Looking for a friend! I am Deaf

How about a hearing friend who is gradually becoming deaf?

I was diagnosed with Mastoiditis at the age of 2yr. and have had declining hearing ever since. At a very young age my Audiologist predicted that I would be 100% deaf before my 18 birthday. I am currently 21 and still have most of my hearing. I have had H. A. since the 2nd grade although I despise wearing them.
Over the years I have been able to feel my hearing getting worse and believe it is time to start buckling down to learn ASL. I know a few basic signs and finger spelling but my accuracy and speed in both signing and reading signs are very poor.

My mother used to take ASL classes at our local community college and she would take me to Deaf Community Night which was a dinner with her whole class where verbal communication was not allowed, ASL only. I loved being a part of that group and unfortunately had to stop after a series of unfortunate events where those meetings were terminated. I would love to be able to get involved with the deaf community where I live now but have no clue where to start. Perhaps this site will help me.

I suppose that about covers everything as far as my experience with the deaf community and being HOH myself...if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Hello everyone, I am also looking for friends. I can hear, learning sign, and making friends. I am new to this site so please contact me however you want :)

Hello dear. I am 28 and deaf but really looking for a good friend who is caring and honest.

Hello person. I reading yr msg then I understand. But I don't know woman or man? thks. Peter.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hey I'm HOH and looking for people to sign with as well, I'm 18 and for the past 4years have been learning/teaching myself ASL because my hearing has been getting worse, I'd say I'm pretty fluent but I'm always looking for people to chat with!! Let me know if anyone would like to chat sometime! :)

Mods: why cant this thread be closed? The op has not been back in years and new random people keep posting in it meeting each other derailing her purpose of the thread imo.

I not been on site for years but ICQ may have what you looking for

Back