he is Indian to many white people there. Hard to find a job that he needed to be accepted. He is not the only one and some natives had a hard time. There are other natives who can survived in the big cities are artists and wood carvers. Some of them do find jobs that are accepted with no problem or a foot inside the door. Yes, it is easier to go back to the reservation where he can get help with jobs and getting benefits to survive.

Please go to the group section for more discussion. :)

I'm sure I have some Native American somewhere down the line, but I can't say definately or pinpoint it. I do find the culture fascinating, and in particular, have learned many interesting things concerning the various spiritual beliefs. I look to you to help me understand that which I don't know on this topic.

I'm sure I have some Native American somewhere down the line, but I can't say definately or pinpoint it. I do find the culture fascinating, and in particular, have learned many interesting things concerning the various spiritual beliefs. I look to you to help me understand that which I don't know on this topic.

:ty:, Jillio. I do hope you can find good things in your life as you believe in spiritual beliefs. We do try to pray and appreciate to the four corners, North, East, South and West. We also use the four colors to that connections, North - White, East - Yellow, South - Red and West - Black. Some other nations have a different colors for directions like North - White, East - Red, South - Yellow and West - Blue. We use Sweetgrass and Sage for spreading them (use the two fingers and thumb to hold enough Sweetgrass and Sage to spread to the wind) to the wind in each direction to thank them and to help us in our daily praying.

Hope that helps and you can join if you are curious about the spiritual beliefs. :wave:

:ty:, Jillio. I do hope you can find good things in your life as you believe in spiritual beliefs. We do try to pray and appreciate to the four corners, North, East, South and West. We also use the four colors to that connections, North - White, East - Yellow, South - Red and West - Black. Some other nations have a different colors for directions like North - White, East - Red, South - Yellow and West - Blue. We use Sweetgrass and Sage for spreading them (use the two fingers and thumb to hold enough Sweetgrass and Sage to spread to the wind) to the wind in each direction to thank them and to help us in our daily praying.

Hope that helps and you can join if you are curious about the spiritual beliefs. :wave:

Yes, thank you:ty: for that information. That is very interesting. I did not know about the colors.

I will join then, because I would like to learn more about the spiritual beliefs. What I do know just makes so much sense to me and seems to be so respectful and tolerant.

Back