Is This A Scam?

deafskeptic

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a curious message on Facebook and I'm wondering if this is a scam? Anyone else get that on their FB account?

Hello

Congratulations !!!

We are very happy to inform you that your name

appear on the facebook deaf help promotion and we

are giving you the total sum of $200,000 USD (

Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ).

Your name was selected by Mr Mark Zuckerberg the

CEO of Facebook ( Founder & Chief Executive

Officer ) The promotion was made to make all

Facebook user benefit from the gain the company

made Facebook is a the first and ever largest

means of meeting both old and new friend.

you are advised to contact the payment department

with your full name and address on

winnerdeafpromo1@gmail.com so that they can

proceed and give you the money in real cash.

I am sure it is a scam. I keep reporting these. I also get a lot from people who want to get to know me and possibly get married. I report all of these right away.

I am sure it is a scam. I keep reporting these. I also get a lot from people who want to get to know me and possibly get married. I report all of these right away.

If something looks too good to be true, It usually is. Kevin.

I've gotten three people who want to marry me in the month since I joined FB. Grrr.. they're annoying.

Wow...

I haven't gotten any Facebook ads and such for awhile. Once in awhile, I will get a "God-fearing Muslim" who is looking for a "friend," but not the same thing as you guys!

Check your privacy settings.

I get emails from banks sometimes asking me for my personal details. I don't even have accounts with some of them. Does this happen to anyone else. Kevin.

I got it two weeks ago, i did report it and then deleted it. i knew right away because i never fill out for anything. you know?

Wow...

I haven't gotten any Facebook ads and such for awhile. Once in awhile, I will get a "God-fearing Muslim" who is looking for a "friend," but not the same thing as you guys!

Check your privacy settings.

I reset my message settings.. Thanks for the tip.

YES , that is a scam! Do not click on that link that ! I bet the person is going to tell you that you have to send X amount of $$ before you can claim your prize! I hope you did report this! I am glad you did not fall for that scam like so many people do!

YES , that is a scam! Do not click on that link that ! I bet the person is going to tell you that you have to send X amount of $$ before you can claim your prize! I hope you did report this! I am glad you did not fall for that scam like so many people do!

I didn't. I just reported it.

The problem is that when some people are offered alot of money, It's very tempting for them to take the risk. Kevin.

I get emails from banks sometimes asking me for my personal details. I don't even have accounts with some of them. Does this happen to anyone else. Kevin.

I have heard of bank phishing scams , and banks are warning people not to give any personal details about their bank accounts to people sending emails saying they need to update your bank account!

I have heard of bank phishing scams , and banks are warning people not to give any personal details about their bank accounts to people sending emails saying they need to update your bank account!

That's happened to me. Kevin.

That's happened to me. Kevin.

Did you report this to anyone? I would had called my bank and see who to report it to. I feel horrible for people that fall for this scam , someone could older and misread the email and think it from their own bank!

I didn't. I just reported it.

Great! What is done after you report it? I am asking as I wonder does happen if the cops or facebook try to find the people that send this to you.
Dateline had a show on this last week . Some woman lost a lot of money ! She was told she had a million dollars coming to her! And she lost thousands of dollars!

Back