KFC run by Deaf in Egypt

violet

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDnbYg6KJUI]YouTube - Cairo Egypt Deaf KFC[/ame]

I thought this video was pretty interesting!

I have seen this video clip somewhere. I am wondering - are they still running in the business now? (I hope so.) Thanks for bring this up again.

I have seen this video clip somewhere. I am wondering - are they still running in the business now? (I hope so.) Thanks for bring this up again.

You're welcome I was browsing around on youtube and found it.. don't know if its still up and going but its a video from last year.. so i would hope so also :P

I saw it before too. I hope they are still running it.

Awesome! So they use ASL in Egypt? Or do they have their own SL? I could understand the Manager, but not the other workers.

I would like to see more of the Deaf workers interacting with hearing customers. It was cool how they have the customer point to what they want and give the number that they want. Seemed like they ran the place very efficiently.

Very cool! Yes, I hope they are still running it, too.

It's finally new something that deaf person can do. :)

Awesome! So they use ASL in Egypt? Or do they have their own SL? I could understand the Manager, but not the other workers.

I would like to see more of the Deaf workers interacting with hearing customers. It was cool how they have the customer point to what they want and give the number that they want. Seemed like they ran the place very efficiently.

well i dont know if you noticed but it seemed the Manager.. was very shaky with his signs.. so im guessing he just knows a few signs here and there... I think Egypt does have their own sign language :)

Yeah, maybe that's why I could understand him. LOL! I'm still learning ASL. Far from fluent.

am glad I saw that:)
I noticed the Egyptian SL alphabet along wall; anyone know who was the person outside at beginning who was introducing?

am glad I saw that:)
I noticed the Egyptian SL alphabet along wall; anyone know who was the person outside at beginning who was introducing?
You can find her profile if you click on the video that violet posted. :) She is/was a blogger.

WOW that was truly amazing! I wish they had something like this in the UK...apart from the fact that I'm vegetarian and wouldnt eat in KFC! lol

WOW that was truly amazing! I wish they had something like this in the UK...apart from the fact that I'm vegetarian and wouldnt eat in KFC! lol

Yea, it was amazing! I don't like KFC food very much but I would go it just for the joy for order in sign! :D

:ty: Brian
I don't eat fast food myself but am glad the cultural accessibility is there-

oh crap! That girl is 13 years old. She did lot of blog and interview stuff with deaf thing.

Back