Hello everyone :)

cececanthearyuu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, found this community on a deaf University website on how to connect with more deaf people. I was born HoH and learned sign language as a baby to help communicate better though once I got hearing aids I started speaking and completely dropped ASL, so my parents never continued teaching me. I’m 16 now and in high school and trying to learn ASL and get involved with the Deaf community.

I don’t have much of a deaf community at my school as a majority have hearing aids/CIs, are in a special needs class or just don’t care for learning ASL… I’m only in ASL 2 so my knowledge on signing is not all there but I’m hoping that I’m accepted as a HoH person in this community! :)

Hi everyone, found this community on a deaf University website on how to connect with more deaf people. I was born HoH and learned sign language as a baby to help communicate better though once I got hearing aids I started speaking and completely dropped ASL, so my parents never continued teaching me. I’m 16 now and in high school and trying to learn ASL and get involved with the Deaf community.

I don’t have much of a deaf community at my school as a majority have hearing aids/CIs, are in a special needs class or just don’t care for learning ASL… I’m only in ASL 2 so my knowledge on signing is not all there but I’m hoping that I’m accepted as a HoH person in this community! :)
welcome and make yourself at home

Back