HOH Adult

iscreamncake

Reaction score
hey, im Chanel. i'm 22. i just started losing my hearing, enough to need hearing aids. I have severe hearing loss because of stupid middle ear. BUT i am learning sign language and want to be more actively involved in the Deaf community.

how are you?:hmm:

Hello am new here like to have a male friend from Chicago,Florida and Ohio and anywhere not far from me Ohio,am a hearing so i need someone who can help me to translate

Hello

Nice to meet you. I recently lost my hearing as the result of a car accident and am learning sign language. Having someone to practice with would be a big help.

sorry i know it sounds really weird lol but my middle ear is the cause of my hearing loss. so yeah stupid middle ear

my hearing loss is from nerve damage but I not call it stupid .
People might get the wrong idea , as there are 'stupid' people that think if someone is deaf or hoh they're stupid. I will not use stupid to describe my hearing loss, this is my feeling about this but you're free to call it whatever you want.

In what way is your middle ear messed up? My stapes (in each ear) don't vibrate at all

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum, Chanel. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Woo hoo for nerve damage, and woo hoo for middle ears, and hurrah for mixed loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

my hearing loss is from nerve damage but I not call it stupid .
People might get the wrong idea , as there are 'stupid' people that think if someone is deaf or hoh they're stupid. I will not use stupid to describe my hearing loss, this is my feeling about this but you're free to call it whatever you want.

i didnt even think about it. no not at all. i am sorry very valid point, not to mean anyone HOH, deaf or in between is stupid. i just meant my middle ear is on bs and decides when to work except in my right ear its never....womp

thanks safari, for explaining that (yuppp), my middle ear isn't allowing sound to move through out my ear. i was supposed to get CI awhile ago but my parents declined. :applause:

oh thanks to everyone who said hey to me=):ty:

i didnt even think about it. no not at all. i am sorry very valid point, not to mean anyone HOH, deaf or in between is stupid. i just meant my middle ear is on bs and decides when to work except in my right ear its never....womp

thanks safari, for explaining that (yuppp), my middle ear isn't allowing sound to move through out my ear. i was supposed to get CI awhile ago but my parents declined. :applause:

oh thanks to everyone who said hey to me=):ty:

you're welcome :) I know how you feel but hopefully with that issue, I can get the Naida soon LOL!!!!!!! *purple set is to be kept as backup after that*

Back