I cannot start Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

JoeyDeafNinja

Reaction score
That's right, folks! I can't start FSDB for awhile because they said I have to have IEPs meeting and have to start Mainstream school. Damn Mainstream school! Is there other way to around?

Do the IEP meeting. They did mine a few weeks before school started. Tell your parents or guardien to call the school and set up an appointment to do an IEP meeting.

Just have your parents request the IEP from your home school district immediately.

Unfortunately, Florida School for the D & B is just following the law. There are certain procedures that have to be followed for everything to be legal and for funding to be possible.

Once the IEP meeting has taken place, it should just be a matter of days before you are attending the deaf school.

Someone which I don't know who or where they call from; called my Grandma and told her that they will set appointment, not us. And told her that I have to start Mainstream...Grandma said she will call again tomorrow.

good luck. remember - don't scream and curse :)

Just have your parents request the IEP from your home school district immediately.

Unfortunately, Florida School for the D & B is just following the law. There are certain procedures that have to be followed for everything to be legal and for funding to be possible.

Once the IEP meeting has taken place, it should just be a matter of days before you are attending the deaf school.

My grandma will do that tomorrow

Someone which I don't know who or where they call from; called my Grandma and told her that they will set appointment, not us. And told her that I have to start Mainstream...Grandma said she will call again tomorrow.

Start mainstream, could mean you transport back and forth from St. Augustine High School to FSDB... Which is what I did. I took 4 classes at St. Augustine High School and 3 classes at FSD. :)

Yes, the home school will set the appt, but you can request that it be done ASAP. Keep a record of everytime your grandma requests an IEP so if they delay, you have evidence of it. Technically, you are entitled to an IEP meeting 45 days from the time your grandma called to request it.

Start mainstream, could mean you transport back and forth from St. Augustine High School to FSDB... Which is what I did. I took 4 classes at St. Augustine High School and 3 classes at FSD. :)

Well I prefer full classes there at FSDB.

Ugh, Joey, I'm sorry -- I know you had your heart set on starting right away! Good luck getting that IEP meeting set up, and fast!

Well I prefer full classes there at FSDB.

Why? Several students there mainstream to St Augustine High schools. We are provided with interpretors and everything. I enjoyed it.

It will depend on your IEP meeting and your previous school records. FSDB do not provide certain classes that are in your IEP.

Why? Several students there mainstream to St Augustine High schools. We are provided with interpretors and everything. I enjoyed it.

It will depend on your IEP meeting and your previous school records. FSDB do not provide certain classes that are in your IEP.

Right. And he will be with other deaf students, so it won't be like the mainstream that he has been used to. I'm sure that's what he is thinking of.

Tell FSDB you are very athletic, and FSDB will do anything to put you in.

Right. And he will be with other deaf students, so it won't be like the mainstream that he has been used to. I'm sure that's what he is thinking of.

I agree.. I think he thinks he will be the only deaf student there. FSDB bus will transport the students to SAHS in the Morning and shuttle back and forth at the end of each class period. Til all the students are back on FSDB campus.

I agree.. I think he thinks he will be the only deaf student there. FSDB bus will transport the students to SAHS in the Morning and shuttle back and forth at the end of each class period. Til all the students are back on FSDB campus.

That looks good idea plus I will not be only student there? I will think about it.

Back