I will ask Hearies for only one favour.....

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
Is it weird if I think

Sign
Text
Email
Pen and Paper

U
P!

would look better? Or perhaps written horizontally? (Imagine the words Sign, Text, Email, Pen and paper going downwards.) "STEP UP!" EDIT: Fired up Powerpoint for a slightly better graphic of what I mean. I didn't put "I'm Deaf" on there, but I think any of the designs would look better with that on it.

nice, but its hard to read, it might work in 20 years time, after STEP has boomed...THEN its 'reinvented' with a way-more abstract artistic treatment, but for now , esp right now, it has to be simple, Bold and Clear with lots of impact...ALSO I do think we need to use 'im Deaf' so hearing people can start to make that connection - quickly...hence the impact is not lost

Good point.

Agree that it needs to say "I'm Deaf" or something similar. Seeing as how many hearing people have never met a deaf person, they probably wouldn't get the rest of it if it isn't made really clear for them.

I will just ask NOT to shout, It makes absolutely no difference. I can understand someone so well even if they speak in a normal tone as long as they speak CLEARLY. The other thing is, when you speak to me, face me and if I ask you to repeat it, do NOT say never mind or that its not important.

...Those are my pet peeves :)

Rebecca, I think you're overreacting a bit when your kids turn off CC.

Just as much as you like to use CC, some people DON'T like to use it. If you're in the room or even around then of course, CC should be on; but when you're out of the house? Seems like you're making a big deal out of nothing.

If it's truly a problem, move the big TV and surround system downstairs and the other TV upstairs and I'm sure they'll leave you alone. But by the sounds of it, you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Quit saying you're sorry when I tell you I'm deaf. :roll:

Uhm, *MY* TV is in my 'Rebecca' room on the main floor. *Their* TV is downstairs in the 'teenager' room. They have a huge area with comfortable couch and movies. They have friends down there. Their TV is top of line and new. Mine is older and works with surround system I have.

Can anyone say, "Audist troll?" :roll:

You have to be kidding me. That's the biggest slight I've ever got from someone when I genuinely responded to one of their problems. I didn't know there was a "Rebecca room" as my family doesn't put labels or ties on rooms like that. Everyone is free to share/come and go as they please.

If your kids are willing to go through the "hassle" of turning it off then why can't you just turn it back on in the same respect? It seems as if you think they're disrespecting you by turning it off but you're not disrespecting them by keeping it on/sending them to the basement/calling it YOUR room.

This really has nothing to do with hearing or lack thereof, this has to do with you being insensitive to anyone but "Rebecca".

Rebecca, I think you're overreacting a bit when your kids turn off CC.

Just as much as you like to use CC, some people DON'T like to use it. If you're in the room or even around then of course, CC should be on; but when you're out of the house? Seems like you're making a big deal out of nothing.

If it's truly a problem, move the big TV and surround system downstairs and the other TV upstairs and I'm sure they'll leave you alone. But by the sounds of it, you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Gee, you take your hearing for granted. :roll:

Uhm, *MY* TV is in my 'Rebecca' room on the main floor. *Their* TV is downstairs in the 'teenager' room. They have a huge area with comfortable couch and movies. They have friends down there. Their TV is top of line and new. Mine is older and works with surround system I have.

Hide the remote, and 'disable' the front panel... (some tvs this is possible).

Back