Keyboard shortcuts

Secretblend

Reaction score
Is it possible to do everything by keyboard on Windows 7?

Or must do some things by mouse?

Am finding myself using computer more and more at work. I know it's faster to use keyboard shortcuts and would find it easier to remember if use it everyday.

Google is your friend. :)

Actually, shortcuts tend to vary by program.

You just have to try everything out and get an idea of how things work.

Know the key on your keyboard that looks like the Microsoft logo? That brings up the Start menu. From there, you can use the arrow to move up/down/left/right to wherever you want to go.

There's also CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+X, etc... which applies to almost every program that allows you to copy, paste, and/or cut. :)

But you didn't answer my question :) can everything be done by keyboard and without mouse?

Yes, you can do just about everything without the mouse. The only way to do that if your keyboard support programed function keys. I use lot of short cut keys on Windows 7 and CMD prompt.

Yes, it is possible to do everything on a keyboard. However, the Windows keys are limited while Unix and Linux more robust.

It depends on what you are doing for work. You can use a Cygwin console that basically puts Linux on your system and enables Emacs like keystrokes. You can also download an Emacs editor as well.

You would need to learn the new keys if you do not already know them.

You can right click with the button next to Alt on the right side...
The little menu button...
right-click-keyboard-key-300x225.jpg

Is it possible to do everything by keyboard on Windows 7?

Or must do some things by mouse?

Am finding myself using computer more and more at work. I know it's faster to use keyboard shortcuts and would find it easier to remember if use it everyday.
yes. doable by keyboard for just about everything you need to do at work.

"just about"? that tells me that there are rare few things that has to be done with mouse? If so, what are they?

Not one that I could think of that can't without mouse. Mouse only makes it alot easier that is all.

Their are shortcuts to each operation, shortcut keys of the keyboard helps us to easily perform the task at a faster rate.

Wirelessly posted

With windows, I have learned that there are always more then one way to do some function, so yes its possible to do all via keyboard. However I don't think its efficient. Using a mouse for certain commands and keyboard for other commands will help you speed up doing things. If you learn to use a highly customizable scroll mouse with 3 buttons and scroll clicks and 3-4 select buttons to do multiple tasks, and left hand for shortcut commands, you can possibly fly through on a pc. I should know- I have done it. I even had 2 mouses hooked up same time for fast switching of features.

"just about"? that tells me that there are rare few things that has to be done with mouse? If so, what are they?

such as selecting multiple items in menu or clicking on button in flash website :)

You need a mouse to draw for you in a paint program :P or play some games. You can turn on that num keypad for mouse in windows (it's called mousekey) but it just ain't the same, but it lets you get by browsing websites though. :lol:

Back