I guess there's a benefit of my dad having a girlfriend AND a wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

Knockoffs are not made in sweatshops or anything like that. They are actually SUPPLIED by the company who DESIGNED them. Yes, the line from Wal-Mart and the line from Gucci are made by the SAME company.

Here, you're saying that Wal-Mart and Gucci have the same designers. And that they use the same factory. I had no idea that Tom Ford designed for WAL MART!

(Actually, I don't know if Ford is still at Gucci...but whatever.)

Like Shel, I love fashion. I also LOVE runway shows. I'm very artsy. There's nothing wrong with admiration.

My information is not false. Ever heard of "parent companies"? Do you know who Pinault Printemps Redoute is? Do your research who PPR supplies. I don't need to do your homework. We're not in grammar school anymore, so why would I? You and I are both college-educated, we can find this stuff out for ourselves.

Let me compare to what I know about: dog kibbles. Everyone loves Innova EVO and California Naturals because they're supposedly the best grain-free diet out there. What most don't know is that Procter and Gamble, owner of Iams, own Natura Pet Foods. Now P&G has been working on changing the ingredients and factory-line around, but most people who don't follow consumer reports don't know this. You see, they think Natura Pet Foods and Eukanuba are two separate companies, which in actuality they're both owned by P&G.

It's the same sham regarding Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada. Two different names, both carry same products, different prices, the corporate cats fool everyone into thinking they're getting "a deal," by having the two sibling companies play against each others.

What does dog food have to do with Gucci?!

SERIOUSLY! AND bleach is bleach. Tide, off-brand, whatever. I get the cheapest. It works the same.

That doesn't mean that a Wal Mart shirt is the same as a Gucci shirt!

and yes i know what a parent company is. ugh. Dior, Moet, and LV are owned under the same parent company (with a host of other brands).

But that does not mean that Dior has the same designers as, say, Wal-Mart.

I'm STILL waiting for you to show me the proof that Wal-Mart and Gucci utilize the same factory. I'd be really surprised.

Seemed pretty clear to me that he was just using the names Gucci and Walmart to set up a hypothetical example. Perhaps he could have used a few more words to make that clear? But you're smart enough to know that. Instead, what I see you doing here is targeting the semantics of a single sentence while ignoring the larger argument presented. We have a couple people on this board who are quite good at this snaky little method of argumentation. No surprise that those same two people seem to be your only supporters.

What does dog food have to do with Gucci?!

SERIOUSLY! AND bleach is bleach. Tide, off-brand, whatever. I get the cheapest. It works the same.

That doesn't mean that a Wal Mart shirt is the same as a Gucci shirt!

For someone who was educated in the soft sciences, and doesn't what branch her own field falls under, do I have to point you to this?

Parent company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Subsidiary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, the whole business hierarchy is the reason why I gave up being an anti-capitalist.

Seemed pretty clear to me that he was just using the names Gucci and Walmart to set up a hypothetical example. Perhaps he could have used a few more words to make that clear? But you're smart enough to know that. Instead, what I see you doing here is targeting the semantics of a single sentence while ignoring the larger argument presented. We have a couple people on this board who are quite good at this snaky little method of argumentation. No surprise that those same two people seem to be your only supporters.

No, I just really wanted to stress that Wal Mart and Gucci do not have the same designers.

My dad owns a "parent company". Brands he sells are subsidiaries of his. But he doesn't use the same factory for everything. Yes, plastics factories in China have more than one customer. It doesn't mean it's the *exact same product*. That would be intellectual theft.

Also, just because my dad has product A that retails cheap ($1) does not mean that Product B at $60 under another line was just as inexpensive to make.

And just because some Puma shit was made in a subcontracted factory years ago doesn't mean that Gucci was made there, even if the same parent factory owns both brands...Gucci was under all this fire years ago for that. It was so stupid.

oh, sorry, I meant to say that the subcontracted factory was a sweatshop.

Does it make it illegal that I found and bought an old Coach purse from a thrift store for really cheap? It has the serial number on it.

I just cant imagine working so many hours just to pay thousands on a purse but like I said before if I was disgustly rich, maybe I would. I wouldnt know until that happens (which is not likely unless I win the lottery).

tumblrkyamfkxh481qzi80d.gif

Does it make it illegal that I found and bought an old Coach purse from a thrift store for really cheap? It has the serial number on it.

I just cant imagine working so many hours just to pay thousands on a purse but like I said before if I was disgustly rich, maybe I would. I wouldnt know until that happens (which is not likely unless I win the lottery).

nope & i agree. i'm not spending thousands on a purse either!

(but you are free to gift me what you like.)

Where did I mention "rich Jews?" Point it out to me. I don't use people at all. You don't know who I am.

And if this thread was about gifts coming from your dad's mistress, you obviously have issues and wanted to flaunt it.

So now, why are you trying to personally attack me? Question my integrity?

Side note: PFH, you're going on ignore now. Enough.

Funny... I never told her about that. :wave:

Oh, honestly? You had to dig that up? Get a life, would you? That does not mean anything actually. I don't even see that post as degrading, just a simple observation. Go spend time with your child instead of on here.

Right now, you're not worth my time because you have NO idea who I really am and you're judging me. You ARE attacking me and I will have none of that.
Oh snap.

Even I didn't know you posted that on here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back