Good Reads!

User_Removed

Reaction score
Hello fellow bookworms! Let's talk about our GoodReads lists! Here are the criteria:
  • No spoilers!
  • No erotica.
  • Do not bash others' tastes.
  • Communication over spelling and grammar! It is better to understand one's meaning than for their spelling and grammar to be perfect.
  • You don't necessarily have to have a GR account to participate.
  • Graphic novels and comic books are considered literature and can definitely be included in the discussion.
  • No "Book VS Film" rants-- they are two different mediums and rarely mesh together well. Also, there are books based on films such as 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke so that kind of mucks the whole idea up.

What are you reading right now??
I'm bopping between Welcome to Nightvale by Fink & Cranor, the Showa series by Mizuki, Dead Wake and The Garden of Beasts by Larson, and The Hunt For Vulcan by Levenson.

I'm also a fan of the Oxford Comma :blah:

Reading a trilogy called The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I don't usually read this type of book but a friend told me to give it a try and got hooked on the first character so now I have to read the entire trilogy. I am glad it gotten my interest and am enjoying it. read the first two and reading the last one now. Problem is I am also reading two other books at the same time and trying to work on asl studies... the books are taking a backseat to that but I still keep reading them, just not as much. Other two books: Flowers for Algernon, written by Daniel Keyes. The second one a re read. The Black Ice: Harry Bosch Series Michael Connelly. Welcome to Nightvale is on my list....just finished Mount Dragon, a Preston and Child novel.

"A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Hosseini

It's very good - it is a story of two women in war ravaged Afghanistan.

I'm reading dog training books and a novel called "The Gilded Hour", the beginning of what I think is a set - it's about two doctors who happen to be female in the 1880'S N.Y. One of the the women is also a person of mixed race. It's really good, I recommended it to my mom who also love to read. My dad likes to read too and is reading quite a bit since he retired from third shift security, at age 80.

I've heard that book by Hosseini is supposed to be pretty good, too.

"The Hunt for Vulcan" seems intriguing....

Hi, I do not mean to sound like a party pooper, but this forum OP started could/should have been started under Outdoors & Indoors for books, etc.. for easy tracking. Maybe MOD or Alex can move it? Not that it matters as long as you keep getting : hits and/or bumps.

Anyway, to be on topic: I used to read my Dad's Louis L'Amour Western novels.

Hi, I do not mean to sound like a party pooper, but this forum OP started could/should have been started under Outdoors & Indoors for books, etc.. for easy tracking. Maybe MOD or Alex can move it? Not that it matters as long as you keep getting : hits and/or bumps.

Anyway, to be on topic: I used to read my Dad's Louis L'Amour Western novels.

A few of least used subforums were removed and threads moved to General Chat where it's used frequently.

I liked the book called 'A walk in the woods ' I don't buy books a lot I get them from the public library , I gave my book to care package to be send to troops
at war . I was told by one woman the troops are going to love that book . So I would say this is a good read .

I love to read will be going to the libray soon to get some new books! I am currently reading mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine. It's a story told from an Asperger's point of view. Very interesting! She takes things very literally.

I'm currently re-reading my favourite book series; The Darren Shan Saga by Darren Shan
And I'm also reading an autobiography about Lindsey Stirling; the dancing violinist. It's called 'The Only Pirate at the Party'.

I love to read will be going to the libray soon to get some new books! I am currently reading mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine. It's a story told from an Asperger's point of view. Very interesting! She takes things very literally.
I will try to check into this , I have a niece that has Asperger's .

I really fell in love with Louise Erdrich. She is beautiful, beautiful storyteller. I am currently reading her book "The Plague of Doves".
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2227528.The_Plague_of_Doves
The language is so poetic yet not all all monotone. On the contrary, I can't wait what's next.

The first book of her I rad was "The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse". Also wonderful book with a twist.
Please, please read Louise books!

I also strongly recommend books by Jeannette Walls.

Fuzzy

WDYS! I'm reading a book of stories of adults with autism, put together by Dr. Temple Grandin, who has autism herself, "Different, Not Less" - http://www.amazon.com/Different-Not-Less-Achievement-Successful/dp/1935274600
I think it's very good. I really enjoy her books-
I read of Dr. Temple Grandin and was reading one of her book and had to return it to the public library b/c it was on a waiting list. She is an amazing woman and
does a lot to help farm animals have a better life .

Back