how to clear up snow

Shovel or snowblower

• Shoveling damn snow

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Snow blower damn snow

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
I personally not do shoveling or snow blower. I am not male!

LOL sometimes, i dont have choice to shovel or use snowblower snow. I am female. :lol:

Nothing here, rarely to have snow.

I used lived in heavily snow area and had use shovel or snow blower, it's not enjoy to use like that or use vehicle with AWD or 4x4 (snow tire) would get out of driveway without need shovel it off.

We have so much snow this year! Luckily I bought an electric snowblower so my husband didn't have to work quite as hard...

But cutting up and removing the tree that fell on the house because of the snow was a replacement for the hard work of shoveling. :(

When you have kids, there isn't much incentive in buying a snowblower! We don't get much snow anyway, but it is a pain with a gravel driveway.

I have always shovelled - we have a snow blower, it is a great big beast (over 200 pounds) and I have always been rather afraid to tackle it. When we experience a large snowfall, I do as much as I can and then leave the real big work to hubby and the blower (I work from home, he does not, so I do the majority of the shovelling). However, we did get a huge dump of snow a few weeks back when my husband was out of town. There was no way I could shovel it all so I put on my "you-can-do-it suit" and faced the monster blower. I read all the instructions and wrestled it out of the garage. At that point, my son came home from school and, together, we got it running. It took a little trial-and-error (I misdirected the chute a few times and covered my son with snow ha!) but eventually we got the driveways and sidewalks cleared - success! I was so proud of myself for conquering the blower beast! So, now I know I can use it if I need to BUT I am not going to make a habit of it. haha

A few years ago when the mid-atlantic got hit with 3 snowstorms, a retired gentleman a few doors down from me used his snowblower to clear neighbors driveways. I can't remember, but I may have sent him a gift card as a thank you. I know I did that when I lived in another neighborhood and a neighbor did our driveway for us. And I also sent a gift card to my elderly neighbor who mowed my front lawn (and did some weedwacking) when my husband was in the hospital and after my husband passed away.

Back