Hi looking for tips because Im HOH

Reaction score
Hi I'm queenravenclaw,
I'm 20 years old and got my first hearing aids when I was 16. As a kid I was always getting ear infections. I'm here to learn tips on how to do every day life when I sometimes don't hear the phone or the door.

I got my first hearing aids at 18 but was diagnosed at 16 with hearing loss..I'm now 22 and also canadian:)

well get this, there are hearing aids with techie accessories now LOL
for me, I have the streamer which can be used to listen to ipod and talk on the phone since it has bluetooth
BTW, I had my 1st hearing aid around when I was 18 months old.

Check out these things:

Phone:
Get an Iphone or Android phone, data plan only: $30-40 a month.
Get AOL Instant Messenger on the phone: free
With the relay service you can call anyone.
You can also use Visual Voicemail app.
I'm also checking out Hamilton Relay.

Music:
Get a hearing aid that can handle Bluetooth or FM.
Get an FM or Bluetooth sound system.
With this you can plug into the the TV, MP Player, etc..
Music goes directly to the aid.

Don't worry, your disability will not stop you from doing anything in life.

Check out these things:

Phone:

Music:

Don't worry, your disability will not stop you from doing anything in life.

we can't do the data plan only in Canada unfortunately..just get the cheapest day plan though..but if you are hoh I'd imagine you prob use the phone still?

well get this, there are hearing aids with techie accessories now LOL
for me, I have the streamer which can be used to listen to ipod and talk on the phone since it has bluetooth
BTW, I had my 1st hearing aid around when I was 18 months old.

ugh I have a streamer too but when I try getting it work with my phone i can't type the long pin that I am suppose to type in on my phone so it locked me out. and I'm too poor for a ipod or anything or I end up breaking it. I"ve had my tape recorder for almost a year and haven't broken it but its not bluetooth able.

queenravenclaw said:
I am getting some devices for the home:
1)Clarity Alertmaster with door button(will literaly safe my life cuz i never hear the door)
2)Clarity Alertmaster Reciver
3)Smoke and Carbon monoxide Alarm
4)Remote visual signalling device
5)Hearing aids and streamer. I'm HOH and so having hearing aids helps but I never use the streamer. But I've had the hearing aids and streamer for almost 4 years now.
http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/94287-most-useful-devices-deaf-people-2.html#post1916025

VacationGuy234 said:
Phone:

Music:

I'm too poor atm I'm waiting to get a job before I maybe get a bb but a visual voicemail sounds awesome!!! wat the heck is SIP relay? I have a hearing aid that does bluetooth but it doesn't want to work with my stupid phone there's this long pin and it doesn't let me type it in all the way. When I was listening to my taperecorder yesterday I tried something. I turned bluetooth on and then put the earbuds where the sound travels and it surprising worked.

and @ aliciaM: I use speakerphone and sometimes the other person does not hear what I am saying or the person who called does not speak clearly enough. Like this morning i was asking the other person on the phone what company they were from and they weren't answering me so my mom picked up the phone and she's more HOH then me and it just contstantly goes on like that. But ppl in my family accept that I'd rather use speakerphone,ppl who don't know us don't realize their on speakerphone and then there are the ppl who call and they don't speak clearly and so its diffcult to understand them.

Back