Languages

SJCSue

Reaction score
Who knows another language? I am studying French by myself. I remember the tiniest bit of Spanish. I am also learning ASL.

did french at school 6 years total misery,but i can find my way around france reading not a problem.
SJ if you deaf there little cafe in the Odean Paris,well worth going to food devine and run totally by deaf..dEPENDS on funds to get here i expect

do programming languages count? :)
I've counted them when people ask this question, then they ask me to name them... C++, C#, Java, PHP, ... they don't think it's as funny as I do.

I'm a native in English, conversational in German (understand more than I'm typically willing to speak), and learning ASL.

Now that you brought that up, Nic, I knew Pascal and Basic really well, and had a semester of assembly language and COBOL, but most of that was nearly 30 years ago!

As far as spoken languages go, no. I am not fluent in any language and can barely wing it in ASL. I know some words in Spanish (can recall numbers to billions, though), some words in Saṃskṛtam (Sanskrit), and one phrase in Arabic. I, however, created my own language to deal with the frustration in learning languages, which is called Galeh Yuvo. Look at my avatar under my name, and that is my language. I use it to hide information from people in plain sight and as spiritual practices, in which I sometimes combine Sanskrit words within Galeh Yuvo sentences.

Now that you brought that up, Nic, I knew Pascal and Basic really well, and had a semester of assembly language and COBOL, but most of that was nearly 30 years ago!

As far as spoken languages go, no. I am not fluent in any language and can barely wing it in ASL. I know some words in Spanish (can recall numbers to billions, though), some words in Saṃskṛtam (Sanskrit), and one phrase in Arabic. I, however, created my own language to deal with the frustration in learning languages, which is called Galeh Yuvo. Look at my avatar under my name, and that is my language. I use it to hide information from people in plain sight and as spiritual practices, in which I sometimes combine Sanskrit words within Galeh Yuvo sentences.
I was told to never admit knowing COBOL or someone would offer you a really well paying job that you really really don't want. :-P

DeafDucky should get the credit (blame?), he brought up the programming languages first :lol:

Fluent in English and French, conversational in Spanish and ASL. I can get around in German and Russian, but only enough to get through an airport.

Spanish as soon to be my third language, but it's written and reading only. I practice it since March 22.

Ah well now that you say that.. and I will take the blame as Nic said...

and I'll be the rebel- I know some Basic (learned in college back in the 80s in my education major amazingly), first language I really learned was COBOL (there I said it)-- most of my jobs were related to COBOL...still trying to find one right now but most tester jobs are focused on the newer tech and mobile testing now... Anyway..Also know javascript, Visual Basic (my favorite), Java, ruby, php, python.. to be fair most are more or less basic and enough to understand it. I'm always checking out courses on programming languages and other stuff like SQL, VBA, automated test tools- really need to get back to learning Selenium. Right now going through freecode camp... not too bad- some of their lessons are through Code Academy (which I did last year).

Spoken/written- took 4 years of Latin- but have forgotten most of it, 2 years of Spanish in college- forgot just about all of it sadly. And of course ASL.

try welsh sign I would imagine more sign in Sanskrit than Welsh.i could get myself around Italy and Spain but not easy

I am fluent in Cursing, sarcasm, and opinion....
oh, you mean cultural languages... nada...lol

I am fluent in Cursing, sarcasm, and opinion....
oh, you mean cultural languages... nada...lol

now that hard langage the grammer got be right the upside it international...if you really want curse anyone in middle east call them donkey it the worse thing you can say to a man

The language skills that I am working on right now with French: reading, writing, and some listening.

I would get to around French, Italy, Spanish, Japan, China, Russian, Germany, and many country languages. Fluent ASL.

Back