Lifespan Interview

ChelEler

Reaction score
I am doing this for my class at local college, and I would like your help. If you prefer doing this privately, you may email your answers directly to cheleler@yahoo.com. I only need ten of you, who are deaf or hard of hearing, to answer these questions. If you are hearing without any assistive devices, please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Gender _________
Actual Age (How old do you feel? _________)
Occupation _______________
Educational Level ________________
Marital Status _______________
Number of Children _________________

1. What was the most significant event or milestone of your life to date?
2. What single “word” would best describes your 20s? 30s? 40s? 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s? 90s?
3. What developmental “blows,” if any, did you experience in your 20s? 30s? 40s? 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s? 90s? . . . How did each of these major events affect your life at that time?
4. What is your single most important “quest” or goal as you move across adulthood?
5. What has been your single most “difficult” task in adulthood?
6. Has there been a major event in “history” during your lifetime that had an effect on the outcome of your life?
7. Have you experienced any life events “unique” enough that not everyone has experienced them?
8. What do you anticipate at the closure of your lifespan?
9. What experience or event would you change about your lifespan if you could?
10. In one or two words, describe your childhood.
11. In one or two words, describe your adolescence.
12. In one or two words, describe your adulthood.
13. What has given you “resilience” or strength when you needed it?
14. Is there a motto by which you live your life philosophy?
15. Is there anything else you would care to add to this interview?
16. How are you feeling at this moment when filling this?

I’m willing to participate in your survey, but I’m not sure if I meet the stipulations. I am profoundly deaf in one ear only, with no residual hearing whatsoever. I have normal hearing in the other ear.

Levonian said:
I’m willing to participate in your survey, but I’m not sure if I meet the stipulations. I am profoundly deaf in one ear only, with no residual hearing whatsoever. I have normal hearing in the other ear.
That's interesting. I didn't think of that. Go ahead and answer the questions. Thank you.

Back