I try alppy for job...

Vet
Petsmart
lots resatum
MGM
IP hotel
Smith's
Petco - Almost get job

I love clean in Vet. I can care for foods and water. Sometime gloom. I did train in Vet. Boss really love me doing that. I can help her for catch up folds...More things.
I know that other vet will hire me. But not HUH...

What the hell with VR was slow. And I call her again and again have no answer. I really anger at VR...

cant take you job here. cuz you cant hear when I call you...

You need to be stronger in this world. You should go back and tell him that your hearing is of no concern on your job that everyone can tap you on the shoulder if they need your attention. They will come up with anything to make you go away sometimes. You should write them a letter explaining about that.

I know what you mean about vocational rehabilitation. I think you should forget about them unless you go back to school..which money for tuition can be helpful.

I have asked Vocational Rehab for any openings they know of, but everytime they ask me if I need help and I reply with if they know of any openings, either they don't answer or they will turn it around and make you find it as if they have something they don't want to tell you.

I have asked someone else about vocational rehab, and she says it's the same thing and she doesn't trust Vocational Rehab.

I say, fuck Vocational Rehab and only use it for money assitance because that's all they seem to help me with, and I need it in terms of college.

If you want VR to help you find a job, then you need to go barge in their door and demand help. Tell them how long you have tried and that they aren't hiring you. I had to go there once when they wouldn't pay attention to me, so they were calmed and attended to me except that the supervisor was just a nervous asshole talking on and on about stupid stuff.

HelloKittyGal said:
You need to be stronger in this world. You should go back and tell him that your hearing is of no concern on your job that everyone can tap you on the shoulder if they need your attention. They will come up with anything to make you go away sometimes. You should write them a letter explaining about that.

I know what you mean about vocational rehabilitation. I think you should forget about them unless you go back to school..which money for tuition can be helpful.

I have asked Vocational Rehab for any openings they know of, but everytime they ask me if I need help and I reply with if they know of any openings, either they don't answer or they will turn it around and make you find it as if they have something they don't want to tell you.

I have asked someone else about vocational rehab, and she says it's the same thing and she doesn't trust Vocational Rehab.

I say, fuck Vocational Rehab and only use it for money assitance because that's all they seem to help me with, and I need it in terms of college.

If you want VR to help you find a job, then you need to go barge in their door and demand help. Tell them how long you have tried and that they aren't hiring you. I had to go there once when they wouldn't pay attention to me, so they were calmed and attended to me except that the supervisor was just a nervous asshole talking on and on about stupid stuff.

You was right. I really need the inpeterer (Not right spell) I have to pay? They told me that. I would like take inperter come with me talk to her...DAMN...

Zericsrats said:
Twice I apply Walmart. It wont hire me....HUH?
PetsMart was new build I want job there. Boss say that are you deaf? I say yes. Boss say well. I cant take you job here. cuz you cant hear when I call you...

I am so upset....
Can you say lawsuit? How about I give them a call for you... see what they tell me? ;)

Zericsrats said:
You was right. I really need the inpeterer (Not right spell) I have to pay? They told me that. I would like take inperter come with me talk to her...DAMN...
Actually, I don't think you have to pay for it. I think they are responsible for hiring an interpreter for you. Also, I don't see why they have to call you all the time. I go to PetsMart and PetCo many times... I've never heard of any calls being done. Second of all, I have a friend who can't hear but he works at a pet store and he's one of the best workers there.

VamPyroX said:
Actually, I don't think you have to pay for it. I think they are responsible for hiring an interpreter for you. Also, I don't see why they have to call you all the time. I go to PetsMart and PetCo many times... I've never heard of any calls being done. Second of all, I have a friend who can't hear but he works at a pet store and he's one of the best workers there.

Yeah, I hear who deaf work there. I am so piss off. But I will go try other petsmart and petco... WINK... TWM I am going Vet for job... If they need it HOPE FOR ME!

Zericsrats said:
Yeah, I hear who deaf work there. I am so piss off. But I will go try other petsmart and petco... WINK... TWM I am going Vet for job... If they need it HOPE FOR ME!
If you give me a phone number, I could give them a call and ask about applying for a job there... see what they say to me.

Nope, they should not make you pay at all including for job interviews. I am not sure what are some of the places that do not require that they pay for you, but most places are required by law to provide interpreters. VR is a government related organization, they cannot make you pay for interpreters for any time you need them.

Go ahead and tell VR what's going on in terms of your job status. Go in person, that way they'll listen to you. Phone calls and e-mails are things that people put off, so it's sometimes not effective.

Here's what happened with my VR counselors.

First one: He was deaf, but too adamant to allow me to choose whatever I wanted for my college major. Always brought up that you need a certain hearing. I was like fuck the hearing criteria. I am not that concerned.

Second one: Always requested a terp when I didn't ask for one because I can lipread one on one just fine. Then, I got pissed at her lack of help with setting up informative interviews for potential careers in the future. She just changed and was not the same person anymore, so fuck her, too.

Third one: Just new, never met. He and I communicated via e-mail. Last time he said if I needed help with finding a job, then I asked if he knew of any openings and to let him know if I had a job. He never responded, and now I wonder why the heck does he want to know where I will work? Just to make their service look good? Excuse me, but no I will not let him know.

Can you believe that 3 of them just sucks?

Zeric, you may want to try Easter Seals. Look it up online and enter your zip code on their website. It's a similar organization, but they are private and not government-owned, but I don't think you pay for their assisted help. Many times private organizations help out more than government related organizations.

Zericsrats said:
I try alppy for job...

Vet
Petsmart
lots resatum
MGM
IP hotel
Smith's
Petco - Almost get job

I love clean in Vet. I can care for foods and water. Sometime gloom. I did train in Vet. Boss really love me doing that. I can help her for catch up folds...More things.

What the hell with VR was slow. And I call her again and again have no answer. I really anger at VR...

Yes, that's so typical of Harriett. Many deaf peoople complained about her. She is not doing a good job placing deaf people into employment.

HelloKittyGal said:
Nope, they should not make you pay at all including for job interviews. I am not sure what are some of the places that do not require that they pay for you, but most places are required by law to provide interpreters. VR is a government related organization, they cannot make you pay for interpreters for any time you need them.

Go ahead and tell VR what's going on in terms of your job status. Go in person, that way they'll listen to you. Phone calls and e-mails are things that people put off, so it's sometimes not effective.

Here's what happened with my VR counselors.

First one: He was deaf, but too adamant to allow me to choose whatever I wanted for my college major. Always brought up that you need a certain hearing. I was like fuck the hearing criteria. I am not that concerned.

Second one: Always requested a terp when I didn't ask for one because I can lipread one on one just fine. Then, I got pissed at her lack of help with setting up informative interviews for potential careers in the future. She just changed and was not the same person anymore, so fuck her, too.

Third one: Just new, never met. He and I communicated via e-mail. Last time he said if I needed help with finding a job, then I asked if he knew of any openings and to let him know if I had a job. He never responded, and now I wonder why the heck does he want to know where I will work? Just to make their service look good? Excuse me, but no I will not let him know.

Can you believe that 3 of them just sucks?

Zeric, you may want to try Easter Seals. Look it up online and enter your zip code on their website. It's a similar organization, but they are private and not government-owned, but I don't think you pay for their assisted help. Many times private organizations help out more than government related organizations.

or Goodwill. Las Vegas has Goodwill, so perhaps, it will help Zeriscats? Maybe you can try to apply for postal office or Citibank where some deaf people work there. Try that.

Oddball said:
Yes, that's so typical of Harriett. Many deaf peoople complained about her. She is not doing a good job placing deaf people into employment.
I think you can request a different counselor. I did and got what I wanted. I used to have VR support when graduated from high school. They assigned his guy to me and I ended up going through hell with him. He gave me a hard time with going to school. He wouldn't support me for going to UNT (University of North Texas). I ended up going to community college because that's what he said he would only support me with. I spent 3 years going to that college. By the third year, my VR counselor kept complaining that he was wasting his money on me when I'm not focusing on school. Later, I went to school to register the next semester and was informed to see someone in the back office... as usual. This time, I got curious about what it was for so I finally took the time to investigate what was really going on. They told me that what I was doing was signing paperwork to get approval for free tuition. I then found out that I had already been going to that community college for free for the last 3 years. My VR counselor had lied to me! I could have gone to UNT with only support for housing instead! Jeez! So, I went back to my VR counselor and told him to close my case for I no longer needed his help any more. The weird thing was... the office I went to was 45 minutes from my house! Anyway, a couple years later... I decided to go back to school and finish my education for good. I found out from a friend that there was another VR office branch only 5 minutes from my house! I decided to check it out and they referred me to my old counselor. I then told them that I wanted someone new at that new location and they gave me someone. Finally, she did everything in 3 months that my other counselor did nothing in 3 years with! Now, I'm glad to have what I got.

Like I said, it wouldn't hurt to try to request a different counselor! :thumb:

HelloKittyGal said:
Are you serious? You can type 200 words per minute? :jaw:

How did you get to type that fast? :ugh:

Because he is a bonic man. He may be a son of Six Million Dollars man. :smoking:

Zericsrats said:
I try alppy for job...

Vet
Petsmart
lots resatum
MGM
IP hotel
Smith's
Petco - Almost get job

Try go to State of Nevada Commission for the Deaf to find Case Manager to network to find you a job like Mental Health for the Deaf to work with mental retarded deaf clients. It will be a good starting with your career. They will pay you for your tuition if you are interesting to work with human service to work with people.

I really enjoy to work with Deaf clients so far because it is a good challenge and experience for me. When you help them, it makes you feel good about yourself. :D

ha, is that true?

Yes, it doesn't hurt to find another counselor. They could turn out to help you better than they did to me. The second deaf counselor was hearing who had a deaf brother. :dunno:

We have GoodWill. The post office pay really good money. Up to 40,000 with experience. :naughty: I have a uncle who works there. Seem to earn good money. :thumb:

Last edited:
I found this website

Zericsrats said:
I try alppy for job...

Vet
Petsmart
lots resatum
MGM
IP hotel
Smith's
Petco - Almost get job

You may like to browse this websites. It was from Boston News.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/employment/index.html

What Not to Say in an Interview

An interview can be incredibly stressful: You often have only a few minutes to show an interviewer how capable, confident and intelligent you are.

And remember: The interviewer isn't just evaluating WHAT you say, but also HOW you say it. She's asking herself: Are you well-spoken? Do you sound polished and professional? Are your answers clear and concise?

If you've spent all of your time working on the content of your answers, you now need to focus on the delivery.

Read on for some interview "talking tips."

Skip the 'Filler'

When an interviewer asks a question, you may feel like you should fill the silence right away. Or, after you start speaking, perhaps you realize you're not sure what you want to say and need to stall.

That's when most people use "like," "ya know" and "ummm."

These words are common in many people's vocabularies. They're simply verbal filler that we've become accustomed to using. But they're not very professional.

Taking time to think about a question, rather than rushing to answer, can help eliminate the need to use filler.

Like any habit, this one will take time to break. So start practicing before you have an actual interview.

Don't Jargon Your Way Out of a Job

You say: "Our value proposition is to create synergy while leveraging our respective ROIs."

The interviewer thinks: "Huh?"

You don't need to use jargon to sound knowledgeable in an interview. First, don't assume the interviewer is familiar with the jargon.

Also, as many interviewers will tell you, people often use a lot of fancy jargon when they want to disguise the fact that they aren't completely confident in what they're saying.

So speak simply and coherently and your intelligence should speak for itself.

Why Slang Is 'Way Bad'

Here's the 411 on slang in interviews.

Never use slang in an interview. You should speak to an interviewer just as you would to a business colleague or even a boss. That means you must sound polished and professional.

Also, the interviewer (who may not be as cool as you are) may have no idea what you're saying when you use slang.

Last, never, EVER, use profanity in an interview. There's simply no place for it.

Don't Answer Before You've Been Asked

You want to make a good impression on an interviewer. You want to seem knowledgeable, confident and engaged. So when the interviewer starts to ask you a question, you jump on it, right?

Wrong.

First, it's rude to interrupt.

Second, you may incorrectly assume that you know what the interviewer was going to ask and answer the wrong question.

Third, you won't have time to think about your answer before you start speaking, which can lead to lots of mid-sentence "ummms" to stall for time.

When an interviewer asks a question, it's tempting to answer quickly, especially if you're nervous. Don't. Instead, wait for her to finish speaking, then take a deep breath and collect your thoughts. Then answer the question.

You'll appear calm, confident and polite. And, after taking a moment to think, you'll probably give a much better answer too.

VamPyroX said:
I think you can request a different counselor. I did and got what I wanted. I used to have VR support when graduated from high school. They assigned his guy to me and I ended up going through hell with him. He gave me a hard time with going to school. He wouldn't support me for going to UNT (University of North Texas). I ended up going to community college because that's what he said he would only support me with. I spent 3 years going to that college. By the third year, my VR counselor kept complaining that he was wasting his money on me when I'm not focusing on school. Later, I went to school to register the next semester and was informed to see someone in the back office... as usual. This time, I got curious about what it was for so I finally took the time to investigate what was really going on. They told me that what I was doing was signing paperwork to get approval for free tuition. I then found out that I had already been going to that community college for free for the last 3 years. My VR counselor had lied to me! I could have gone to UNT with only support for housing instead! Jeez! So, I went back to my VR counselor and told him to close my case for I no longer needed his help any more. The weird thing was... the office I went to was 45 minutes from my house! Anyway, a couple years later... I decided to go back to school and finish my education for good. I found out from a friend that there was another VR office branch only 5 minutes from my house! I decided to check it out and they referred me to my old counselor. I then told them that I wanted someone new at that new location and they gave me someone. Finally, she did everything in 3 months that my other counselor did nothing in 3 years with! Now, I'm glad to have what I got.

Like I said, it wouldn't hurt to try to request a different counselor! :thumb:

I agree with you no more, but I have to stress on you that LV VR needs some improvment. I am telling you about Harriet. When I came to Clark County Dept of VR requesting for a counselor, I reminded a lady that I want a different counselor rather than Harriet. A lady told me to see Harriet instead, so I struggled to tell her that I did not wish to see Harriet many times. Many times. Poor lady knew that Deaf people hate Harriet, had no choice except telling them to see Harriet. I fed up and left (ofc I did see Harriet in person later).

Anyway, Harriet is a TOP counselor and only counselor for the Deaf. Her signing skills are lousy. She is not helpful enough to assist Deaf people to seek jobs in Las Vegas. Plus, she is ego ridden and abusing power. It is unfair to Deaf people. No other counselors have knowledge of Deaf culture or language in order to assist Deaf people as well. It is very dreading and frustrating for Deaf people in Las Vegas.

In the addition, Clark County has only two VR departments (Las Vegas and Henderson). One counselor for the Deaf is working in both cities. No other Deaf counselors at all. Just fucking Harriet.

Right now, I am out of college with MS degree in Rehabilitation Counseling for the Deaf.

No worries, Vampy. A friend of mine had contacted Carson City Dept of VR for the petition. She should get petitions from Carson City soon, so she will collect many signatures of Deaf people in Las Vegas in order to terminate Harriet's position or replace her. I do want her out for good. :fu2: at Harriet!!

Last edited:
Sabrina said:
Try go to State of Nevada Commission for the Deaf to find Case Manager to network to find you a job like Mental Health for the Deaf to work with mental retarded deaf clients. It will be a good starting with your career. They will pay you for your tuition if you are interesting to work with human service to work with people.

I really enjoy to work with Deaf clients so far because it is a good challenge and experience for me. When you help them, it makes you feel good about yourself. :D

What about Southern Nevada Center of Independent Living? www.sncil.org

:dunno:

Back