glee tonight

Darn, I would like to see this video about Glee with captions on it. It would be nice if they did includes international.

Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

I watched it - the part where they had signed song - I stopped right in the middle.... just right after the hearies joined in.

Nice to have deaf awareness.

Wasn't too impressive of an ASL use. It was signed code for each word, rather than ASL. Some signing singers looked like hearing as well.

The deaf kid was not singing. He was reciting the lyrics. And the voices of the hearing students did not "cover him up. They complimented his recitation by adding a melody line. I heard his voice clearly throughout the entire scene.

If you watch closely, you will see that the hearing students are looking at the deaf students, and copying their signs. They are following the direction the deaf students are providing in the signing.

:gpost:

I watched it - the part where they had signed song - I stopped right in the middle.... just right after the hearies joined in.

Nice to have deaf awareness.

Wasn't too impressive of an ASL use. It was signed code for each word, rather than ASL. Some signing singers looked like hearing as well.

I suck at ASL so i wasnt sure if this was Code or a VERY ASL interpretation of the song. However, either way, I thought it was gorgeous!

As for the Deaf Choir Teacher... i do believe that everyone here has a right to their own opinion. However, i think that many people here are viewing only the negative on him because they have not seen the entire series. The whole series has not backed away from ANY stereotype, for which I am thankful. A few episodes before this they tackled people who use wheelchairs in a similar fashion. Took the worst experiences possible and put them all into 1 sequence. I'm sure there are people in Disability forums who are argueing that now people think those are the only problems they have, or that people who use wheelchairs can't be functional because they face so many issues. I think that, generally, it raises awareness, and gives people something to talk about. One of my best friends once said that she would much rather have someone come up to her and say something dumb/possibly offensive than to go the whole day without speaking to anyone because they were afraid to offend her. She is aware of the looks she gets every day as she drives through the mall or work in her chair. Perhaps now people will have something to say to her.
Secondly, the deaf teacher IS actually being a jerk in this episode. In the final episode he is communicating easily with a teacher from the Female Juvie School Glee Club without even looking at her (which may have been an oversight), but he is not being a d*ck to her. I think the deaf teacher was being a d*ck because he thought the hearing teacher thought he needed 'pity help' with his choir, which was not the intention at all. The Cheerleader coach "Sue" has been trying to sabotage the club all series.
wow.. i hope that made sense to everyone :S
Just my opinion anyway!
*EQL*

did you see tonight's episode of glee? they had kids from a fictional deaf school's glee club perform a song in sign language. what did you think of it?

I had watched all the episodes of season 1 and currently finished up with season 1 first episode "Glee Audition". I am waiting for the next episode in which Glee club goes Britney to dance, in the mean time their coach feel bad about it. She just went to that place to see that what those guys were really doing here. Paramore will also receive some attention as Lea Michele sings "The Only Exception." I shall surely watch glee tonight online as Dianna is changing her look in this episode. In this episode Britney Spears acting as a show stopper.

Back