From a person that hates deaf people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, it was all just an unfunny joke.

If you scroll down the page, you will see a comment by Brandon that says:

"Just for the record. The post was made months ago. It was a joke. The pictures are from flickr and are unrelated to the post. Last time I heard, in the U.S., it’s still legal to own a gun.

I love deaf people. Really. I am a deaf person myself, having lost my hearing in my late-twenties. Unfortunately, some people took it upon themselves to read without comprehension and began shooting off at the keyboard.

As for my own ugliness. I’ll admit, I’m no prize. Perhaps you should – along with practicing a little more critical reading – take a look in the mirror sometimes.

I’m no threat to anyone. But closeminded, knee-jerk, group-think certainly is. You people have a nice night. And maybe next time, you’ll take a moment or two to think before you react."

What I want to know is, how does this guy think this is funny?

Right...

Even a person who profess in satires would foresee that it would not be taken lightly-- and would refrain from such manner. It's okay to be satirical, but sometimes it goes too far and lose all of its original meaning.

It reads more of someone who is a fanatic or has twisted mind, than any acceptable form of written humour. Yes, such thing has been written, but usually there's a pretext that would make it painfully obvious that the whole thing is a farce and usually build up the reader to the point where they don't recognize it's an outrageous statement.

hate the deaf?

I think the writer uses an unfortunate choice of words to express his feelings.
I feel sorry for the hearing world in that the only thing they base their conclusions to function in this world is sound. It is a world of sound , however,
when I lost my hearing whole new avenues and doorways opened up to me to make better conclusions on how to function in this world. I had to learn to depend on my sense of sight more, my sense of touch & vibrations and my sense of smell, ..........so much so that I am considered like Deeana Troy in Star Trek , I am an empath. I practically know when things happen before they happen. I became a cna and also went to LPN school and being deaf helped me to help my patients better than many of my hearing peers. I sense things that others do or cannot. I had to use other parts of my brain that others do not of cannot because they rely too heavily on the world of sound.
I do not find myself in anytrouble because I am deaf other than if all my other senses have been put out of commission or somebody deliberately disses me.

I will pray for you hater of the deaf!

btw, thanks for all my birthday wishes that came in my mailbox today! Thanks so much :))))))))))))

You guys are reading way to much into this. Go back and read posts 13, 15 and 16 in this thread.

Cheri

Sighs, me and my husband has been called a retarded by his step-father and his mother thru E-mail, it really hurts!

Read whats my husband's step-father's mother wrote to me

WHO IS THIS RETARD WRITING TO US? SHE AND HER HUSBAND CAN'T EVEN SPEAK RIGHT, YOU BOTH ARE A RETARD AND BELONG IN A NUT HOUSE -CHAR!

Isn't that awful ?

Could sue her for discriminating our deafness!!!

There's more what she wrote:

YOU ARE ALL SO DUMB, YOU ARE JUST LIKE YOUR HUSBAND - ILLITERATE, CAN'T SPELL!

Pretty Cruel ain't it ?

You know who I hate: deaf people

You know who I hate: Deaf People

The jokes are stupid and not funny at all... It's literly stupid.

Sighs, me and my husband has been called a retarded by his step-father and his mother thru E-mail, it really hurts!

WHO IS THIS RETARD WRITING TO US? SHE AND HER HUSBAND CAN'T EVEN SPEAK RIGHT, YOU BOTH ARE A RETARD AND BELONG IN A NUT HOUSE -CHAR!

Isn't that awful ?

Pretty Cruel ain't it ?

I would be happy to send an email back to them telling them all kinds of stuff about their ignorance.

Isn't that awful ?

Pretty Cruel ain't it ?

If my stepdad and his mother ever call me like that, I would like not to talk or see them ever since. Flipping the bird at them would be very nice. Screw them.

I hate this thread. I especially hated the thing that was added to it yesterday, which I unfortunately read, as it focused on one of my challenges as a reason to hate deaf people.I am very glad that part got removed.
I wish this thread would be locked and die as it is so upsetting.

It always makes me feel bad all over again every time it comes up.

Oh i didn't read the whole thread because it makes me feel bad how ignorant people are. :(

bott, i didnt know there were posts that have removed. well i havent read all of it. my bad.

I hate this thread. I especially hated the thing that was added to it yesterday, which I unfortunately read, as it focused on one of my challenges as a reason to hate deaf people.I am very glad that part got removed.
I wish this thread would be locked and die as it is so upsetting.

It always makes me feel bad all over again every time it comes up.
Say hello to the dancing padlocks. :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back